|Reavis High School|
|6034 W. 77th Street
Burbank, Illinois, 60459
|School type||public, secondary|
|School district||H.S. District 220|
|NCES District ID||1733270|
|Superintendent||Daniel J. Riordan|
|NCES School ID||173327003446|
|Teaching staff||93.68 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.15:1|
|Color(s)||‹See Tfm› navy blue
‹See Tfm› white
|Athletics conference||South Suburban|
|Mascot||Ricky the Ram|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Average ACT scores (2007-08)||19.8|
Reavis High School is a public high school located in Burbank, Illinois. It is named for Dr. William Claude Reavis (1881–1955), a professor at the University of Chicago who played a major role in guaranteeing its completion.
Reavis is the only school in Cook County High School District 220, making the school and the district one and the same.
In 2010, Reavis had an average composite ACT score of 19.5 and graduated 96.3% of its senior class. The average class size is 20.4. Reavis has not made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) on the Prairie State Achievement Examination, which the state of Illinois uses to assess schools as is mandated in the federal No Child Left Behind Act.
Athletics and activities
Reavis competes in the South Suburban Conference, which was formed in 2006. Prior to this, the school was a part of the South Inter-Conference Association (SICA). Reavis is a member of the Illinois High School Association (IHSA), which governs most sports and competitive activities in the state.
The following Reavis teams won their respective state championship tournaments sponsored by the IHSA:
- Football: 1982-83
- Wrestling: 1960-61, 1961–62, 1964–65
- Drama (Contest Play): 2006–07, 2010–11
- Drama (Group Interpretation) 2012-13
- Lance Dreher, is a two time Mr. Universe and former Mr. America.
- Ray Hanania, journalist and comedian.
- James Chico Hernandez, World Cup Silver, 3 time British silver medalist in Sombo wrestling and Wheaties Fame.
- Bobby Madritsch, former Major League Baseball pitcher (2004–05), playing for the Seattle Mariners.
- Willy Roy, former soccer coach and member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
- "Reavis High School". Statistical abstract. National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). October 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "School Board and Administration". directory. Reavis High School District 220. Retrieved 25 August 2011.[dead link]
- "High School Code Search". College Board. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- "Burbank (Reavis)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 10 November 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- "Institution Summary for Reavis High School". AdvacedED profile. North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- "Illinois School Report Card" (PDF). Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). 2009. Retrieved 11 November 2009.
- "RAMPAGE Literary Magazine". Reavis High School. Retrieved 10 November 2009.[dead link]
- "BLUEPRINT Staff". Reavis High School. Retrieved 10 November 2009.[dead link]
- "ARIES Staff". Reavis High School. Retrieved 10 November 2009.[dead link]
- "Communications Club - WRHS". Reavis High School. Retrieved 10 November 2009.[dead link]
- IHSA; Season Summaries for Reavis HS; accessed 28 March 2009
- Lyke, Bill (29 August 1959). "Drive Out to the Pan-Am Gamnes!". Chicago Tribune. pp. B1. Retrieved 14 August 2009.[dead link]
- [dead link]
- Bell, Taylor (3 November 2009). "Reavis". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 10 November 2009.[dead link]