|Industry||Film, TV Technology|
Real Image Media Technologies is an Indian company that works in film and television technology and was instrumental in bringing digital non-linear editing and digital cinema sound to the Indian market. A key focus area of the company at present is digital cinema deployment in India.
Setup in 1986 as Media Artists Pvt. Ltd. in Chennai (then Madras), India, the company was officially renamed to Real Image Media Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in the early 2000s after the merger of Real Image Pvt. Ltd. and JS Films into Media Artists Pvt. Ltd. While Media Artists continues to be a brand of the company's audio post-production facilities, the primary focus of the company has since moved to digital cinema and as of March 2011, the company's Qube digital cinema systems are installed in about 2000 screens in India.
The first technology the company brought to India was computer-based non-linear editing with the Media Composer editing system from Avid Technology in 1993. Subsequently, the company brought digital cinema sound to India in a partnership with DTS in 1995.
In 2005, the company launched its own digital cinema system under the brand name Qube. Qube Cinema, Inc. was set up in the US as a subsidiary of Real Image Media Technologies and markets the digital cinema technology of the parent company worldwide.
Apart from rolling out digital cinema in India and selling the Qube digital cinema technology worldwide, the company also masters Indian feature films into the digital cinema format.
- About Us | Real Image Media Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Growth in India’s Digital Cinema Industry – Part 2
- Cinema of the future is here, now - India Empowered, Indian Express
- Real Image Media Technologies Unveils Digital Cinema - Screen
- When Every Show Feels Like a Premiere - Span Magazine
- Intel arm buys stake in Chennai’s Real Image - The Economic Times
- Real Image sees funds from Nomura - Variety
- Real Image Media Technologies official website
- Qube Cinema official website
- Qube digital cinema Indian rollout official website
- Media Artists post-production facility official website
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.