|Randy Martin, MD|
Randy Martin at Piedmont Hospital
|Born||Dr. Randy Martin
Miami, Florida, United States
Randy Martin is a cardiologist. He currently serves as Medical Director of Cardiovascular Imaging and Chief of Valvular & Structural Heart Disease at Piedmont Heart Institute. He is also the Chief Medical Advisor to ShareWIK Media Group. 
Martin trained in internal medicine and cardiology at Stanford University School of Medicine, where he became one of the pioneers in the field of two-dimensional echocardiography. He later served as an associate professor at University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, VA. During the early 1980s he became one of the innovators in the use of Doppler echocardiography in the United States and introduced the technique to his colleagues. Later, he served on the faculty of Mayo Medical School where he continued his active development and teaching in echocardiography. He later returned to Emory University to become a professor of medicine in the division of cardiology and director of noninvasive cardiology. He also served as associate dean. Martin is a past-president of the American Society of Echocardiography.
Martin serves on the Boards of The Atlanta Humane Society and The Healing Community at the City of Refuge.
Television & Interactive
Martin served as medical correspondent for the Cox Television ABC affiliate WSB-TV. In 2004, Martin was the first physician ever awarded the Howard L. Lewis Lifetime Achievement Award for health science from the American Heart Association. Martin lectures extensively throughout the world and for 21 years has served as the host/moderator of the world’s largest professional medical tele-education program, “Echo in Context.”
Awards & Publications
Martin has been published in more than 160 publications ranging from peer-reviewed journals to textbooks including:
- American College of Cardiology
- American Journal of Cardiology
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- Journal of Cardiology
- Japanese College of Cardiology
- "HealthWatchMD About". HealthWatchMD. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "ShareWIK.com About". ShareWIK Media Group. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Piedmont Heart Institute Welcomes Randy Martin, M.D.". Emory University. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "Director of Noninvasive Cardiology". Piedmont Hospital. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "HealthWatchMD Medical Expert - Randy Martin". HealthWatchMD. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Sharecare Bio Dr. Randy P. Martin". Sharecare. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "WSBTV Dr. Randy Martin Health Reporter". WSBTV.com. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Echo In context". Eco In Context. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "If content is king, Piedmont Healthcare is building a castle". Ragan Healthcare Communication. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Physiciain Profile of Dr. Randy Martin, M.D.". Piedmont Hospital. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "Hospital Profile on Piedmont Hospital". HealthGrades.com. Retrieved 2011-06-06.