|Rajya Sabha TV|
|Launched||26 August 2011|
|Owned by||Rajya Sabha|
|Picture format||4:3 (SDTV)|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Headquarters||12-A, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road, New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 330|
|Tata Sky||Channel 489|
|DEN Networks||Channel 322|
|Available on all cable providers||Check local listings|
|Available free to all internet users||Live stream|
Rajya Sabha TV (RSTV) is an Indian cable television network channel owned and operated by Rajya Sabha that covers the proceedings of Rajya Sabha (the Upper House of the Parliament of India). Apart from telecasting live coverage of Rajya Sabha proceedings, RSTV also brings incisive analysis of parliamentary affairs. While focusing on current national and international affairs, it provides a platform for knowledge-based programmes for the discerning viewer. The channel offers special attention to legislative business undertaken by the Parliament.
Conscious of its role as a public broadcaster, RSTV has conceptualised programmes on the basis of the vibrant relationship between Parliament and the people of India. It aims at providing an objective perspective on national and international affairs to the people. RSTV touches upon all the aspects of political, economic, social and cultural life of the people, while promoting scientific temper among masses.
With a vision to document the story of how the Constitution of India was created, Rajya Sabha TV produced a 10-part TV mini-series Samvidhaan which was directed by the noted film director Shyam Benegal.
List of Programs
Following is a list of Programmes which are telecast on Rajya Sabha TV:.
- The Big Picture: Daily(Mon-Fri) program which features discussion on one topic of current national/international importance.
- Desh Deshantar: Daily(Mon-Fri) program in Hindi which features discussion on one topic of current national/international importance.
- India's World: Weekly | Discussion on world affairs with diplomats and analysts.
- State of the Economy: Weekly | An interview show with key decision makers and analysts.
- Indian Standard Time: Weekly | An interview show with visiting foreign dignitaries and intellectuals.
- World Panorama: Weekly | Roundup on world affairs and events.
- Policy Watch: Weekly | A show featuring discussion of national economic policies.
- Samvidhaan: Show about making of Constitution of India in film format.
- Sarokaar: Weekly | Audience-based panel discussion on current issues.
- Media Manthan: Weekly | Panel discussion on the state of the media.
- Shakhsiyat: Weekly | Conversation with eminent personalities in the field of culture and music.
- Guftagoo: Weekly | Conversation with eminent personalities in the field of culture and music.
- Rajya Sabha TV – About Us. www.rajyasabhatv.com.
- Samvidhaan: Shyam Benegal's TV series on Indian constitution – IBNLive. Ibnlive.in.com (26 September 2013).
- Shyam Benegal: Samvidhaan not just for present generation. NDTV (10 January 2014).
- Suzanne Bernert &Narendra Jha in Samvidhaan. The Times of India.