|Rajya Sabha TV|
|Launched||26 August 2011|
|Owned by||Rajya Sabha|
|Picture format||4:3 (SDTV)|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Headquarters||12-A, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road, New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 330|
|Tata Sky||Channel 489|
|DEN Networks||Channel 322|
|Available on all cable providers||Check local listings|
|Available free to all internet users||Live stream|
Rajya Sabha TV (RSTV) is an Indian cable television network channel owned and operated by Rajya Sabha that covers the proceedings of Rajya Sabha (the Upper House of the Parliament of India). Apart from telecasting live coverage of Rajya Sabha proceedings, RSTV also brings incisive analysis of parliamentary affairs. While focusing on current national and international affairs, it provides a platform for knowledge-based programmes for the discerning viewer. The channel offers special attention to legislative business undertaken by the Parliament.
Conscious of its role as a public broadcaster, RSTV has conceptualised programmes on the basis of the vibrant relationship between Parliament and the people of India. It aims at providing an objective perspective on national and international affairs to the people. RSTV touches upon all the aspects of political, economic, social and cultural life of the people, while promoting scientific temper among masses.
List of Programs
RSTV is known for its current affairs related programs which got popularity in student community. Following is the incomplete list of important programs on RSTV.
- The Big Picture: Daily(Mon-Fri) program which features discussion on one topic of current national and international importance.
- India's World: Weekly show related to international affairs.
- State of the Economy: Weekly show related to Economic issues.
- Desh Deshantar: Daily(Mon-Fri) program in Hindi which features discussion on one topic of current national and international importance.
- Indian Standard Time: Weekly show which features interview of a foreign dignitary visiting India.
- World Panorama: Weekly show featuring news around globe.
- Policy Watch: Weekly show featuring discussion of national economic policies.
- Samvidhaan: Show about making of Constitution of India in film format.
- Sarokaar: Hindi show on issues of national importance.
- Media Manthan: Weekly show in Hindi discussing role and effect of media on society.
- Rajya Sabha TV – About Us. www.rajyasabhatv.com.
- Samvidhaan: Shyam Benegal's TV series on Indian constitution – IBNLive. Ibnlive.in.com (26 September 2013).
- Shyam Benegal: Samvidhaan not just for present generation. NDTV (10 January 2014).
- Suzanne Bernert &Narendra Jha in Samvidhaan. The Times of India.