||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (March 2010)|
|Born||8 oct 1944
Rajshree is an Indian actress.
While shooting with Raj Kapoor in America for the film Around the World in 8 Dollars, she met American student Greg Chapman. The two married three years later, in an Indian ceremony that lasted five days. She went with her husband to permanently live in America. They have one daughter. They live in Los Angeles.
She has been living in America for the last 30 years running a very successful custom clothing business with her husband, while still maintaining her interest in films. She was an assistant director on Hack-O-Lantern, Tainted Love and Monsoon and has done narration on a children’s video titled “Ashok By Any Other Name”.
Rajshree made her debut in films as a child star V. Shantaram's Subah Ka Tara (1954). Her career as an adult actress was launched by her father with Jeetendra in the film Geet Gaya Patharon Ne. She starred in popular hits such as Grahasthi, Ghar Basake Dekho, Jee Chahta hai, Sagai, Brahmachari, Janwar (1965 film) and Shehnai (film).
- Naina (1973)
- Brahmachari (1968) - Sheetal Chaudhary
- Suhag Raat (1968)
- Around the World (1967) - Rita
- Dil Ne Pukara (1967)
- Gunahon Ka Devta (1967)
- Mohabbat Zindagi Hai (1966) - Neeta
- Sagaai (1966) - Sheel
- Janwar (1965) - Sapna
- Do Dil (1965) - Bijli
- Geet Gaya Patharon Ne (1964) - Vidya
- Ji Chahta Hai (1964)
- Shehnai (1964)
- Ghar Basake Dekho (1963)
- Grahasti (1963)
- Stree (1961)
- Grihasthi (1960)
- Subah Ka Tara (1954)
- "Actress Rajshree Honored by Jain Group". India West. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- India Today International. Living Media India Limited. October 2000. p. 106. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- The Hindu Weekly Review. K. Gopalan. January 1968. p. 18. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- Renu Saran (25 February 2014). Encyclopedia of Bollywood–Film Actresses. Diamond Pocket Books Pvt Ltd. pp. 83–. ISBN 978-93-5083-691-0. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|