|ராஜலட்சுமி பொறியியல் கல்லூரி|
|Motto||"Hard Work and Discipline"|
|Type||Private, Engineering College|
|Chairman||Thiru. S. Meganathan|
|Students||5800 (Average intake per year UG: 1280, PG: 180)|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Accreditation||AICTE, NBA, NAAC, COA, TÜV NORD, TÜV SÜD, CII, IEI, DAAD, MSME, NASSCOM.|
|Colors||White and Blue|
|Affiliations||Anna University, Government of Tamil Nadu.|
Rajalakshmi Engineering College (R.E.C) (Tamil: ராஜலட்சுமி பொறியியல் கல்லூரி), is a private engineering college located at Thandalam, Sriperumbudur near Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college was established in 1997 by the Rajalakshmi Educational Trust, Rajalakshmi Institutions and has been approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- 1 History
- 2 Sister institutions
- 3 Accreditations
- 4 Cooperation with other organisations
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Conferences and symposia
- 7 Rankings
- 8 Societies and extracurricular activities
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
In 1997, the college was granted permission to conduct engineering courses in the disciplines of Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science Engineering, awarded by the Anna University.
The college was later expanded with 11 undergraduate and 11 postgraduate programs.The college started the Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Information Technology in 1999 and followed by Automobile Engineering in the year 2006, Automobile Department of Rajalakshmi Engineering College ranks good after Madras Institute of Technology under Anna University affiliation. Aeronautical Engineering in the year 2005, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and Civil Engineering.The college also started to offer BEd and MEd programmes in 2006, Nursing in the year 2008.One of the integral course under civil and construction department named BArch (Architecture) was also started in the year 2011 and approved by Council of Architecture.
|Rajalakshmi Engineering College||REC||1997||Thandalam, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Rajalakshmi School of Management||RSM||1997||Thandalam, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Rajalakshmi College of Educations||RCE||2006||Thandalam, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|- offers B.Ed and M.Ed programmes, affiliated with Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University|
|Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology||RIT||2008||Kuthambakkam, Tiruvallur||Tamil Nadu|
|Rajalakshmi College of Nursing||RCN||2010||Thandalam, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|- affiliated with Nursing Council of India and Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.|
|Rajalakshmi School of Architecture||RSA||2010||Thandalam, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Rajalakshmi Automobiles Private Limited||RAPL||2010||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Some parts of the article have promotional tone. Need to be rewritten according to wiki rules.. (February 2015)|
The college is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institution. REC was awarded the International Organization for Standardization 9002 certificate by TÜV NORD of Hanover and TÜV SÜD of Munich, Germany. It is approved and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the college for a period of five years with validity from 31 March 2007.
The college is also accredited by companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant Technology Solutions, WIPRO Trusted Academic Partner and Infosys Campus Connect. Ashok Leyland recognized the college as a centre of excellence in automotives. IBM named it a "Centre of Excellence for Certified Software Center".
Programmes at REC are accredited by the Institution of Engineers, India (IEI).
Cooperation with other organisations
REC has signed memoranda of understanding with a variety of educational institutions including:
- AEC Business School
- Moscow Aviation Institute
- University of Sunderland, UK
- Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
- University of Wolverhampton, UK
- University of Regina, Canada
It has memoranda with the following industry representatives:
- IBM Global Services, Bangalore
- Super Auto Forge, Chennai
- FLSmidth Private Limited, Chennai
- Firestream Worldwide Inc., Chennai
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Robert Bosch GmbH to set up a joint certification training centre.
- Aban Group focusing on biofuel from algae.
Mission REACH (Relevance & Excellence in ACHieving new heights in educational institutions) programme was launched in the year 2000, as a Technology Vision 2020 for India initiative, by Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), an autonomous organisation of the Department of Science & Technology. TIFAC establishes centres of relevance and excellence (COREs) in educational institutions in emerging science and technology. These COREs form a tripartite relationship between the government, industry and educational institutions to provide technically qualified manpower of international standards. REC has been selected to establish a CORE in the area of machine vision. The CORE has been launched and is active since 14 February 2009.
The REC library has a collection of 48,100 volumes and periodicals. The college auditorium has a capacity of 500. Sporting facilities include an athletic track, cricket pitch, basketball and volleyball courts, and football fields. Separate male and female hostels are provided.
The campus houses a medical center staffed by a nurse and doctor. An ambulance van is available.
Since the campus is located 35 kilometres (21.7 mi) away from Chennai city, transportation is provided between Chennai and the college. The college now runs over 64 buses. Buses are operated on Saturdays and Sundays for special classes and sports. On special occasions buses are sent for industrial visits and social service activities. The college owns four of the buses, one ambulance and a van.
Conferences and symposia
In 2013 REC organised an international conference on surface engineering for research and industrial applications, Interfinish SERIA 2013 Asia Pacific.
Symposia by department
|Department of Automobile Engineering||Turbo|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Ingenious|
|Department of Computer Science and Engineering||Automata|
|Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Coulomb|
|Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering||Revotronic|
|Department of Civil Engineering||Resonance|
REC was ranked 52 in the Dataquest DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012. A 2012 survey ranking institutions on their collaboration with industry placed it in the top 20 colleges from Tamil Nadu.Rajalakshmi Engineering College has been ranked 22 across India amongst all Private Colleges by DataQuest in the DataQuest-CMR Survey Top Tech Schools 2015.
Societies and extracurricular activities
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Students Branch
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Society of Mechanical Engineers (SME)
- Youth Red Cross
- Rotaract Club
- NSS (a community service initiative)
- Atrium - The Literary Club
- STEM - Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics
- REC Debating Union
The Light Music Club was led by the Airtel Super Singer Junior Season 1 title winner Krishnamoorty.
KRIYA is an "entrepreneurship development cell" with the stated aim of conducting research, inspiring students, assist with project development and provide interaction with entrepreneurs and industrialists. The facility is designed by students.
- Rajalakshmi Institutions
- Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology
- Rajalakshmi School of Architecture
- Anna University
- Anna University Chennai
- "About the college". Rajalakshmi Engineering College. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- REC Video (YouTube). Rajalakshmi Engineering College. 24 June 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Venugopal, Vasudha (21 November 2012). "‘State engg. colleges have best industry ties'". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Our institutions". Rajalakshmi Institutions. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Rajalakshmi Engineering College Details, January –28, 2015, TNEA Anna university, retrieved 2015-01-28
- "Accreditations". Rajalakshmi Engineering College. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "REC and Bosch sign MoU". The New Indian Express. 7 July 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "REC signs MoU with ABAN". The New Indian Express. 28 February 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Educational institutions sign MOU". IBN Live. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Sponsors". Aircel Chennai Open (2012). Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Library". Rajalakshmi Engineering College. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Kumar, Ravi (7 August 2013). "Surface engineering can prevent wear, corrosion loss: V.K. Saraswat". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012: Nurturing India's Top Tech Talent". DataQuest India. Archived from the original on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "NSS". Rajalakshmi Engineering College. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Entrepreneurship Development Cell". KRIYA. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Varma, M. Dinesh (31 May 2013). "City woman’s research work featured in Nature". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Prasad, R. (July 24, 2013). "Indian’s UAV to survey Arctic ice algae". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
Find more about
Rajalakshmi Engineering College
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Data from Wikidata|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.