|Full name||Rafael de Andrade Bittencourt Pinheiro|
|Date of birth||3 March 1982|
|Place of birth||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|1995||Nacional (SP)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 December 2010.
† Appearances (Goals).
Rafael de Andrade Bittencourt Pinheiro known as Rafael (born 3 March 1982) is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper. He currently plays for Hellas Verona in Serie B. He also holds an Italian passport.
He arrived in Italy after playing 17 (of 19) matches in 2007 Campeonato Paulista, ahead of Maurício. He was an understudy of Júlio Sérgio, Fábio Costa and Doni at Santos FC. In Verona, after missing only three games (of a possible 136) in four seasons of Lega Pro, the third highest football league in Italy, Rafael played a crucial role in helping his team reach the 2010-2011 Lega Pro Division One playoffs and win them, to return to Serie B after a four year absence.
- "Muralha brasileira na Itália: Sem sofrer gols fora de casa há quase um ano, Rafael, do Verona, é o goleiro menos vazado do calcio na temporada". Esporte Site (in Portuguese). 3 March 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- In this name, Andrade Bittencourt Pinheiro is the surname. According to Portuguese customs, the last one, Pinheiro usually his paternal surname but sometimes "Bittencourt–Pinheiro" is also possible. Moreover, the first surname Andrade may be his paternal surname, in although it is rare in Portuguese culture. However the first surname Andrade, is his paternal surname is common in Spanish name. When lack of information, he may refer as "Mr. Pinheiro" or "Rafael" in although other possibility existed.
- "Carriera di Rafael De Andrade Bittencourt Pinheiro". Tutto Calciatori. Retrieved 28 December 2008.
- "L'entusiasmo dei nuovi, Rafael e Iovine". Hellas Verona FC (in Italian). 21 July 2007. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "Rafael De Andrade Bittencourt Pinheiro". Hellas Verona F.C. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
|This biographical article related to a Brazilian association football goalkeeper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.