Psalm 150 is a psalm in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament. In it, the writer urges the congregation to praise God with music and dancing. The text, beloved by Jews and Christians alike, has often been set to music. The basic concept of this psalm is that there are a variety of ways one can praise God.
In Judaism 
A long tradition ascribes authorship of Psalms 150 to King David, said in the Hebrew Scriptures to have been a field shepherd himself as a youth.
- Together with Psalms 146, 147, 148 and 149, Psalm 150 is recited as a part of daily prayer during Pesukei D'Zimrah. They are considered an alternate form of Hallel, and their recitation is considered to be reciting Hallel daily.
- Verse 3 if found in the repetition of the Shacharit Amidah on Rosh Hashanah.
- Verses 1-6 are found in the Mussaf Amidah on Rosh Hashanah.
In Christianity 
It is one of the Laudate psalms and was sung as part of a trio of psalms during Lauds in the Roman rite.
For Christians the image of God as a shepherd evokes connections not only with David but with Jesus, described as "the Good Shepherd" in the Gospel of John. Psalm 150 (New King James Version)
- Psalm 150 - New King James Version
- Let All Things Praise the LORD
- 1 Praise the LORD!
- Praise God in His sanctuary;
- Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
- 2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
- Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
- 3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
- Praise Him with the lute and harp!
- 4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
- Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
- 5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
- Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
- 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
- Praise the LORD!
Musical settings 
- ^ Isaacs, Ronald H. Every Person's Guide to Jewish Prayer, p.115.
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Machzor for Rosh Hashanah, p.324.
- ^ The Complete Artscroll Machzor for Rosh Hashanah, p.465.
- ^ Grasberger, Franz. Rickett, Richard, translator. "Foreword", Anton Bruckner: Sämtliche Werke: Band 20 Teil 6: Psalm 150: Studienpartitur, Musikwissenschaftlicher Verlag der Internationalen Bruckner-Gesellschaft, Vienna, 1964.
External links 
J Moss Psalms 150
I LOVEEE THIS SONG.
VaShawn Mitchell - Psalm 150
Music video by VaShawn Mitchell performing Psalm 150. (P) (C) 2012 EMI Gospel. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable la...
Psalm 150 - Misty Edwards
A video I made for my small group a while back. Music by Misty Edwards Psalm 150 1: Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty he...
Orgelimprovisatie Psalm 150 met aansluitend Samenzang vers 1 en 2(bovenstem) Maartenskerk Zaltbommel
DE VOLGENDE ZANGAVOND IS DV 11 MEI 2013 WEDEROM IN DE SINT MAARTENSKERK TE ZALTBOMMEL. OOK HIERAAN VERLEEND DE BOVENSTEMGROEP HARDINXVELD GIESSENDAM E.O HAAR...
Psalm 150 - Praise the Eternal
This video is a beautiful expression of Psalm 150 from The Voice Bible.
Psalm 150 vers 1 en 2 - Looft God, looft zijn Naam alom
Psalm 150 (berijming 1773) Vers 1: Looft God, looft zijn Naam alom; Looft Hem in Zijn heiligdom; Looft des Heeren grote macht, In den hemel Zijner kracht; Lo...
Psalm 150 CV Stanford
Psalm 150 Sir Charles Villiers Stanford From the Memorial Service for Laurence Olivier Friday 20th October 1989, in Westminster Abbey.
CESAR FRANCK: PSALM 150 - CONDUCTED BY TAMÁS VÁSÁRY, XAVER VARNUS AT THE GREAT ORGAN
Cesar Franck: Psalm 150 (O Praise God In His Holiness) with the participation of XAVER VARNUS on the great organ, The Budapest Tomkins Vocal Ensemble, The Bu...
Southeastern Singers - Psalm 150
The Southeastern Singers, a student choir from Southeastern University (Florida), were guests on the March 2007 "CampMeeting", an Inspiration Ministries fund...
St. Paul's Cathedral Choir - Psalm 150.
Fri, 17 May 2013 04:30:24 -0700
His work, which featured in the first half of the concert, is called Laudate Dominum and is a complete setting in Latin of the well-known Psalm 150. It is a contemplative work of quiet reflection which the group infused with a deep sense of tranquility ...
Conway Daily Sun
Wed, 15 May 2013 11:27:18 -0700
"Salmo 150 (Psalm 150)" by Ernani Aguiar of Brazil is part of a Latin-American choral music series intended to allow "choirs to get to know this wonderful music and, through it, discover our traditions, our rhythms, and our soul." Choral director Holly ...
South Wales Argus
Tue, 14 May 2013 07:43:32 -0700
Psalmody, too, in a Wales 'first' for a version by deputy conductor David Martyn Jones of Psalm 150, a lively anthem from his student days with underscored musical effects to which he drew our attention - in case we were over-awed by how musicians can ...
Fri, 03 May 2013 21:06:10 -0700
Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 150: "Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with ...
Dagblad de Limburger
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:03:31 -0700
Deze worden uitgevoerd door Tjeu Zeijen (orgel) en de beide zangsolisten. Het concert wordt afgesloten door de Vlissingse Oratorium Vereniging met Psalm 150 van César Franck. Het concert begint om 20.00 uur precies. Neem een plat zitkussentje mee.
Reutlinger General-Anzeiger (Abonnement)
Sun, 12 May 2013 21:53:04 -0700
... Serenade«, Musicalmelodien und dem Grunaer Marsch. Pfarrer Frieder Dietelbach von der evangelischen Kirchengemeinde St. Blasius dankte dem Chor für die zahlreichen Einsätze und las aus Psalm 150 »Das große Halleluja« die ersten sechs Verse.
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:08:11 -0700
Trier. Der Mädchenchor singt Psalm 150, während Triers Bischof Stephan Ackermann und die Mitzelebranten feierlich in den Dom einziehen.: Erzbischof Volodymyr Vijtyshyn aus der Ukraine, Weihbischof Duro Hranic aus Kroatien, Weihbischof Leo Schwarz, ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Psalm 150 with people all over the world in our discussions.