A prison cemetery is a cemetery reserved for prisoners. Generally, the remains of inmates who are not claimed by family or friends are interred in prison cemeteries  and include convicts executed for capital crimes.
List of prison cemeteries
- ^ Bryant, Clifton D. Handbook of Death & Dying, Volume 1. SAGE, 2003. 500. Retrieved from Google Books on March 1, 2011. ISBN 0-7619-2514-7, ISBN 978-0-7619-2514-9.
- ^ Nelson's Encyclopedia. Volume IV. March 1927. 329. Retrieved from Google Books on March 1, 2011.
- ^ a b "Photo Album." (Alternate link) Louisiana State Penitentiary. Retrieved on July 20, 2010.
- ^ "Bowers May Be Interred at Parchman." (Archive) WTOK-TV. November 7, 2006. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- ^ Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Turner Publishing Company, 2004. 62. ISBN 1-56311-964-1, ISBN 978-1-56311-964-4.
- ^ Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Turner Publishing Company, 2004. 61. ISBN 1-56311-964-1, ISBN 978-1-56311-964-4.
- ^ "Hilltop warden, employees work to restore facility’s former glory." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. September–October 2005. Retrieved on July 24, 2010.
Wed, 07 Jan 2015 05:18:49 -0800
The motorhome is now parked at the Paradise Casino in Winterhaven, California. Less than 1/2 mile away is the Colorado River and on the other side…the sunniest place on Earth…Yuma, Arizona. I'm here hanging out and enjoying the nice weather.
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:29:06 -0700
Near the oldest prison in Texas lies an ornate enclosure holding two strangers and another grave strangely marked with a prisoner's number. It's a set of mysteries that one historian at the Texas Prison Museum wants to clear up before the facts are ...
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:21:58 -0700
There are 38 people buried at the prison cemetery in Windsor. The first was Louis Meeker, a murderer executed in 1893. A rise in the use of the death penalty in Windsor prompted the need for the cemetery. The last executions in Vermont were back in 1954.
The Record (New Westminster)
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:26:15 -0700
The City of New Westminster plans to resurrect a widely forgotten prison cemetery. Located at the old B.C. Penitentiary grounds (what is now Glenbrook Ravine Park), Boot Hill contains the remains of nearly 50 inmates who were never claimed by friends ...
New York Times
Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:23:26 -0800
“I think everyone assumes if you're in a prison cemetery you're somehow the worst of the worst,” said Franklin T. Wilson, an assistant professor of criminology at Indiana State University who is writing a book about the cemetery. “But it's more of a ...
Wed, 01 Jul 2015 12:19:16 -0700
Matt was no longer a ward of the state when he was killed Friday after escaping on June 6 from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, New York, and will not be buried at the prison's cemetery, Franklin County Coroner Bryan Langdon said. Matt ...
The Idaho Statesman
The Idaho Statesman
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:12:02 -0700
Six of the 10 men executed at the Old Pen are buried in the prison cemetery, including murderer Raymond Snowden, who was hanged in 1957. He lies beneath one of the "unknown" markers. It's likely that wooden stakes originally marked many of the graves ...
Vermont Public Radio
Tue, 21 May 2013 15:48:05 -0700
According to Giffin, the prison cemetery was largely forgotten and overgrown until Rutland's new bike path opened last year. The path, which follows East Creek, runs right alongside the cemetery. As more people noticed the chipped stone markers ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.