The position of President of Nicaragua was created in the Constitution of 1854. From 1825 until the Constitution of 1838 the title of the position was known as Head of State (Jefe de Estado) and from 1838 to 1854 as Supreme Director (Supremo Director).
Heads of State of Nicaragua within the Federal Republic of Central America (1821–1838)
- Manuel Antonio de la Cerda y Aguilar : 22 April 1825 – 22 April 1826
- Juan Argüello del Castillo y Guzmán : 22 April 1826 – 14 September 1827
- Pedro Benito Pineda de León (acting; in rebellion at Granada) : 17 September 1826 – 26 February 1827
- Manuel Antonio de la Cerda y Aguilar (in rebellion at León and Granada) : 27 February 1827 – 7 November 1828
- Pedro Oviedo de Chinandega (provisional) : 14 September 1827 – December 1827
- Juan Argüello del Castillo y Guzmán : 5 August 1828 – April 1829
- Juan Espinosa (acting) : April 1829 – 12 May 1830
- Dionisio de Herrera : 12 May 1830 – November 1833
- Benito Rosales (acting) : December 1833 – 10 March 1834
- José Núñez (acting) : 10 March 1834 – 23 April 1835
- José Zepeda : 23 April 1835 – 25 January 1837
- José Núñez (acting) : 25 January 1837 – 12 January 1838
- Francisco Jiménez Rubio (acting) : 12 January 1838 – 13 March 1838
- José Núñez : 13 March 1838 – 17 November 1838
Heads of State of the Independent Republic of Nicaragua (1838–present)
Supreme Directors (1838–1854)
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:08:49 -0700
wondered the president of Nicaragua. In his opinion, Palestine is the victim of "madness" on the part of the Israeli leader, who seeks to “annihilate the Palestinian people.” For Ortega, Israel is “committing genocide” in the Gaza Strip, a crime so ...
Independent European Daily Express
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:03:45 -0700
That fear is shared by dozens of environmentalists and non-governmental organisations, like the Nicaraguan Foundation for Sustainable Development, which under the leadership of biologist Jaime Incer, environmental adviser to the president of Nicaragua, ...
Fox News Latino
Fox News Latino
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:56:15 -0700
MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) – In Nicaragua, where Marxist dogma has given way to a free market economy, the red-and-black flags of the Sandinista revolution have been supplanted by the pink and baby blue colors favored by the country's first lady, ...
Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:03:22 -0700
theguardian.com, Tuesday 8 July 2014 11.02 EDT. Jump to comments (…) Daniel Ortega and Wang Jing. The president of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega, left, with businessman Wang Jing after signing the agreement to build the canal. Photograph: Esteban Felix/ ...
New York Times
New York Times
Fri, 04 Jul 2014 19:15:00 -0700
The novelist Sergio Ramírez, a former vice president of Nicaragua, said Dr. Álvarez had “witnessed an epoch and participated in it,” adding: “He was still making plans to rescue the democracy we have lost so many times. He was committed to the ...
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:07:30 -0700
Imagen activa 29 de julio de 2014, 15:03Managua, Jul 29 (Prensa Latina) The Secretary General of the United Nations (UN), Ban Ki-moon, arrived today in this capital, where he was welcomed by the President of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega. Speaking on his ...
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 00:20:20 -0700
“Arnoldo Alemán, former President of Nicaragua from 1997–2002. Mr. Aleman has been one of the most corrupt Presidents Nicaragua ever had. He stole more than US $200,000,000 from the Nicaraguan Treasury. Mr. Alemán is ranked one of the world's 10 ...
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:52:30 -0700
19 de julio de 2014, 00:05Managua, Jul 19 (Prensa Latina) The 21st Livestock Exhibit of Central America (Expica) continues today in this capital, attended by over 250 trade companies and some 300 livestock exhibitors. President of Expica, Oscar ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about President of Nicaragua with people all over the world in our discussions.