The Playboy Cyber Club was the subscription-based premium service portion of Playboy Online (Playboy.com) that served as an online complement to Playboy magazine. It debuted in 1995 as part of Playboy Online. It had several features that were similar to the print edition of the magazine, but also produced a large amount of original content such as archived photoshoots, videos and live chats. In addition, the site provided interactive features, including member votes to select featured models. It accepted amateur photos for publication and also featured cell phone photos called "Sex Cells" which were taken by the Playboy models themselves.
Cyber Club features
- Cyber Girls - The models appearing in the featured pictorials were called Playboy Cyber Girls since Stephanie Heinrich was spotlighted in August 2000. There were corporate selections of Cyber Girl of the Week and membership elections of Cyber Girl of the Month and Cyber Girl of the Year. A Cyber Girl of the Week model who also won the monthly award was featured as Cyber Girl of the Month 4 months after her weekly pictorial (i.e. if she was a Cyber Girl of the Week in August and won the monthly award, she would be Cyber Girl of the Month for December).
- Playmate Exclusives - Usually before the new print edition of Playboy was available, a "preview pictorial" of the upcoming Playmate of the Month was posted on the Cyber Club. Additional exclusive pictures of current Playmates and previously unreleased photos of past Playmates were also posted.
- Playboy Coeds - Playboy's Coed of the Week began as Coed of the Month from June 2001 to August 2004. Coed of the Week began the following month. In March 2006, Coed of the Month voting among Coeds of the Week began. The Coed of the Month is similar to the process for Cyber Girl except the Coed of the Month is always features 2 months after her weekly pictorial.
- Sexy Girls Next Door (also SGND) - This was one of the Cyber Club's oldest features, starting in 1998. A new amateur model proclaimed "The Sexy Girl Next Door" was given a monthly pictorial on the site.
- Special Editions Xtreme - S.E.X. was a more explicit pictorial.
- Employee of the Month (also EOTM and Cheerleader of the Month) - A pictorial that featured an (usually) amateur model with an interesting line of work, such as zookeeper, interior designer, or cheerleader debuted in October 2004. Professional cheerleaders (specifically from the NFL) have been featured, but could not pose nude due to their contracts. From October 2005 to February 2006 this feature was also known as Cheerleader of the Month.
- International Beauties - Playboy spotlighted one of their international models in a monthly pictorial.
- Rookie Babe - This feature, in association with RookieBabe (a nude amateur modelling company), showcased some of their models on the Cyber Club.
- Daily Double - The Daily Double feature began in 1998 and featured daily posting of two never-before-seen pictures of models who had posed for one of the company's numerous publications.
- Celebrities - This was a section devoted entirely to celebrities who had posed for Playboy in the Cyber Club. They were divided into the following categories: Actresses, Women of... (such as Women of Australia or Women of Starbucks), Supermodels, In the News, Athletes, Celebrity Photographers (celebrity photographer photographs of Playmates or Playboy Special Edition models) and so on.
- SuicideGirls - Pictorials of select girls from the SuicideGirls website were made available since Playboy partnered with them.
The Cyber Club site was closed on 18 October 2014 and the subdomain cyber.playboy.com was shut down. Some of the site's content was transferred to the Playboy Plus premium site but not all.
Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:34:22 -0700
It sure isn't the first time that she has taken her clothes off for the bunny however the Kim Kardashian naked Playboy Cyber Club photos are bringing a whole new level of hotness to the reality TV star. This time though the nude pictures of Kim will be ...
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:11:54 -0700
Romina Cisneros – Cyber Club Argentina. Creemos que muchos de nuestros visitantes son de nacional Argentina,. por lo tanto deben de conocer a Romina Cisneros, una muñeca que tiene un cuerpo muy atractivo y es realmente seductora al tener una de ...
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 06:26:15 -0800
Playboy's Cyber Club has released a new shoot from Matt Hardy's wife Reby Sky. - We noted before that WWE officials planned to speak to the locker room about how the WWE Network will affect them a few weeks ago in a meeting before RAW. That meeting ...
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:51:34 -0800
Formerly the Playboy Cyber Club, according to its official Twitter account, Playboy Plus is an online component to Playboy magazine that provides original nude picture content. Playboy's online branded assets are operated by Montreal-based adult ...
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:18:10 -0700
The same way it's nice to come home at Thanksgiving and see that your old bedroom is the way you left it, it's nice to see the same old reliable insanity on reality television. So much has changed on Jersey Shore and The Challenge over the years, yet ...
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:36:29 -0800
Our second model was featured primarily online with Playboy's Cyber Club and had the title of Cyber Girl of the Week. Cyber Girls came about in 2000 when PEI management realized the benefits of having more than one featured model per month, so they ...
Houston Press (blog)
Tue, 04 Oct 2011 06:19:27 -0700
The "upcoming modeling opportunities" noted in the release could mean anything, from centerfolds to appearances in the Playboy Cyber Club and the special edition issues. 2010 Playmate of the Year Hope Dworaczyk and Miss May 2011, Sasha Bonilova, ...
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:33:43 -0700
(Source: Getty Images, inset via Playboy) more pics » Jenny McCarthy's latest Playboy cover (via Playboy) Jenny McCarthy is celebrating her 40th birthday this year with her seventh nude Playboy pictorial. The latest cover from the 39-year-old (her ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.