PMB (PhpMyBibli) is a fully featured open source integrated library system. The project was initiated by François Lemarchand in October 2002, Director of the Public Library of Agneaux; it is now maintained by PMB Services (a French Company).
|Initial release||October 2003|
|Stable release||3.4.2 / September 20, 2010|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, Mac OS|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Dutch and Portuguese|
|Type||Integrated library system|
PMB has most of the functional modules essential for a library management system.
- SDI (Selective Dissemination of Information Service)
The features of PMB are,
- User friendly web interfaces for librarian and users
- Barcode generator
- Detailed documentation for users and administrators
- Active development status
- Interface for database back up and bibliographical records
- Multi language support (French, English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese)
- Import and export of bibliographic records in different formats.
- Complies to Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
The development of PMB was started in October 2002 by a librarian, François Lemarchand. He prepared the bases of cataloguing and the skeleton of the application. Later on Eric Robert, Gautier Michelin, Florent Tetart, Armelle Nedelec joined the developers' group. In 2003, the project initiator François Lemarchand left the team. The last 3.0 version was launched in September 2006, and since then frequent release updates were made and new features added to the existing version.
PMB was initially licensed under GNU General Public License, which ensures the free availability of the software. Wiki, mailing lists and BerliOS hosting facilities allow communication between PMB developers and users. PMB is now licensed under CECILL free licence, that ensures legal security in France and other countries with similar legal systems.
PMB is written using PHP programming language. It requires:
Quick installation of PMB is possible using