Phillip H. Wiebe (1945-) is the former Chair of the Department of Philosophy, Professor of Philosophy and former Dean of Arts and Religious Studies at Trinity Western University and its School of Graduate Studies. He is the author of God and Other Spirits and Visions of Jesus, both from Oxford University Press. His primary areas of research are in philosophy of religion and science, and epistemology.
B.A., M.A.. (Manitoba) Ph.D. (Adelaide).
Areas of Expertise
Analytic philosophy; philosophy of religion, religious experience.
- Some have described Phillip Wiebe as a "Mystical Empiricist."
- Also a noted Shroud of Turin expert.
- Book on intellectual vision pending.
- Theism in an Age of Science, Lanham, MD: American University Press, 1988.
- Visions of Jesus: direct encounters from the New Testament to today, New York; Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997.(Library Journal Review, summary)
- God and other spirits: intimations of transcendence in Christian experience, New York; Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004. (Table of contents, summary)
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|