Presidential, legislative and local elections were held on November 11, 1941 in the Philippines. Incumbent President Manuel Luis Quezon won an unprecedented second partial term as President of the Philippines via a landslide. His running mate, Vice President Sergio Osmeña also won via landslide. The elected officials however, did not serve their terms from 1942 to 1945 due to World War II. In 1943, a Japanese-sponsored Republic was established and appointed José P. Laurel as president. From 1943 to 1945, the Philippines have two presidents. Quezon died in 1944 due to tuberculosis and was replaced by Sergio Osmeña.
Vice President 
- ^a The following were detained because of collaboration charges with the Japanese: Antonio de las Alas, Vicente Madrigal, Quintin Paredes, Claro M. Recto, Eulogio Rodriguez, Proceso E. Sebastian, Emiliano Tria Tirona, José Yulo.
- ^b Daniel Maramba died and Jose Ozamis was executed during the war.
- ^c The senators elected in 1941 served only from July 5, 1945 to April 23, 1946 except for Alauya Alonto, Esteban de la Rama, Pedro C. Hernaez, Vicente Madrigal, Vicente Rama, Eulogio A. Rodriguez, Sr., Proceso E. Sebastian and Emiliano Tria Tirona who served until May 22, 1947
- ^1 Replaced Norberto Romuáldez who died on the eve of the elections.
- ^2 Alauya Alonto used his Muslim Name "Sa Ramain" during the elections.
See also 
External links 
President MANUEL LUIS QUEZON: Message to the People of the Philippines | Circa 1920s
A PilipinasMabuhay100 exclusive: President MANUEL LUIS QUEZON, Second President of the Philippines (First President of the Philippine Commonwealth) (1935-194...
1945: "News Parade of 1945" Castle Films Newsreel; End of World War II
more at http://quickfound.net/ Millions Mourn Roosevelt - Harry S. Truman Becomes U. S. President - Allies in Berlin! - Allies Take Control of Germany - Japs...
Anthony Eden Speech
Anthony Eden gives a speech at the Conservative Party Conference in Brighton, in 1947. Eden states that the Conservatives stand for the individual, and regar...
CIA Covert Action in Iran, Vietnam, Laos, the Congo, Cuba, and Guatemala: Documentary Film (1965)
http://thefilmarchive.org/ DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UWJ5Y0/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=doc06-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&cre...
Winston Churchill giving a speech in Tribute to Civil Defense
Winston Churchill giving a speech in Tribute to Civil Defense.
Santo Tomas Prisoners Liberated; FDR on Yalta 1945/3/1
1) "Since their conquest of the Philippines in 1941, the Japs have been holding 3700 prisoners on the campus of Santo Tomas University. As the American forc...
"BERNARD PALAD" NHK NEWS JAPAN - Int'l. Summer Event Concert 07/13/2008, Proud To Be Pinoy...
July 13, 2008.... 10 diff. countries performs in this concert... Russia, Japan, Philippines, America etc. and it's very successful event Thank's God! I sing ...
Charles E. Saltzman Interview
http://thefilmarchive.org/ Charles Eskridge Saltzman (1903--1994) was a United States soldier, businessman and State Department official. Charles E. Saltzman...
The eventful life of that consumate political survivor King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia. He first came to the throne in 1941 and later declared the independ...
First Session of 12th SPA of DPRK Held
Pyongyang, April 9 (KCNA) -- The First Session of the 12th Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK was held at the Mansudae Assembly Hall today. General Secret...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Philippine general election, 1941" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Philippine general election, 1941 with people all over the world in our discussions.