|Based in||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
Philadelphia (usually called "Philadelphia magazine" and often incorrectly written as "Philadelphia Magazine" or referred to by the nickname "Phillymag") is a regional monthly magazine published in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Metrocorp.
Coverage includes Philadelphia and the surrounding counties of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Bucks County, Pennsylvania, as well as Camden and Burlington counties in New Jersey. During summer, coverage expands to include vacation communities along the Jersey shore.
The magazine has been the recipient of the National Magazine Award in various categories in 1970, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1993, and 1994.
Key staff (as of April 2012 ) includes:
- D. Herbert Lipson, Chairman
- David H. Lipson, Jr., President
- Frederick B. Waechter, Jr., Chief Operating Officer
- Marian Conicella, Publisher
- Tom McGrath, Editor
- Michael Callahan, Executive Editor
Like other city and regional magazines, sections cover dining, entertainment, and special events. Feature articles cover the range of these topics, along with local and regional politics. Special (generally annual) features include "The Best of Philly" Awards, with summary top ratings of a panoply of products, services, stores, shops and community features; and "Top Doctors", listing top-rated physicians by specialty; and "50 Best Restaurants." It is a member of the City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA).
In March 2010 the magazine launched the daily news and opinion site The Philly Post, which has 200,000 unique visitors per month. In December 2010 it also acquired the popular Philadelphia food blog Foobooz.
Alumni staff includes Lisa DePaulo, Andrew Corsello, Jason Fagone, Christopher McDougall, Maximillian Potter, Matthew Teague, Stephen Rodrick, Eric Konigsberg, Karen Abbott, Stephen Fried, Sasha Issenberg, Loren Feldman, Benjamin Wallace, Bill Tonelli, A.J. Daulerio, Maureen Tkacik, Jessica Pressler, and Ben Yagoda.
- "CRMA Magazines". City and Regional Magazine Association. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- Philadelphia magazine issue archive, May 2005
- Barnett, Susan (May 11, 2007). "Local Woman Graces Philly Magazine Totally Nude". KYW-TV (CBS). Archived from the original on June 15, 2007. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.