Adelaide, South Australia
Mosque on Marion Road
|Population||2,319 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Marion|
Park Holme is a suburb of Adelaide in the City of Marion, South Australia, home to the Marion Swimming Centre. It is bordered in the east by Marion Road, in the west by Hendrie Street, in the south by Oaklands Road, and in the north by Taranna Ave, just south of Bray Street. It is adjacent to Ascot Park, Edwardstown, South Plympton, Mitchell Park, Clovelly Park, Glengowrie, Morpettville and Oaklands Park. Park Holme covers 115 hectares, or 1km squared. 
The 2011, the population for Park Holme was 2,599, with a population density of 22.62 persons per hectare. 
Two bus routes service the suburb directly: the M44 runs from Golden Grove in the north-eastern suburbs through the city centre, through Ascot Park and its adjoining suburbs to Marion Shopping Centre and the 248 turns off Marion Road at Plympton Park and travels along Hendrie Street until Oaklands Road, stopping outside the Marion Swimming Centre.
A large reserve on the corner of Duncan Avenue and Hendrie Street contains a playground, and half-court basketball ring. The grounds of South Park Holme Tennis club on the corner of Ragless Avenue and Sanderson Avenue contains a public playground. Mulcra Avenue Reserve contains a playground refurbished in 2012 and a full size basketball court and tennis court on asphalt.
Ascot Park Primary School, on Marion Road, is located in the suburb of Park Holme, despite being named for a neighbouring suburb, on the corner of Marion Road and Pildappa Avenue. The site is also home to Warradale Community Child Care Centre, Kilparrin Teaching and Assessment School for students with sensory impairment (vising and/or hearing) and additional disabilities, and the South Australian School for the Vision Impaired. Ascot Park Kindergarten is also located in the suburb of Park Holme, on Marion Road.
Marion Library Service maintains a Park Holme branch on Duncan Street, Park Holme.
Marion Swimming Centre is situated on Hendrie Street bewteen Oaklands Road and Duncan Avenue. It is an outdoor swimming centre open from mid-spring to mid-autumn.
The suburb contains Springpark Baptist Church on Hendrie Street, Park Holme.
Park Holme Post Office opened on 23 June 1960.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Park Holme (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 July 2008.
- Profile ID for Park Home  retrieved 19-04-2014
- Profile ID for Park Home [ http://profile.id.com.au/marion/about?WebID=230] retrieved 19-04-201
- Ascot Park Primary School  Retrieved 19-04-2014
- Kilparrin School  Retrieved 19-04-2014
- South Australian School for Vision Impaired  Retrieved 19-04-2014
- Ascot Park Kindergarten Retrieved 19-04-2014
- ABC Adelaide, 'Mosque Mysteries Unveiled'  28 January 2012, Retrieved 19-04-2014
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.