Countries that have area on the Pacific Rim
The Pacific Rim are the lands around the rim of the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Basin includes the Pacific Rim and the islands in the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Rim roughly overlaps with the geologic Pacific Ring of Fire.
List of countries on the Pacific Rim
This is a list of countries that are generally considered to be a part of the Pacific Rim, since they lie along the Pacific Ocean.
The Pacific is a hotbed of overseas shipping. The Rim nations are home to 29 of the world's 50 busiest container shipping ports:
Organizations on the Pacific Rim
Various intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations focus on the Pacific Rim, including APEC, the East-West Center, Sustainable Pacific Rim Cities and the Institute of Asian Research. In addition, the RIMPAC naval exercises are coordinated by United States Pacific Command.
- Clausen, A. W. The Pacific Asian Countries: A Force For Growth in the Global Economy. Los Angeles: World Affairs Council, 1984. ED 244 852.
- Cleveland, Harlan. The Future of the Pacific Basin: A Keynote Address. New Zealand: Conference on New Zealand's Prospects in the Pacific Region, 1983.
- Gibney, Frank B., Ed. Whole Pacific Catalog. Los Angeles, CA: 1981.
- "The Pacific Basin Alliances, Trade and Bases." GREAT DECISIONS 1987. New York: Foreign Policy Association, 1987. ED 283 743.
- Rogers, Theodore S., and Robert L. Snakenber. "Language Studies in the Schools: A Pacific Prospect." EDUCATIONAL PERSPECTIVES 21 (1982): 12-15.
- Wedemeyer, Dan J., and Anthony J. Pennings, Eds. Telecommunications--Asia, Americas, Pacific: PTC 86. "Evolution of the Digital Pacific." Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Pacific Telecommunications Council: Honolulu, Hawaii, 1986. ED 272 147.
- West, Philip, and Thomas Jackson. The Pacific Rim and the Bottom Line. Bloomington, Indiana, 1987.
- Phillips, Douglas A. and Steven C. Levi. The Pacific Rim Region: Emerging Giant. Hillside, NJ: Enslow Publishers, 1988. ISBN 0-89490-191-5
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:41:15 -0700
Thankfully, the day of obligatory overpriced movie tie-in video games came to a halt in recent years. Now we get cheaper, downloadable titles and mobile apps instead. Still, most of them aren't very good. Even 2013′s Guillermo del Toro film Pacific ...
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:35:46 -0700
After debuting the first scenes from “Crimson Peak” at the Legendary Comic-Con panel in Hall H on Saturday, Del Toro sat down with Hero Complex to discuss his San Diego experience, the status of the “Pacific Rim” sequel and his passion for subverting ...
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:51:07 -0700
Legendary Pictures, the production company behind Guillermo del Toro's giant robot versus giant monsters action movie Pacific Rim, has used the Oculus Rift to create Pacific Rim: Jaeger Pilot, a virtual reality experience that puts you inside one of ...
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:56:15 -0700
You want more of the kaiju world? You got it. Guillermo del Toro promises we'll see more of that in Pacific Rim 2, though not necessarily in the way you think. Also after the jump: Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist is getting a sequel; Ted 2 has started ...
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:22:30 -0700
Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day today is 55% off the Pacific Rim Collector's Edition, which includes the movie on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, UltraViolet and comes packaged in a collectible Jaeger packaging. The special features include Audio ...
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:03:56 -0700
Guillermo Del Toro Reveals Details About Pacific Rim 2 - Comic Con 2014 12:58. July 26, 2014. ADVERTISEMENT. MUST WATCH. Need more awesome? Subscribe → · COD: Advanced Warfare & PS4 Update Details - IGN Daily Fix. Call of Duty: Advanced ...
Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:51:30 -0700
It looks like “Pacific Rim 2″ may explore the concepts of the Drift (a process pilots undergo before synchronizing with the Jaeger) and the portal more in depth than the first pic. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, director Guillermo del ...
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:45:00 -0700
Pacific Rim is every little kid's dream. Hop into giant robots and beat the crap out of giant monsters, Kaiju in this case. Guillermo del Toro's sci-fi epic movie will spawn a sequel, as announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2014, and of course, more video ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Pacific Rim with people all over the world in our discussions.