Cover of the first Japanese volume, featuring Mafuyu Kurosaki
|Genre||Action, Romantic comedy|
|Written by||Izumi Tsubaki|
|Magazine||Hana to Yume|
|English magazine||Shojo Beat|
|Original run||July 2007 – ongoing|
Oresama Teacher (Japanese: 俺様ティーチャー Hepburn: Ore-sama Tīchā?) is a Japanese manga serialized in shōjo manga magazine Hana to Yume since 2007, written and illustrated by Izumi Tsubaki. As of the end of 2014, 17 bound volumes have been released under the "Hana to Yume Comics" label. The manga is published in English by Viz Media and Madman Entertainment, and in French by Delcourt.
Mafuyu Kurosaki is a high school student who was a gang leader in Saitama Prefecture. However, after being caught by the police, Mafuyu is transferred to Midorigaoka Academy under the threat that she would be disowned if she ever gets into another fight. Determined to live a normal high school girly-girl life, she runs into Takaomi Saeki, her homeroom teacher who turns out to be her former childhood friend neighbor, a former delinquent and the reason why she became one herself. She soon discovers that Midorigaoka Academy is full of delinquents, good-for-nothings, and troublesome students. Under Saeki's orders, she becomes a member of the school's Public Morals Club, whose goal is to clean up delinquency and to eventually improve enrollment figures.
- Mafuyu Kurosaki (黒崎 真冬 Kurosaki Mafuyu?)
- Mafuyu is a high school girl who was a renowned bancho in Saitama Prefecture. After she is arrested by the police, her mother transfers her to Midorigaoka Academy where she would get to live on her own as a normal high school student on the condition that she would be disowned if she begins fighting again. She aspires to be a fashionable girl, however, she discovers that Midorigaoka is full of delinquents, and that her childhood friend, who got her into fighting and gangs, is now her homeroom teacher. In order to avoid getting caught fighting, she dons a rabbit mask, calling herself "Super Bun" (ウサちゃんマン Usa-chan Man?), and sometimes cross-dresses as a male delinquent "Natsuo" (夏男?), where she wears a wig, a boys uniform from her old school, and platform boots. She keeps these identities hidden from everyone except for Saeki, although Hayasaka and Okegawa cannot help but notice an intense battle aura around her as well as her battle instincts. Under the handle "Snow", Kurosaki corresponds regularly with a pen pal named "Strawberry Love" using a carrier pigeon which she saved from drowning.
- Takaomi Saeki (佐伯 鷹臣 Saeki Takaomi?)
- The title character of the story, Saeki is Mafuyu's homeroom teacher. He is regarded by his students as scary. Prior to the series, he was named Takaomi Gojou, a strong and notorious high school delinquent who lived next door to Mafuyu. He is the cause of Mafuyu's delinquent character, having taught her how to fight and defend, all to his amusement. He makes a wager with the chairman of the school that he can double the school's enrollment in three years, but if he loses, he will not be paid for five years. He forms the Public Morals Club with Kurosaki and Hayasaka as founding members.
- Hayasaka (早坂 Hayasaka?)
- Hayasaka is a lone wolf delinquent that Mafuyu befriends. He likes to take enemy attacks head on, stating that he feels like he's running away when he dodges. He and Mafuyu are forced to be founding members of the Public Morals Club. He is also notably good at embroidery that he was recruited by the Crafts club. He kept his personal background a secret going as far as to not reveal his first name. It has been implied that he comes from a rich family but has trouble speaking with his parents, and avoids the topic about siblings. He has a deep respect for both Super Bun and Natsuo, unaware that both are the same person. Later, it is revealed that his full name is Kaori Hayasaka (早坂 香 Hayasaka Kaori?).
- Kyotaro Okegawa (桶川 恭太郎 Okegawa Kyōtarō?)
- He was the bancho of Midorigaoka Academy before being defeated by Natsuo but then regains the position shortly after. Mafuyu learns that he is romantic at heart, and adores cute things such as the characters in the fictional show Nekomata. He is the owner of the pigeon that Mafuyu saved a year ago and is Mafuyu's pen pal "Strawberry Love", although neither of them are aware of the connection. Aside from a selected few, he is the only one who knows about Mafuyu disguising as Natsuo. He calls Mafuyu Morse (モールス?). Due to a mishap caused by his subordinate and Public Morals Club members, Okegawa fails his final exam and now has to repeat his third year over, while still remaining as the school's bancho. Later, he joins the 'Public Morals Club' as the fifth member. Yui calls him "Kyon-kyon" (きょんきょん Kyon kyon?).
- Shinobu Yui (由井 忍 Yui Shinobu?)
- Yui is a self-proclaimed ninja who is completely loyal to Student Council President and was once a member of the Student Council himself. He joins the Public Morals Club in an attempt to take them down to help out the student council president. After a failed attempt in eradicating the Public Morals Club, Yui comes up with the idea of infiltrating the Public Morals Club and taking them down from the inside, thus joining Mafuyu and Hayasaka. Despite his appearances and stoic expression, he proves to be just as much of a goof and idiot as the other two with his love for ninjas. He eventually betrayed the Public Morals Club, but then feels guilty as he realizes Mafuyu and Hayasaka's genuine attitude towards him. He knows about Mafuyu's two other identities and her delinquent past. Yui apparently also knows about Hayasaka's first name.
- Aki Shibuya (渋谷 亜希 Shibuya Aki?)
- Aki Shibuya, who goes by the nickname Akkī (アッキー Akkī?), is a student who is originally from Higashi Middle School and had come to Midorigaoka Academy to seek Mafuyu. He knows that Mafuyu was Higashi High's bancho and sought her out hoping to become her subordinate. His philosophy was that if there was a strong person that he could stick to, it would solve all problems. Shibuya is shown to be a very popular with women because he innocently compliments them and makes them feel special. This often cause complications because the girls would subsequently break up with their boyfriends causing them to become angry. He can recognize people's heights and measurements even in picture, leading him to know that Mafuyu is Natsuo and Super Bun after noting their similarities. Shibuya is also known to be skilled in applying makeup.
Miyabi Hanabusa (華房 雅 Hanabusa Miyabi?)
- He is the Student Council president and the son of the School Chairman. He is aware of the true history of Midorigaoka and the bet that Saeki proposes. Despite his feminine looks, he can be quite cunning and is capable of 'enslaving' people with only a stare. Often seen smiling, it is hard to tell what goes on in his mind. It is unknown whether he truly cares for Student Council members as he has them try to destroy the Public Morals Club one at a time rather than simultaneously or working together as a group which make it seems like he's counting on the Club to help the Student Council members overcome their personal issues. Takaomi analogize him to Peter Pan because of his appearance and personality.
Shuntarō Kōsaka (高坂 俊太郎 Kōsaka Shuntarō?)
- He is serious to a fault, his plans are described as 'only good on paper' and will panic when presented with an unanticipated problem within his plans. He was the one responsible for the plan to ruin the school festival by leading a gang war within the school. He eventually loosens up after the president tells him to hit Mafuyu in the face with a cream pie causing him to snap and finally succeed simply by charging her while throwing pies with no plan. In the end of the incidence, he learned to not expect things to always go according to plan.
Wakana Hōjō (北条 若菜 Hōjō Wakana?)
- A member of the Student Council who, along with Yui, seems to be the closest to the President and has been with them for a long time. Initially she guarded Miyabi on a request from her father who is an underling to Miyabi's mother, but now does it because she wants to. Hōjō is often seen carrying a bamboo sword. She is a tough fighter, serious and strong-willed. She is, at first, unwilling to believe that Yui had betrayed the President and views him as a traitor because of it. It's hinted that she harbors a crush on Yui. As the appointed clubs supervisor, she stamps the Public Morals Club's papers out of obligation towards Super Bun for drawing attacks away from her during the final day of club inspections and also because she saw the fully completed sheet regarding the club's activities, members, and achievements which eliminated any grounds for her to reject the club.
Reito Ayabe (綾部 麗人 Ayabe Reito?)
- He is the only unwilling member of the Student Council. Mysteriously becomes stronger in the old school building and manages to completely overwhelm Mafuyu after calling her out with a challenge letter. It turns out is that he has a strong disliking towards anything dirty. Because of this anger towards uncleanliness, he is able to become physically stronger while cleaning. That is also why he carries a broom, which he named Fujishima-san, in a guitar case around. He can sense through his broom that Natsuo is Mafuyu and that Mafuya is 'strong' from fighting her as herself. He is the oldest of two sisters and three brothers and is used to taking care of the house due to their constantly working parents. Due to issues with his siblings, he left home to stay in school dormitory, and never contacted them until Mafuyu intervened. She is the only person other than Miyabi who knows about his "cleaning attacks". When Miyabi saw the attacks, he used the information to blackmail him into joining the Student Council while Mafuyu is willing to stay quiet but has him make bentos for the Public Morals Club since he insists on paying some form of "hush money" to ensure she stays silent. Ayabe is also a Dorm Manager, a position he would have rejected prior to meeting Mafuyu. Mafuyu calls him Ayaben (あやべん Ayaben?).
Kanon Nonoguchi (野々口 歌音 Nonoguchi Kanon?)
- She used to be girly when she was in elementary school and believed that one day a prince will come to get her. This was all due to her treasured picture book which she kept with her all the time of which she was also mercilessly teased by the boys in class, especially by the leader of the boys Kento who apparently had feelings for her. As things progressed his teasing got worse which got him finally beaten by her. The boys watching this thought he was getting bullied and tried to help Kento, eventually tearing her favorite book in front of her. This makes her snap and she proceeds to brutally beat the boys culminating with her tearing up the book her self, saying that boys are weak. Since then she snaps at the mere mention of princes and harbors a severely low opinion of males in general. The only exception was the Student Council President for some reason which is why she willing serves him on the Student Council. The incidence with Kiyama High leads her to restore her belief in prince and meet Natsuo, a boy whom she thought as her ideal prince.
Runa Momochi (百地 瑠奈 Momochi Runa?)
- She was a childhood friend of Hayasaka. Momochi has a tough life after her father leaves the family and thus turning her mother abusive.
Komari Yukioka (雪岡 小鞠 Yukioka Komari?)
- She is the smallest out of the Student Councils and is often fed sweets by the President. Her cutesy charm infatuates anyone to the point of enslaving them. This occasionally causes trouble for her as she gets swarmed by fans or is given more candy than she can carry. Although she can talk she somehow compels people into doing things for her while remaining mute. She recently has taken an interest in Shibuya because he is the only guy who doesn't get infatuated by her charm and saw through her plan to get him to be a mole for the Student Council. Once she speaks, it is revealed that she is a pervert who wants to touch Miyabi's butt and likes to comment on other male students' bodies. Currently, only Shibuya and Miyabi know of her quiet facade however, she is beginning to regain normal speech functions.
Tomohiro Kawauchi (河内 智広 Kawauchi Tomohiro?)
- A loyal follower of Okegawa and considered the number 2 within his gang. He triggered the fight between Midorigaoka and Kiyama High during the cultural festival in order to challenge Okegawa. He felt disappointed in Okegawa, stating that he "misses" the glory of Midorigaoka's Okegawa bancho. After that incident, Kawauchi made up with Okegawa. In later chapter, Okegawa became his classmate because the latter had to repeat one year.
Daikichi Gotō (後藤 大吉 Gotō Daikichi?)
- The number 3 within Okegawa's gang. Have a great admiration towards Okegawa. Born as an extremely lucky person, he is the President of Reward-winning Research Club. Often seen with his classmate Kawauchi. He somehow could not read the situation happened around him.
Kōhei Kangawa (寒川 航平 Kangawa Kōhei?)
- When Mafuyu was the bancho, he served as number 2 in the gang. After she left, he became bancho. It is revealed that in the past, he had come to challenge Mafuyu and was defeated, subsequently deciding to join Higashi High after his defeat (He is a year below Mafuyu). He is an out-going, openly affectionate person. Although he is often seen messing around and in a good mood, he is considerate of Mafuyu's circumstances and tried to prevent her from getting involved in the 'war' between Higashi High and Nishi High. Eventually, he and the rest of the gang reassured her that they all still consider her their comrade and to come visit them again. He is deeply hurt when he finds out that Mafuyu spends her first day of summer break with Sakurada and ignores her the days after. It is revealed that he was simply hurt because he had wanted to be the first person Mafuyu went to when she came back.
Yūto Maizono (舞苑 誘人 Maizono Yūto?)
- He was number 3 within Mafuyu's old gang, now number 2. He is a year above Mafuyu and is the only upperclassman within the gang whom she calls with honorifics. A self-proclaimed M (masochist), he often tries to get Mafuyu to take her anger out on him (or others, for that matter). He meets Hayasaka and Okegawa one day while trying to visit Mafuyu and deliver some cookies made by Yamashita. He, like the rest of Mafuyu's old gang, deeply respects and admires Mafuyu despite her no longer being the bancho and has told Hayasaka that it had been difficult for him to adjust to life without her.
Kotobuki Ōkubo (大久保 寿 Ōkubo Kotobuki?)
- A kind boy with extremely bad luck and is Maizono's classmate. He has a good relationship with Kangawa Minato, Kouhei's younger sister. He once went camping with Maizono and Yamashita and got caught in a rainstorm, leading him to meet the boys in Midorigaoka's student dorm. In recent chapters, It seems that he has gain better luck.
Takumi Yamashita (山下 匠 Yamashita Takumi?)
- A cooking genius. He is one of the loyal followers of Mafuyu's past gang and also Maizono and Ōkubo's classmate. Once made character-cookies supposedly be delivered by Maizono to Mafuyu but ended up received by Hayasaka and Okegawa.
Asahi Sakurada (桜田 旭 Sakurada Asahi?)
- The bancho of Nishi High, a rival school to Mafuyu's old school (Higashi High). He is known to be very clumsy despite being bancho (Mafuyu's only memory of him were his heart pattern boxers the day he challenged her and fell). He tricked her by cross-dressing and pretending to be attacked before kidnapping her. This plan, however, fails in the end. Despite being a klutz, his gang members understand him well and love him despite this, often surrounding him in fights and protecting him from attacks. He has, however, shown that when pushed to the edge he will show great leadership skills and bravery.
Masayoshi Ōmiya (大宮 正義 Ōmiya Masayoshi?)
- One of Sakurada's subordinate. He cross-dress along with Sakurada when they infiltrate Kita High.
Minato Kangawa (寒川 港 Kangawa Minato?)
- She is Kōhei's younger sister by one year who harbors a crush towards Ōkubo. At first, Minato didn't know that her brother is a banchō in his school but then comes to realization after meeting her brother's yankee friends in local festival.
Ryūnosuke Himeji (姫路 龍之介 Himeji Ryūnosuke?)
- He is President of Minami High Student Council who is also Maizono's close friend since elementary school. He speaks of what appears to be the opposite of his true intention but able to express bunch of his true feelings in the form of exaggerated text. So far, only Maizono understands those treats and has been perfectly fine getting along with him.
Aoi (葵 Aoi?)
- He is bancho of Kita High although Kita High doesn't seem to get involved in a lot of fights. He has a crush on cross-dressing Sakurada. Feeling jealous, he snaps at Mafuyu after coincidentally spotting Mafuyu and cross-dressing Sakurada in a local festival together (eventhough he realize that Mafuyu is female). Originally appeared in Hokusei-hen (北西編?), another 4-koma segment in the manga but then promoted to the main story in recent chapters.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||January 18, 2008||ISBN 9784592185314||March 1, 2011||ISBN 978-1421538631|
|2||May 19, 2008||ISBN 9784592185321||May 3, 2011||ISBN 978-1421538648|
|Saeki assigns Mafuyu and Hayasaka to the Public Morals Club. He reveals he has wagered five years’ salary in order to double the enrollment at the school in three years. The club’s first activity is to depose the bancho of the school, Kyotaro Okegawa. During the confrontation, Mafuyu realizes Hayasaka is no match for Okegawa so she postpones the fight, and then dresses up as a guy delinquent “Natsuo” to face him. She writes to her pen pal. When Okegawa gets suspended, Mafuyu takes him out to a movie where she discovers he has a sensitive side such as liking a nekomata character. When Hayasaka publicizes his search for Super Bun, Mafuyu considers telling him his identity, but Saeki discourages that as Hayasaka is the type of guy who cannot keep secrets. When Hayasaka discovers a Super Bun mask in her bag, Mafuyu scrambles to cover up the situation.|
|3||September 19, 2008||ISBN 9784592185338||July 5, 2011||ISBN 978-1421538655|
|4||February 19, 2009||ISBN 9784592185345||September 6, 2011||ISBN 978-1421538662|
|5||June 19, 2009||ISBN 9784592185352||November 1, 2011||ISBN 978-1421538679|
|6||October 19, 2009||ISBN 9784592185369||January 3, 2012||ISBN 978-1421538686|
|7||March 19, 2010||ISBN 9784592185376||March 6, 2012||ISBN 978-1421540535|
|8||July 16, 2010||ISBN 9784592185383||May 1, 2012||ISBN 978-1421540962|
|9||November 19, 2010||ISBN 9784592185390||July 3, 2012||ISBN 978-1421541334|
|10||March 18, 2011||ISBN 9784592185406||September 4, 2012||ISBN 978-1421541341|
|11||July 20, 2011||ISBN 9784592192664||November 6, 2012||ISBN 978-1421542324|
|12||November 18, 2011||ISBN 9784592192671||January 1, 2013||ISBN 978-1421543352|
|13||April 20, 2012||ISBN 9784592192688||March 5, 2013||ISBN 978-1421550817|
|14||August 20, 2012||ISBN 9784592192695||July 2, 2013||ISBN 978-1421553771|
|15||December 20, 2012||ISBN 9784592192701||November 5, 2013||ISBN 978-1421559056|
|16||May 20, 2013||ISBN 9784592194866||March 4, 2014||ISBN 978-1421564326|
|17||October 18, 2013||ISBN 9784592194873||October 7, 2014||ISBN 978-1421572437|
|18||April 18, 2014||ISBN 9784592194880||March 3, 2015||ISBN 978-1421577739|
|19||October 20, 2014||ISBN 9784592194897||–||ISBN –|
The first limited Drama CD was released on February 2009 bundled with third and fourth issues of Hana to Yume.
- Mafuyu Kurosaki: Eri Kitamura
- Takaomi Saeki: Ken Narita
- Hayasaka: Takahiro Mizushima
- Kyōtarō Okegawa: Kenta Miyake
- Yūto Maizono: Daisuke Ono
A furoku mini Drama CD, which was released in 2012 along with the 19th issue of Hana to Yume, featured the same cast as the first drama cd and some new casts were added:
Second limited Drama CD was released on February 2013, featuring more additional cast:
- Oresama Teacher manga, volume 1
- Oresama Teacher manga, volume 2