Ito Ōgure (大暮 維人 Ōgure Ito, born 22 February 1972 in Hyuga, Miyazaki, Japan), known professionally as Oh! great, is a Japanese manga artist most recognized for the manga series Tenjho Tenge and Air Gear. In 2006, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen for Air Gear. Oh! great also created the pornographic series Silky Whip. Apart from working with manga, he designed some of the alternate character outfits in the PlayStation 2 version of Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken 5, and a guest character in Soul Calibur IV named Ashlotte.
His pseudonym "Oh! great" is a play on words. His pen name, written in Japanese order (family name before given name), is "Ōgure Ito", which is pronounced similarly to and can be romanized the same as the Japanese rendering of the English words "Oh great", ōgurēto [oːɡuɽeːto]. Furthermore, "Oh" can mean "king" in Japanese, making it possible to read the name as "the great king".
Characteristics of Oh! great's style include violent plots, the use of English words amidst kanji and highly sexualized female characters that provide large amounts of fan service. Oh! Great also often includes the themes of Flashbacks and back-Story in all of his stories as it has become a big part of his manga.
- Biorg Trinity (illustrations only, text: Ōtarō Maijō)
- Tenjho Tenge
- In one unusual Tokyo high school, education takes a backseat to brawling as warring clubs wreak havoc in the hallways and chaos in the classrooms, all vying to be the baddest team around! Although they often contribute their fair share, only a handful of students serve to stem the tide of violence in this untamed outpost. These are the few, the proud, the powerful: the members of the Juken Club!
- Air Gear
- Itsuki Minami needs no introduction – everybody’s heard of the “Babyface” of the Eastside. He’s the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus, Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters. Life is never dull, but it becomes dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. But in his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki’s aid. They can teach him a powerful skill that will save their school from the gangsters’ siege–and introduce Itsuki to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Silky Whip
- Silky Whip is a collection of different Hentai short stories, it has a sequel called Silky Whip Extreme. The first Oh! great creation released outside Japan, published by Eros Comix.
- Character designer. Himejima Himiko doesn't know who her parents are. In fact, she can't remember much about her past at all. She, in fact, is a sacred child from a parallel fantasy realm. At the event of her birth, during a sacred flame ritual, an evil general with sadistic intentions invades the palace, causing the six guardians of the flame to be dispersed, and nearly killing Himiko. Several years later, Himiko and her adoptive brother return to Himiko's homeland, to find it torn apart by war; it's up to Himiko to reunite the six guardians and return order to the realm.
- Majin Devil
- Majin Devil is the connection of two stories. It begins with a young gang member who is transformed into a monster by the Majin Devil. The second is the story of how one boy genius uses his intellect to defeat the Majin Devil with the help of some allies he meets along the way.
- Naked Star
- A collection of short Hentai stories set in various dystopian futures.
- Burn-Up W and Burn-Up Excess
- Tekken 5
- Tekken 6
- Designed Lili's third costume (bride outfit).
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- Designed the bonus character Ashlotte.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oh! great.
Yorkshire Evening Post
Yorkshire Evening Post
Wed, 06 May 2015 23:00:00 -0700
Grant Woodward: Oh great, yet another royal freeloader for us to bankroll. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leave hospital with their daughter Charlotte. 07:00 Thursday 07 May 2015. 1. Have your say. I'VE been good. I've sat dutifully on the sofa ...
Sun, 24 May 2015 02:33:45 -0700
This week, I attended a wonderful business presentation about communication. As a woman with a college degree in communication, I was happy to see the importance granted to a topic that is often overlooked or trivialized, though we can't get through ...
Sun, 24 May 2015 05:56:15 -0700
When Microsoft announced the decision to release an Xbox One without the peripheral, employees of Harmonix, the studio behind the game, tweeted things like, “Oh, great. Super great.” They seemed to have been caught by surprise as much as consumers.
Thu, 21 May 2015 19:03:45 -0700
When R.A. Dickey gave up the home run to someone named Marc Krauss, in the first inning, I thought "oh great, here we go again". In that first inning it looked like his knuckleball was just hanging out there waiting to be hit. But, from the second ...
Sun, 24 May 2015 01:03:45 -0700
“Oh great,” said Maverick. “Want happened to the new Islamabad airport? It's taken longer than the metro bus in the twin cities? That's a criminal waste of money too when it could have been done much simpler and cheaper. The amount spent could have ...
Fri, 22 May 2015 11:22:30 -0700
“Plus, after 20 years, who really wants to go on YouTube and be like, 'Oh great, that guy again?' The videos are great, and I really think everyone will like the next one for 'Give It All' because there are two 16-year-old dancers in it and they're ...
Fri, 22 May 2015 03:30:00 -0700
"And it's like, 'Oh great, it's really easy to type that, thanks pal! Because now I have to figure out what that is!' So the notion of the city of the future was there, but like any big canvas story idea, a lot of development went into what we saw and ...
Fri, 22 May 2015 11:00:00 -0700
Welcome to The HockeyBuzzCast Chatroom Beta. Be clean or be gone! The Show is at 1pm Today. Ek and Company show up in Chat btw 5 and 15 minutes prior. You are an important part of the show and we will look to you for help...oh great, all-knowing ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.