Ito Ōgure (大暮 維人 Ōgure Ito, born 22 February 1972 in Hyuga, Miyazaki, Japan), known professionally as Oh! great, is a Japanese manga artist most recognized for the manga series Tenjho Tenge and Air Gear. In 2006, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen for Air Gear. Oh! great also created the pornographic series Silky Whip. Apart from working with manga, he designed some of the alternate character outfits in the PlayStation 2 version of Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken 5, and a guest character in Soul Calibur IV named Ashlotte.
His pseudonym "Oh! great" is a play on words. His pen name, written in Japanese order (family name before given name), is "Ōgure Ito", which is pronounced similarly to and can be romanized the same as the Japanese rendering of the English words "Oh great", ōgurēto [oːɡuɽeːto]. Furthermore, "Oh" can mean "king" in Japanese, making it possible to read the name as "the great king".
Characteristics of Oh! great's style include violent plots, the use of English words amidst kanji and highly sexualized female characters that provide large amounts of fan service. Oh! Great also often includes the themes of Flashbacks and back-Story in all of his stories as it has become a big part of his manga.
- Biorg Trinity (illustrations only, text: Ōtarō Maijō)
- Tenjho Tenge
- In one unusual Tokyo high school, education takes a backseat to brawling as warring clubs wreak havoc in the hallways and chaos in the classrooms, all vying to be the baddest team around! Although they often contribute their fair share, only a handful of students serve to stem the tide of violence in this untamed outpost. These are the few, the proud, the powerful: the members of the Juken Club!
- Air Gear
- Itsuki Minami needs no introduction – everybody’s heard of the “Babyface” of the Eastside. He’s the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus, Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters. Life is never dull, but it becomes dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. But in his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki’s aid. They can teach him a powerful skill that will save their school from the gangsters’ siege–and introduce Itsuki to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Silky Whip
- Silky Whip is a collection of different Hentai short stories, it has a sequel called Silky Whip Extreme. The first Oh! great creation released outside Japan, published by Eros Comix.
- Character designer. Himejima Himiko doesn't know who her parents are. In fact, she can't remember much about her past at all. She, in fact, is a sacred child from a parallel fantasy realm. At the event of her birth, during a sacred flame ritual, an evil general with sadistic intentions invades the palace, causing the six guardians of the flame to be dispersed, and nearly killing Himiko. Several years later, Himiko and her adoptive brother return to Himiko's homeland, to find it torn apart by war; it's up to Himiko to reunite the six guardians and return order to the realm.
- Majin Devil
- Majin Devil is the connection of two stories. It begins with a young gang member who is transformed into a monster by the Majin Devil. The second is the story of how one boy genius uses his intellect to defeat the Majin Devil with the help of some allies he meets along the way.
- Naked Star
- A collection of short Hentai stories set in various dystopian futures.
- Burn-Up W and Burn-Up Excess
- Tekken 5
- Tekken 6
- Designed Lili's third costume (bride outfit).
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- Designed the bonus character Ashlotte.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oh! great.
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:03:45 -0700
Twitter has taken yet another page from Facebook's notebook. Starting today, the social media company will begin testing autoplay video ads, which sounds a lot like the feature Facebook introduced on its site in 2013. It's rolling out in limited tests ...
Wonkette (satire) (blog)
Wonkette (satire) (blog)
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:31:22 -0700
Will the assault on freedom never end? Unsatisfied with oppressing our children — of whom someone should please think — with vegetables and gardening and 10 seconds of exercise every other month, Michelle Obama is now launching an assault on girl ...
UK Progressive Magazine
Sat, 21 Mar 2015 22:03:45 -0700
Like most things you love in life, your cellphone might be contributing to your growing waistline—along with your tablet, videogame console, computer, and television. Electronic devices with chips contain flame retardants to cool those chips so they ...
Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:37:50 -0800
Besides curing countless deadly diseases and preventing future epidemics and the extinction of the human race, medical science hasn't done much for humankind but lie to us. Case in point: all these alleged hangover cures. Oh you can cure polio but not ...
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:11:31 -0700
Just when you had become numb to people buying gently worn panties, dressing up in furry costumes to make out, or those creeps storing dead bodies in walls, CBS has found a new way to scare the shit out of you. Welcome to the world of Crime Scene ...
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:28:02 -0700
Oh Great. Sports Illustrated Predicts Indians Will Win World Series. Bookmark and Share. RSS. Posted Tuesday, March 24th 2015 @ 11am. What could possibly go wrong?? Just ignore this video (cover photo) and skip down. This week's cover (3/4): MLB ...
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:03:45 -0700
"I just thought it was so beautiful, you know? I was in Greece and I was overlooking the ocean. Everything about the environment around me was set up in a way that would make me want to put down the script. It was the perfect setup to go, 'Oh, great. A ...
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 09:07:20 -0700
"Make sure you get some wine to take to the Gladstones' party,” Sue told me as I went out the door to run a few errands. Oh, great. Dump all the wine decisions on me. It's a lose-lose situation. First, how much to spend? The Gladstones will spend a lot ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.