Oh! great Ito Ōgure (大暮 維人 Ōgure Ito, born 22 February 1972 in Hyuga, Miyazaki, Japan), is a Japanese manga artist most recognized for the manga series Tenjho Tenge and Air Gear. In 2006, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen for Air Gear. Oh! great also created the pornographic series Silky Whip. Apart from working with manga, he designed some of the alternate character outfits in the PlayStation 2 version of Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken 5, and a guest character in Soul Calibur IV named Ashlotte.
His pseudonym "Oh! great" is a play on words. His pen name, written in Japanese order (family name before given name), is "Ōgure Ito", which is pronounced similarly to and can be romanized the same as the Japanese rendering of the English words "Oh great", ōgurēto [oːɡuɽeːto]. Furthermore, "Oh" can mean "king" in Japanese, making it possible to read the name as "the great king".
Characteristics of Oh! great's style include violent plots, the use of English words amidst kanji and highly sexualized female characters that provide large amounts of fan service. Oh! Great also often includes the themes of Flashbacks and Back-Story in all of his stories as it has become a big part of his manga's.
- Biorg Trinity
- Tenjho Tenge
- In one unusual Tokyo high school, education takes a backseat to brawling as warring clubs wreak havoc in the hallways and chaos in the classrooms, all vying to be the baddest team around! Although they often contribute their fair share, only a handful of students serve to stem the tide of violence in this untamed outpost. These are the few, the proud, the powerful: the members of the Juken Club!
- Air Gear
- Itsuki Minami needs no introduction – everybody’s heard of the “Babyface” of the Eastside. He’s the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus, Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters. Life is never dull, but it becomes dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. But in his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki’s aid. They can teach him a powerful skill that will save their school from the gangsters’ siege–and introduce Itsuki to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Silky Whip
- Silky Whip is a collection of different Hentai short stories, it has a sequel called Silky Whip Extreme. The first Oh! great creation released outside Japan, published by Eros Comix.
- Character designer. Himejima Himiko doesn't know who her parents are. In fact, she can't remember much about her past at all. She, in fact, is a sacred child from a parallel fantasy realm. At the event of her birth, during a sacred flame ritual, an evil general with sadistic intentions invades the palace, causing the six guardians of the flame to be dispersed, and nearly killing Himiko. Several years later, Himiko and her adoptive brother return to Himiko's homeland, to find it torn apart by war; it's up to Himiko to reunite the six guardians and return order to the realm.
- Majin Devil
- Majin Devil is the connection of two stories. It begins with a young gang member who is transformed into a monster by the Majin Devil. The second is the story of how one boy genius uses his intellect to defeat the Majin Devil with the help of some allies he meets along the way.
- Naked Star
- A collection of short Hentai stories set in various dystopian futures.
- Burn-Up W and Burn-Up Excess
- Tekken 5
- Designed Asuka Kazama's third costume (female yakuza/yakuza wife).
- Tekken 6
- Designed Lili's third costume (bride outfit).
- Soul Calibur IV
- Designed the bonus character Ashlotte.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oh! great.
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:03:45 -0700
Facebook made like it's 1994 when it introduced stickers (read: emoticons) in Messenger chats, and now it's making like 1995 by expanding their role on the site. Facebook users can now add stickers to comments, which is bad news for any who'd rather ...
Sun, 05 Oct 2014 15:41:28 -0700
When a team is as inconsistent as the Bears, it leads to more questions than answers. Starting with: Why have the Bears been so good on the road and so awful at home? Well, the Bears turned that logic on its ear Sunday, blowing a 21-7 lead and losing ...
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:33:45 -0700
That is what one emergency services call operator in the US found out after a woman was insistent on getting her half pepperoni, half mushroom and peppers pizza, as soon as possible. The emergency services worker, who posted the transcript on Reddit, ...
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 03:52:30 -0700
That is what one 911 call operator found out after a woman was insistent on getting her half pepperoni, half mushroom and peppers pizza, as soon as possible. The emergency services worker, who posted the transcript on Reddit, said the call 'started out ...
Indie Wire (blog)
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:56:15 -0700
Yes I know what you're thinking: “Oh great yet another web series about aimless 20-somethings. What else is new?” However, Chicago based creator/filmmaker Sanicole Young would take issue with that reaction, since her new web series, “The City Hates Us ...
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:53:46 -0700
Then it was, “Oh great, I've got footage. Now Netflix wants the footage, and they're going to let me add these other elements to it." It was this piece-by-piece thing, but it all came from the idea of really wanting to have some control over this ...
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:18:12 -0700
Cowards. And you say things that you wouldn't say to people's faces. I think you don't learn from those comments. Like I have never read anything that I thought oh, great point I'll take that to heart. You know what I mean. Not really ever a lesson ...
Streaking The Lawn (blog)
Streaking The Lawn (blog)
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:00:00 -0700
The .gif preview makes it's triumphant return after taking last week off. There was no .gif preview and the Hoos lost. Is that a coincidence? I don't know, but you can probably blame @TheUVaFool for all of it. This week the Hoos return to the friendly ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter