Oh! great Ito Ōgure (大暮 維人 Ōgure Ito, born 22 February 1972 in Hyuga, Miyazaki, Japan), is a Japanese manga artist most recognized for the manga series Tenjho Tenge and Air Gear. In 2006, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen for Air Gear. Oh! great also created the pornographic series Silky Whip. Apart from working with manga, he designed some of the alternate character outfits in the PlayStation 2 version of Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken 5, and a guest character in Soul Calibur IV named Ashlotte.
His pseudonym "Oh! great" is a play on words. His pen name, written in Japanese order (family name before given name), is "Ōgure Ito", which is pronounced similarly to and can be romanized the same as the Japanese rendering of the English words "Oh great", ōgurēto [oːɡuɽeːto]. Furthermore, "Oh" can mean "king" in Japanese, making it possible to read the name as "the great king".
Characteristics of Oh! great's style include violent plots, the use of English words amidst kanji and highly sexualized female characters that provide large amounts of fan service. Oh! Great also often includes the themes of Flashbacks and Back-Story in all of his stories as it has become a big part of his manga's.
- Biorg Trinity
- Tenjho Tenge
- In one unusual Tokyo high school, education takes a backseat to brawling as warring clubs wreak havoc in the hallways and chaos in the classrooms, all vying to be the baddest team around! Although they often contribute their fair share, only a handful of students serve to stem the tide of violence in this untamed outpost. These are the few, the proud, the powerful: the members of the Juken Club!
- Air Gear
- Itsuki Minami needs no introduction – everybody’s heard of the “Babyface” of the Eastside. He’s the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus, Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters. Life is never dull, but it becomes dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. But in his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki’s aid. They can teach him a powerful skill that will save their school from the gangsters’ siege–and introduce Itsuki to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Silky Whip
- Silky Whip is a collection of different Hentai short stories, it has a sequel called Silky Whip Extreme. The first Oh! great creation released outside Japan, published by Eros Comix.
- Character designer. Himejima Himiko doesn't know who her parents are. In fact, she can't remember much about her past at all. She, in fact, is a sacred child from a parallel fantasy realm. At the event of her birth, during a sacred flame ritual, an evil general with sadistic intentions invades the palace, causing the six guardians of the flame to be dispersed, and nearly killing Himiko. Several years later, Himiko and her adoptive brother return to Himiko's homeland, to find it torn apart by war; it's up to Himiko to reunite the six guardians and return order to the realm.
- Majin Devil
- Majin Devil is the connection of two stories. It begins with a young gang member who is transformed into a monster by the Majin Devil. The second is the story of how one boy genius uses his intellect to defeat the Majin Devil with the help of some allies he meets along the way.
- Naked Star
- A collection of short Hentai stories set in various dystopian futures.
- Burn-Up W and Burn-Up Excess
- Tekken 5
- Designed Asuka Kazama's third costume (female yakuza/yakuza wife).
- Tekken 6
- Designed Lili's third costume (bride outfit).
- Soul Calibur IV
- Designed the bonus character Ashlotte.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oh! great.
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:14:47 -0700
Hey, remember those creatures from Alien, the ones that jump up, wrap themselves around your face, and then do something horribly Freudian and transgressive? Harvard researchers are building a robot that does that. Invest in shotgun ammo now.
Thu, 04 Sep 2014 10:15:34 -0700
Oh great and gentle muse, inspire Beyoncé with the genius of poetry. What is it with celebrities and verse? We've had lines from Charlie Sheen and Pamela Anderson, but now they must bow before the singer's perfect stanzas (except Bey of Light was ...
Waiting For Next Year
Mon, 08 Sep 2014 06:32:26 -0700
While penned before Week 1 of the NFL's regular season, one of the previews over at FiveThirtyEight stated that the NFL North was “up for grabs.” While most AFC North previews completely discount anything that the Browns are doing (ESPN The Magazine ...
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:56:15 -0700
Yes, that's right! There is a "human Barbie" so extreme in her aesthetic views that she believes all women should perfect themselves though plastic surgery or otherwise. She calls herself Lolita Richi. She is 16 and from Ukraine. Like other human ...
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:59:08 -0700
The Rockies are back in action on Friday, starting a three-game set with the 55-78 Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix. The downtown ballpark has not been friendly to the Rockies in the past. Colorado entered this season 47-92 in the desert, though ...
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:03:45 -0700
And when we would reform as a trio again, it was, “Oh, great!” We'd always get back together when the time was right. Related: Not Fade Away: Genesis' 1983 Album Splits The Difference Between Prog And Pop. Did Phil's or Peter's solo success influence ...
New York Daily News (blog)
New York Daily News (blog)
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 17:38:40 -0700
Oh great, many fans thought. An exciting core of young pitchers, and no freaking spending to turn it into a contending team. When I asked Alderson to clarify his comments, he pushed back strongly against that interpretation. “What I really intended to ...
Wall Street Journal (blog)
Wall Street Journal (blog)
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:33:15 -0700
When his former employer, the Warner Amex Satellite Entertainment Company, switched its name to MTV Networks, the division that Mr. Pittman had founded, Mr. Pittman said advertisers suddenly became much friendlier, saying “Oh, great, we know your ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Oh! great with people all over the world in our discussions.