|Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||120 minutes (2Hours)|
|Original run||February 16, 2014 – May 18, 2014|
|Preceded by||Nuestra Belleza Latina 2013|
|Followed by||Nuestra Belleza Latina 2015|
|Nuestra Belleza Latina - Official Page Website|
Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014 was the eight season of Nuestra Belleza Latina and the eighth season to be aired on Univision. The season premiere was on Sunday February 16, 2014 at 8pm/7c, the earliest premiere of all eight seasons. The season finale was on Sunday, May 18, 2014.
The auditions will be shown Sundays, prior to the final 12 are reveled. Auditions were held from December 2013 through January 2014 in five major US cities (Miami, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; New York City, New York; San Antonio, Texas; Los Angeles, California) and in San Juan, Puerto Rico with also Online Castings available. During the audition process, 60 young women were given passes to the semi-finals in Miami. Two contestants were chosen from online Auditions, with the help of public votes.
The winner of the contest will be awarded a contract to be one of the new personality faces on many of Univision's programs and award shows and a chance to win $200,000 in cash and prizes; a prize reduction from previous four seasons and back to its original format. In addition, she will appear on the cover of Cosmopolitan en Español magazine. She will also be a host for Sabado Gigante and reign as Nuestra Belleza Latina for 2014.
|Osmel Sousa||President of the Miss Venezuela Organization||2007 - Present|
|Lupita Jones||Former Miss Universe and President of Nuestra Belleza México||2008 - Present|
|Jencarlos Canela||Filmography Pasión Prohibida||2014|
Changes and contestants
There will be major changes to both format and cast of Nuestra Belleza Latina. Giselle Blondet original host of previous seven seasons will not return. This year the hosts will increase by having three, former first winner of Nuestra Belleza Latina 2007 Alejandra Espinoza; former Venezuelan beauty queen and Co-Host of Mira Quien Baila Chiquinquira Delgado and Actor/Model and Runner-Up to Mira Quien Baila (U.S.), Season 4 Season 4 Pedro Moreno. Also there are major changes to the Judging Panel, Julian Gil no longer is the judge after four consecutive seasons and five total and was replaced by Actor and Singer Jencarlos Canela and stylist Jomari Goyso. Finally the other major change is a new panel of "mentors" formed by Miss Universe 1996 and former Nuestra Belleza Latina 2007 judge Alicia Machado and Miss Universe 2001 Denise Quiñones who will guide and mentor the girls in the journey towards becoming Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014. Unlike other years, this time the 12 finalists are already known, all talented Latinas from the United States and Puerto Rico. Also incorporated this season will be hidden cameras that follow even more intimately the drama being woven among the 12 contestants day by day in the mansion.
|San Juan, Puerto Rico||December 5, 2013|
|New York City||December 8, 2013|
|San Antonio, Texas||December 19, 2013|
|Chicago, Illinois||January 4, 2014|
|Los Angeles, California||January 9, 2014|
|Miami, Florida||January 12, 2014|
|Online Audition||December 1, 2013 - January 5, 2014|
|Safe||Won the challenge of the week||Bottom 3||Bottom 2||Eliminated|
|1||Aleyda Ortiz||Won||Safe||Won||Won||Safe||Won||Safe||Bottom 3||Bottom 2||Bottom 2||Winner|
|2||Josephine Ochoa||Safe||Bottom 2||Bottom 3||Safe||Safe||Safe||Won||Safe||Won||Won||Runner-Up|
|3||Nabila Tapia||Won||Won||Bottom 2||Safe||Safe||Won||Bottom 3||Safe||Won||Safe||3rd Place|
|4||Aly Villegas||Safe||Safe||Safe||Bottom 3||Safe||Bottom 2||Safe||Bottom 2||Bottom 3||Safe||4th Place|
|5||Alina Robert||Safe||Won||Won||Safe||Safe||Safe||Won||Bottom 2||Safe||5th Place|
|6||Maria Elena Anaya||Safe||Won||Safe||Safe||Safe||Safe||Bottom 2||Safe||6th Place|
|7||Prissila Sanchez||Safe||Safe||Safe||Won||Bottom 2||Bottom 3||7th Place|
|8||Gabriela Alvarez||Safe||Safe||Safe||Won||Bottom 3||8th Place|
|9||Valeria Moreno||Safe||Safe||Won||Bottom 2||9th Place|
|10||Yesenia Hernandez||Won||Safe||Safe||10th Place|
|11||Maria Delgado||Safe||Bottom 3||11th Place|
|12||Carolina Verdura||Safe||12th Place|
Top 12 Contestants Notes
- CUB Alina Robert has won several beauty pageants including Miss Latinoamérica 2012 representing Cuba, Miss Cuban American 2012 and Reina Mundial de los Carnavales 2012. She also represented Cuba at Miss Caribbean World 2012 where she finished as 3rd runner up. She also made it to the Top 18 in Nuestra Belleza Latina 2013.
- DOM Nabila Tapia won Miss Turismo Dominicana 2010 and Miss Teen Dominican Republic 2009. She represented Dominican Republic at Miss Teen International 2010 where she finished as 2nd runner up.
- GUA Josephine Ochoa won Miss Guatemala U.S. 2013.
- MEX Aly Villegas worked as an entertainment news reporter and TV host of the show “La Aficcion” in Mexico.
- MEX Maria Delgado made it to the Top 75 in Nuestra Belleza Latina 2013.
- MEX Maria Elena Anaya was a finalist in Univision’s Miss Republica Deportiva 2010. She also made it to the Top 20 in Nuestra Belleza Latina 2009.
- MEX Prissila Sanchez is a well-known TV host and weather reporter at channel Info 7 on the Azteca network.
- MEX / PRI Yesenia Hernandez won Miss HispanoAmerica Illinois 2012.
- PRI Aleyda Ortiz was 1st runner up at Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2014 and represented Puerto Rico at Miss Intercontinental 2013 where she won Best in Swimwear and Best Smile. She made it to the top 5 and finished as 1st runner up.
- VEN Gabriela Alvarez won Chica Venezuela USA 2006.
|Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014
- "Univision signs Alicia Machado for "Nuestra Belleza Latina"". Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Nuestra Belleza Latina at Univision.com (Spanish)
- Nuestra Belleza Latina at the Internet Movie Database
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.