Nicholas Julian Cook is a British aviation journalist and author of fiction and non-fiction works and has won four Aerospace Journalist of the Year Awards from the Royal Aeronautical Society.
For ten years Cook was Aviation Editor of Jane's Defence Weekly, the international defence journal. He is currently the magazine's Aerospace Consultant.
Cook is also a published author. His book The Hunt For Zero Point, published by Century Random House in the UK in 2001 and Broadway Books in the US in 2002, details his ten-year investigation into efforts to crack the Holy Grail of aerospace propulsion: anti-gravity technology. It focuses on Igor Witkowski's claims that the Nazi's developed a UFO-like device which allegedly became the basis for US research.
Cook has also written two novels, Angel Archangel and Aggressor, as well as ghostwriting a number of books on military subjects.
The 1999 Discovery Channel documentary Billion Dollar Secret followed Cook's investigation into secret US military spending and experimental aircraft that may have been mistaken for UFOs. He also wrote and presented the 2005 documentary UFO's: The Secret Evidence, known as An Alien History of Planet Earth in the US.
He is a frequent guest on Coast To Coast AM, a radio show that deals with the paranormal and conspiracy theories. 
Cook is founder and CEO of Dynamixx, a consultancy bringing together the defense industry and the search for solutions to climate change.
- ^ a b Bures, Frank (September 2002). "Into the Black". The Atlantic. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- ^ Kleiner, Kurt (August 2002). ""The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook". Salon.
- ^ "Jane's Editorial Team".
- ^ Easen, Nick (September 2003). "New technology from 'black world'". CNN.
- ^ Scharf, Michael (June 2002). "PW Talks with Nick Cook". Publishers Weekly.
- ^ McClure, Kevin. "Nazi Ufos". Fortean Times.
- ^ Dunning, Brian. "Wunderwaffen: Nazi Wonder Weapons". Skeptoid.
Through this transcript, Witkowski claimed to have learned about Die Glocke. This account became popular in the West when aviation writer Nick Cook included it in his popular 2002 book The Hunt for Zero Point, a tale of the cranks and colorful characters who have tried to invent anti-gravity machines. Since that time, you've been able to find all you want on the Internet about Nazi flying saucers.
- ^ "The Hunt For Zero Point". Skeptic.
- ^ Gunston, Bill (December 1990). "Review: There I was, nothing on the clock - Flights of fancy for Christmas begin with puzzles for the mind, soar with Balinese birds and British bats, then descend to the tomb and chaotic presents". New Scientist.
- ^ "Review:Aggressor". Publishers Weekly.
- ^ Stewart, Rod (June 2000). "Is this a ghost I see before me?". The Bookseller.
- ^ Vine, Richard. "Watch This". The Guardian.
- ^ "IMDb: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- ^ "Channel 4: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- ^ "Coast To Coast: Guests - Nick Cook".
- ^ "Conference: Aerospace Defense Companies Can Help Save the Planet by Expanding into Adjacent Markets". AIN Online. November 2012.
- ^ Childs, Nick (November 2012). "Defence firms seek broader agenda". BBC News.
- ^ Pfeifer, Sylvia (October 2008). "Defence groups enter green zone". Financial Times.
Until now, though, there has been little evidence of a "holistic approach" to the energy sector, said Nick Cook, founder of Dynamixx, a consultancy focused on opportunities in the energy and environmental market for the aerospace and defence industry.
Bowling Green Daily News
Mon, 03 Aug 2015 08:38:49 -0700
The Bowling Green/Warren County Welfare center is set to receive $24,400 for an assistance program and Hope House is set to receive $10,000 for a substance abuse program, according to a memo from Grants Coordinator Nick Cook. The City Commission ...
Sun, 02 Aug 2015 04:15:00 -0700
“A significant competitive advantage will be delivered to those companies who are already seeing workplace strategy as amongst their top priorities”, says Nick Cook, Principal and Managing Director of Avison Young UK. “Early adopters like DFW, who are ...
Sun, 02 Aug 2015 04:48:45 -0700
Valley posted 160 all out with Eric Hall smashing 41 off just 11 balls, Nick Cook making 33 and Philip Pickard unbeaten on 36. Kingsley Gray's good season continued as he claimed his third five-wicket haul this season finishing with 5-52. Gray also ...
Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 19:31:05 -0700
“We've been guilty in the past of coming at it from a Diageo perspective of premiumization and total focus on the brand,” says Nick Cook, Diageo's commercial director in Ghana. “It's actually more about keeping a brand locally relevant and keeping the ...
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 01:02:12 -0700
Nick Cook, principal and managing director of commercial real estate services firm Avison Young UK, said that a significant competitive advantage can be gained by considering workspace design. “Early adopters like DFW understand what it takes to create ...
New Haven Register
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:33:45 -0700
Among the notables missing today's final round are: Hamden resident Ryan Leahey (147), 2005 and 2006 Open winner Nick Cook (147), Connecticut Amateur champ Evan Grenus (148), reigning Palmer Cup champion Ben Day from New Haven CC (149), ...
Edinburgh Evening News
Edinburgh Evening News
Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:26:15 -0700
Liberton/Gilmerton councillor Nick Cook said he planned to put his name forward. Lindsay Paterson, who stood at the general election in Edinburgh West, is also tipped to stand. Colinton/Fairmilehead councillor Jason Rust and Joanna Mowat, who ...
New Haven Register
Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:37:30 -0700
The strong field also includes this year's Palmer Cup champion, Ben Day of New Haven CC (7:50 a.m., first tee); two-time champ Nick Cook (7:55, first tee); Brian Carlson of Clinton CC, who tied for third in the New England Amateur last week (8:40, 1st ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.