Nicholas Julian Cook is a British aviation journalist and author of fiction and non-fiction works and has won four Aerospace Journalist of the Year Awards from the Royal Aeronautical Society.
For ten years Cook was Aviation Editor of Jane's Defence Weekly, the international defence journal. He is currently the magazine's Aerospace Consultant.
Cook is also a published author. His book The Hunt For Zero Point, published by Century Random House in the UK in 2001 and Broadway Books in the US in 2002, details his ten-year investigation into efforts to crack the Holy Grail of aerospace propulsion: anti-gravity technology. It focuses on Igor Witkowski's claims that the Nazi's developed a UFO-like device which allegedly became the basis for US research.
Cook has also written two novels, Angel Archangel and Aggressor, as well as ghostwriting a number of books on military subjects.
The 1999 Discovery Channel documentary Billion Dollar Secret followed Cook's investigation into secret US military spending and experimental aircraft that may have been mistaken for UFOs. He also wrote and presented the 2005 documentary UFO's: The Secret Evidence, known as An Alien History of Planet Earth in the US.
He is a frequent guest on Coast To Coast AM, a radio show that deals with the paranormal and conspiracy theories. 
Cook is founder and CEO of Dynamixx, a consultancy bringing together the defense industry and the search for solutions to climate change.
- ^ a b Bures, Frank (September 2002). "Into the Black". The Atlantic. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- ^ Kleiner, Kurt (August 2002). ""The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook". Salon.
- ^ "Jane's Editorial Team".
- ^ Easen, Nick (September 2003). "New technology from 'black world'". CNN.
- ^ Scharf, Michael (June 2002). "PW Talks with Nick Cook". Publishers Weekly.
- ^ McClure, Kevin. "Nazi Ufos". Fortean Times.
- ^ Dunning, Brian. "Wunderwaffen: Nazi Wonder Weapons". Skeptoid.
Through this transcript, Witkowski claimed to have learned about Die Glocke. This account became popular in the West when aviation writer Nick Cook included it in his popular 2002 book The Hunt for Zero Point, a tale of the cranks and colorful characters who have tried to invent anti-gravity machines. Since that time, you've been able to find all you want on the Internet about Nazi flying saucers.
- ^ "The Hunt For Zero Point". Skeptic.
- ^ Gunston, Bill (December 1990). "Review: There I was, nothing on the clock - Flights of fancy for Christmas begin with puzzles for the mind, soar with Balinese birds and British bats, then descend to the tomb and chaotic presents". New Scientist.
- ^ "Review:Aggressor". Publishers Weekly.
- ^ Stewart, Rod (June 2000). "Is this a ghost I see before me?". The Bookseller.
- ^ Vine, Richard. "Watch This". The Guardian.
- ^ "IMDb: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- ^ "Channel 4: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- ^ "Coast To Coast: Guests - Nick Cook".
- ^ "Conference: Aerospace Defense Companies Can Help Save the Planet by Expanding into Adjacent Markets". AIN Online. November 2012.
- ^ Childs, Nick (November 2012). "Defence firms seek broader agenda". BBC News.
- ^ Pfeifer, Sylvia (October 2008). "Defence groups enter green zone". Financial Times.
Until now, though, there has been little evidence of a "holistic approach" to the energy sector, said Nick Cook, founder of Dynamixx, a consultancy focused on opportunities in the energy and environmental market for the aerospace and defence industry.
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:22:30 -0800
“It was just another quality win for us,” said Westside head coach Nick Cook. “I say it every night, but our kids fight to the bitter end. They play so hard, and it's always somebody different that steps up. It was a total team effort.” Westside (11-1 ...
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:14:24 -0800
Cole Cimek, Nick Cook, Adam Kirchmayer and Mancini potted goals and James Lawrence recorded the shutout. Caleb Clarkson and Cook, each with two goals; and Mancini found the back of the net in a 5-4 road victory over the Dundas Blues. Welland hosts ...
West Virginia MetroNews
West Virginia MetroNews
Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:07:30 -0800
4 spot in this past week's MetroNews Power Index as the Renegades have proven once again to be contenders in a competitive Class AA. “It's just a good group of kids with great chemistry and great senior leadership,” said Westside coach Nick Cook. “We ...
Sat, 24 Jan 2015 00:04:13 -0800
Westside has already beaten Scott, Bluefield, Martinsburg, Logan, Wyoming East and Greater Beckley, and its only loss came at Jefferson. If Nick Cook doesn't get his group back to Charleston, where it made a run to the Class AA semifinals a year ago, I ...
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 05:52:27 -0800
“It may not always be pretty, but our kids always find a way to scratch, claw and come out with a W,” said Westside head coach Nick Cook, whose team has now won seven straight after its lone loss of the year at Class AAA Jefferson. “We're not a bad AA ...
Eastern Wake News
Eastern Wake News
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:45:00 -0800
“They played with unbelievable heart,” Melton said of guards Josh McLean, Josh Siler and Nick Cook. “They just won it. They came out and played really smart, but really hard.” East Wake (10-4, 4-2 Greater Neuse River 4A) moved into a three-way tie with ...
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:41:15 -0800
Hurricane's Lance Sutherland has been named one of the co-coaches on the South squad for the North-South Basketball Classic, set for 7:30 p.m. on June 19 at the South Charleston Community Center. Sutherland guided the Redskins to the boys Class AAA ...
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 04:44:55 -0800
UCS Old Boys chief believes returning players can guide club to safety. 12:37 20 January 2015. By Ben Grounds. UCS Old Boys centre Matt Jacobs (right) is on his way back from injury. Pic: Nick Cook/UCS Old Boys. Archant. Director of rugby Geoff Boxer ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.