|Founded by||Cochin and Yemenite Jews|
The moshav was established in 1950 by immigrants from Yemen and Cochin on part of the lands of the moshava of Hartuv, abandoned during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. It was named after a member of the Tribe of Judah in the Book of Chronicles 4:19 — "And the sons of the wife of Hodiah, the sister of Naham, were the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maacathite."
- Carta's Official Guide to Israel and Complete Gazetteer to all Sites in the Holy Land. (3rd edition 1993) Jerusalem, Carta, p.355, ISBN 965-220-186-3 (English)