||ندم nadima, "to drink together"
||friend, close companion, confidant, drinking companion
|Region of origin
Nadeem (also spelled Nadim or Nedim; Arabic: نديم) is a masculine given name. It means "drinking companion" (from the Arabic ندم nadima, "to drink together"). The name is common among all communities in the Middle East, including Christians and Muslims, and in the Balkans.
- Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi (1916–2006), Pakistani poet
- Mahmud Nedim Pasha (1818–1883), Ottoman Turkish statesman
- Mahmut Nedim Hendek (1880–1920), Ottoman Turkish military officer
- Nadeem Abbas (born 1988), Pakistani singer
- Nadeem Abbasi (born 1968), former Pakistani cricketer
- Nadeem Ahmad, Pakistani army general
- Nadeem Ahmed (born 1987), Hong Kong cricketer
- Nadeem Aslam (born 1966), British novelist of Pakistani origin
- Nadeem Baig (born 1941), film actor, producer, singer
- Nadeem F. Paracha (born 1967), Pakistani journalist
- Nadeem Ghauri (born 1962), former Pakistani cricketer
- Nadeem Hassan, Pakistani gastroenterologist
- Nadeem John Shakir, Pakistani Catholic priest
- Nadeem Karim (born 1989), Iraqi footballer
- Nadeem Khan (born 1969), former Pakistani cricketer
- Nadeem Malik (born 1982), English cricketer
- Nadeem Malik (Pakistani journalist) (born 1968), Pakistani journalist
- Nadeem Mohammed (born 1968), English cricketer
- Nadeem Saifi, Indian music director
- Nadeem Shahid (born 1969), English first-class cricketer
- Nadeem Siddique (born 1977), British Pakistani boxer
- Nadeem Taj (born 1953), Pakistani general
- Nadim Abbas (born 1980), Hong Kong artist
- Nadim Ahmed, Pakistani writer and singer
- Nadim al-Jabiri (born 1959), Iraqi politician
- Nadim al-Pachachi (1914–1976), Iraqi Secretary-General of OPEC
- Nadim Asfar (born 1976), Lebanese photographer and filmmaker
- Nadim Barghouthi (born 1989), Palestinian footballer
- Nadim Gemayel (born 1982), Lebanese MP
- Nadim Karam (born 1957), Lebanese artist
- Nadim Kassar (born 1964), Lebanese businessman
- Nadim Kobeissi (born 1990), Lebanese-Canadian computer programmer and security researcher
- Nadim Nassar, Syrian priest
- Nadim Sabagh (born 1985), Syrian footballer
- Nadim Sadek (born 1962), Irish-Egyptian entrepreneur
- Nadim Sajjad, Bangladeshi cricketer
- Nadim Sawalha (born 1935), English actor
- Nedîm (1681–1730), Ottoman Turkish poet
- Nedim Dal (born 1975), Bosnian-born Turkish national basketball player
- Nedim Doğan (born 1943), Turkish football player
- Nedim Durić (born 1993), Bosnian footballer
- Nedim Günar (1932–2011), Turkish football player
- Nedim Gürsel (born 1951), Turkish writer
- Nedim Halilović (born 1979), Bosnian footballer
- Nedim Hasanbegović (born 1988), German footballer of Bosnian descent
- Nedim Imac (1966–2007), Turkish-Dutch businessman and sports executive
- Nedim Jahić Bezdomni (born 1989), Bosnian analyst, human rights activist and writer
- Nedim Jusufbegović (born 1974), Bosnian football manager and former player
- Nedim Kufi (born 1962), Iraqi-Dutch visual artist
- Nedim Nišić (born 1984), Bosnian-American Olympic swimmer
- Nedim Tutić (born 1968), Bosnian former football player
- Nedim Yücel (born 1979), Turkish basketball player
- Nedim Đedović (born 1997), Bosnian basketball player
- Nedim Şener (born 1966), Turkish writer and journalist
- Ahmed Nadeem (born 1976), United Arab Emirati cricketer
- Aida Nadeem (born 1965), Iraqi musician
- Dinanath Nadim (1916–1988), Kashmiri poet
- Francis Nadeem, Pakistani Roman Catholic priest
- Khan Muttaqi Nadeem (1940–2006), Pakistani lawyer
- Laksamana Hang Nadim, 16th century Malaysian warrior
- Nadia Nadim (born 1988), Afghanistan–born Danish footballer
- Razaq Nadeem, Pakistani murderer
- Savera Nadeem, Pakistani television actor
- Shahbaz Nadeem (born 1989), Indian cricketer
- Shahid Nadeem (born 1947), Pakistani journalist, playwright, screenwriter, director, human rights activist
- Waheed Nadeem (born 1987), Afghan footballer
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:45:00 -0700
The President and CEO of Tameer Microfinance Bank Ltd, Nadeem Husain, has said that microfinance banking is more advance in Pakistan than any other country in the region as verification system through NADRA is not available in India, Bangladesh or ...
Tue, 08 Jul 2014 04:51:47 -0700
Over the past few weeks, Palestinians and Israelis have been killed in the occupied Palestinian territories. Although President Barack Obama rightly condemned the tragic killing of three Israeli teenagers, the majority of Palestinian victims have been ...
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:50:50 -0700
KARACHI: Aggressive knocks from Nadeem Javed and Jahandad Khan guided Eaton CC into the semi-finals of the 2nd Peace Cup T20 Night Cricket Tournament with a comprehensive 50-run win over United Sports here on Tuesday. Batting first in the ...
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:11:15 -0700
Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms, Ahsan Iqbal has reportedly moved a summary to get Nadeem Jamil appointed as Chief Economist against a promotion post. Sources revealed to Business Recorder that the appointment could be challenged ...
Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:04:52 -0700
Sunday, July 20, 2014 - Karachi—Federal Ombudsman Secretary Agha Nadeem said a total of 1 million cases were reported and decided at the office of Federal Ombudsman in past 20 years. The highest number of complaints registered with the Federal ...
Manchester Evening News
Manchester Evening News
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 04:37:39 -0700
A man who was found guilty and jailed for a string of rapes he denied has been cleared after judges ruled that his alleged victim lied. Nadeem Aslam, 45, served more than three years of a 13-year sentence, but has now been cleared on appeal and freed ...
Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:37:30 -0700
ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has recalled the notification about success of Muhammad Yaqub Nadeem Sethi as member of the Punjab Assembly. The ECP has recalled this notification in pursuant to the order of the Election ...
Mon, 07 Jul 2014 07:15:00 -0700
The ECP has also restored the membership of another PML-N MPA Tariq Mehmood Bajwa. LAHORE (Dunya News) - Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday terminated the membership of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Member of ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Nadeem with people all over the world in our discussions.