|Narrated by||Colm Feore|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Original language(s)||English, French|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Lang|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Kensington Communications, Inc.|
|Original run||January 6, 2011– May 2, 2014|
Museum Secrets is a TV series on History Television in Canada and a website with videos and games; exploring the world’s renowned museums and their most enigmatic objects. Narrated by Canadian actor Colm Feore, the TV series is currently airing its third and final season. Museum Secrets is produced by Kensington Communications Inc.
The Royal Ontario Museum held a special exhibit during the winter of 2011, featuring objects from the Museum Secrets series. Several Canadian newspapers previewed the exhibit: National Post, Toronto Sun, Torontoist and Toronto Star.
- History Television in Canada
- Historia in French Canada
- BBC Knowledge in Australia and New Zealand
- Yesterday channel (UKTV) in the UK
- National Geographic Channel (Canada)
- Smithsonian Channel (US)
- TVB J2 (Hong Kong)
Each season, the series travels to the world’s greatest museums in search of the mysteries behind their objects.
Season 1 episodes
- Royal Ontario Museum[]
- Cairo's Egyptian Museum
- Natural History Museum in London
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
Season 2 episodes
- The Hermitage
- American Museum of Natural History
- National Archaeological Museum of Athens
- Imperial War Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City
- Pergamon and Neues Museums in Berlin
- Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Topkapi Palace
Season 3 episodes
- Palacio Real Madrid
- Israel Museum in Jerusalem
- Uffizi Gallery
- State Historical Museum in (Moscow)
- Chateau Versailles
- Royal Museums Greenwich
- Bardo National Museum
The website, museumsecrets.tv features shorter web videos for the 14 episodes and an object navigator with 90 objects. The Museum Secrets facebook page, remains active with posts geared towards fans of the show and also provides broadcast info.
Awards & nominations
- Canadian Screen Awards, 2014
- History Makers Awards, 2012 (now IMPACT Awards)
- 26th Annual Gemini Awards, 2011
- Best Cross-platform Project Non-fiction (Robert Lang and David Oppenheim)
- Barbara Sears Award for Best Editorial Research (Rebecca Snow)
- Best Original Music Score for a Documentary Program or Series (Eric Cadesky and Nick Dyer)
- Interactive Rockie Awards at Banff World Media Festival, 2011
- Best Cross-platform Project
- "Museum Secrets Schedule on History Television Canada". History Television. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "2014 Award Winner List". Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- "Museum Secrets reveals the history behind historical objects". National Post. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "ROM secrets head for TV Museum's hidden treasures featured on new show". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "ROM Secrets Revealed". Torontoist. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Royal Ontario Museum’s secret mummy babies revealed". Toronto Star. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Museum Secrets reveals the history behind historical objects". The National Post. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Solving the mystery of "Degenerate Art" in Berlin". Boing Boing. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Canadian Winners at the History Makers Awards". Village Gamer news. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "26th Annual Gemini Awards". Tribute.ca. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Interactive Content Nominated for Banff World Media Fest". Mediacaster Magazine. Retrieved August 21, 2014.