Prof. Muchukund Dubey is a Former Ambassador and Former Indian Foreign Secretary, the administrative head of the Indian Foreign Service, Government of India., he is also President of Council for Social Development (CSI), and Chairman of the Asian Development Research Institute, Patna. He is also a Professor in International Relations at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi and Professor Emeritus at the Foreign Service Institute 
He is researching a wide array of issues related to world economy, international monetary and trading systems, security and disarmament, South Asian cooperation and international relations. Currently teaches as faculty in course Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Development Studies and would be the first module for a Masters in Development Studies, under newly formed Ambedkar University, Delhi (AUD), which is mandated to focus on teaching and research in social sciences and the humanities both at the under graduate as well as post graduate level.
- Communal Revivalism in India: A Study of External Implications, Har-Anand Publications. 1994. ISBN 978-81-241-0197-1.
- Indian Society Today, 1995. ISBN 978-81-241-0329-6.
- Subhas Chandra Bose : The Man and His Vision, 1998. ISBN 978-81-241-0582-5.
- India's Foreign Policy: Coping with the Changing World, 2012. ISBN 813-17-305-73.
- Jaitley seeks consensus.. Ministry of Commerce & Industry, August 9, 2003.
- India's Foreign Secretary, Muchkund Dubey, discussed.. New York Times, March 24, 1991.
- Away but not Apart: Evolving Relationships between India and Her Diaspora
- faculty CSI website
- List of the Professor Emeritus at the Foreign Service Institute Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs.
- Muchkund Dubey Barnes & Noble.