The initial content for the website was provided by DevEdge, for which the Mozilla Foundation was granted a license by AOL. Significant effort has been made to migrate content from mozilla.org. Many pages on mozilla.org now redirect to MDN. The site now contains a mix of content migrated from DevEdge and mozilla.org, as well as original and more up-to-date content. Documentation was also migrated from XULPlanet.com.
MDN has a newsgroup (mozilla.dev.mdc) and an IRC channel #devmo on the Mozilla IRC Network. MDN is funded by the Mozilla Foundation with servers and employees.
- Willison, Simon (2005-09-15). "The Mozilla Developer Center". SitePoint. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Mitchell Baker (2005-02-23). "DevMo and DevEdge updates". Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- "About". Mozilla Developer Center. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "Existing Content". Mozilla Developer Center. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "DevEdge". Mozilla Developer Center. Archived from the original on 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- Deb Richardson (2006-02-10). "Digging through the DevEdge archives". mozilla.dev.mdc. Google Groups. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.