Mobbed title card
|Created by||Howie Mandel
|Presented by||Howie Mandel|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Executive producer(s)||Howie Mandel
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Alevy Productions
Angel City Factory
|Original release||March 31, 2011– January 10, 2013|
Mobbed was an American hidden camera reality television show based on the use of flash mobs as part of the spectacle for the delivery of an important personal message. The show, created by Howie Mandel, Darryl Trell, and Howard Kitrosser, aired on March 31, 2011 as a one-time special on Fox. It premiered as a series in November 2011. The show is hosted by Mandel and choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo.
The premise of the show is to use hidden cameras and flash mobs as part of the delivery of an important personal message. Participants are those who would like to reveal something significant to a friend or loved one. This friend or loved one goes through moments of confusion while people around them break out into synchronized dance in front of their eyes. By the end of an episode, they have learned a secret that could be anything from a marriage proposal, news of a pregnancy, the return of a lost family member, or a moment of reconciliation.
|Original U.S. airdate|
|1||"Pilot"||10.82||March 31, 2011|
|Torrid model Nikki's dreams come true as her boyfriend Justin Davis proposes and they get married in the middle of a flash mob.|
|2||"A Father's Apology"||4.65||November 23, 2011|
|A father (Ion) after leaving his wife (Cheryl) and daughter (Meagan) hopes to re-enter his daughter's life and apologize to his wife with the help of a flash mob.|
|3||"I Love You & We've Never Met"||3.06||January 4, 2012|
|Steve Soboslai of Pittsburgh-based pop-punk band Punchline gets help to reveal his true feelings to his long-distance best friend of five years whom he's never met.|
|4||"My Secret Child"||3.42||January 11, 2012|
|A woman reveals shocking secrets to her family, including news about her marriage and the fact that she has a 6-year-old son who has never met his grandmother.|
|5||"Brawling Brothers"||7.87||February 1, 2012|
|Tim Jarzabek of the band "NO" attempts to reconcile a feud with his brother/band mate Nick Jarzabek with help from Everclear's Art Alexakis, the dance crew FORMALity, drummer DJ Ravi, and rapper Ace Hood.|
|6||"A Father Lost For 37 Years"||8.47||February 8, 2012|
|A 37-year-old man, Art, asks the team to help him reunite with his father whom he has never met. Instead of mobbing the father, the team 'flips' the mob and surprises Art by having his father at the center of the mob toward the end of the performance.|
|7||"You Saved My Life"||3.18||January 2, 2013|
|A 75 firefighter boss is still devastated after the death of one of his daughters, who died in a car accident. After years of having saved people, his own daughter is the one person who couldn't save. The idea was that he would meet some of the people who received his daughter's donated organs.|
|8||"Hot for Teacher"||2.75||January 2, 2013|
|A meed female teacher wants to tell the PE teacher of the same school she works in that she likes him and she wants to go out with him.|
|9||"We're Having A Baby"||2.72||January 3, 2013|
|10||"Marry Me Now or It's Over"||3.14||January 3, 2013|
|11||"You're Fired"||3.28||January 10, 2013|
|A boss plans a surprise for an employee for his hard work and strong character with the help of thousands.|
- "Napoleon and Tabitha D'umo - Loving the "MOBBED" Mentality". HollywoodOutbreak.com. March 31, 2011. Archived from the original on October 16, 2011. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- Rasmusson, Cameron (February 1, 2012). "Family feud lands on national TV show". Bonner County Daily Bee. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
To get their family — and their career — back on track, Jarzabek is turning to some unconventional mediators in his quest for forgiveness. The surprise hit TV show "Mobbed," hosted by comedian Howie Mandel, specializes in sending an elaborate message with the help of hidden cameras and flash mobs. On the show’s fifth episode, airing tonight on Fox at 9 p.m., Jarzabek aims to craft an apology big enough to settle the feud with his brother.
- Ng, Philiana (April 1, 2011). "Fox Orders Howie Mandel's 'Mobbed' to Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-11-28). "Wednesday Final Ratings: ‘Modern Family,’ ‘The X Factor’ Adjusted Up; ‘Happy Endings,’ ‘Mobbed’ Adjusted Down". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Gorman, Bill (2012-01-05). "Wednesday Final Ratings: ‘Modern Family’ Adjusted Up; ‘Happy Endings’ Adjusted Down". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Seidman, Robert (2012-01-12). "Wednesday Final Ratings: ‘The Middle,’ ‘Whitney,’ ‘Harry’s Law’ Adjusted Down". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Gorman, Bill (2012-02-02). "Wednesday Final Ratings: ‘American Idol’ Adjusted Up; ‘Mobbed,’ ‘Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials’ Adjusted Down". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- Seidman, Robert (February 9, 2012). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Suburgatory' Adjusted Up; 'Happy Endings,' 'CSI,' 'SVU,' Among Many Downward Adjustments". Zap2It.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Breaking News - Exclusive: FOX's "Hell's Kitchen," "MasterChef," "So You Think You Can Dance" to Take Two-Week Break Against NBC's Olympics Coverage". TheFutonCritic.com. 2012-05-24. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Breaking News - FOX Ships "Take Me Out" to Saturdays, "Mobbed" Originals to Take Over Thursdays". TheFutonCritic.com. 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Breaking News - FOX to Keep "Take Me Out" on Thursdays, "Mobbed" on Saturdays". TheFutonCritic.com. 2012-07-06. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Exclusive: FOX Gives "Mobbed" Return Dates in January". TheFutonCritic.com. November 15, 2012. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Kubicek, John (April 1, 2011). "'Mobbed' Review: 3 Reasons Why Howie Mandel is a Very Mean Man". BuddyTV.com. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- Gorman, Bill (2011-04-01). "Thursday Final Ratings: ‘American Idol,’ ‘Big Bang Theory,’ ‘Rules Of Engagement,’ ‘CSI,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Adjusted Up". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 4, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Law & Order: SVU' and 'Nashville' Adjusted Up". Zap2It.com. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (January 4, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory', 'Mobbed' & 'Elementary' Adjusted Up; 'Two and a Half Men' Adjusted Down". Zap2It.com. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 11, 2013). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory', '30 Rock' & 'Grey's Anatomy' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Scandal'". Zap2It.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Official site
- Mobbed at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Mobbed executive producer, Chris Cowan from the Television Writers Vault