|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
January 11, 1973 |
Ravenna, Ohio, United States
|Genre||Dark fantasy, Supernatural fiction, Gothic fiction, Spirituality, Sexuality|
|Subject||Occult, Paranormal, Vampires|
Michelle Belanger is an American author, singer and prominent advocate for the vampire community. She is a self-described psychic vampire. She is the author of several, including the Psychic Vampire Codex and The Black Veil, an ethical guide for vampires. Belanger is not in the closet about any aspect of her identity, from her spirituality to BDSM and polyamory. She is an advocate for safety, responsibility, and communication in the alternative communities she is part of.
She has authored over two dozen nonfiction books on paranormal and occult topics, has appeared in television documentaries about magic and modern occultism, and was instrumental in forming an energy working group for psychic vampires, called House Kheperu. She has performed as a vocalist and worked as a writer with Nox Arcana and URN. Belanger lives in Ohio.
Michelle Belanger is best known for her appearances on five seasons of A&E's Paranormal State. She also serves as a spokesperson for the modern vampire subculture, giving talks on the student campus network, and has appeared in a number of television shows and films about vampires in myth, history, and the modern day. Belanger has also appeared on the radio show, Coast to Coast AM.
- The Secret Life of Vampires (A&E, 2005) 
- Vampire Secrets (History Channel, 2006) 
- Hannity's America: "Night Neighbors" (Fox News, 2008) 
- Paranormal State (A&E)
- Vampyres (Avalanche Productions, 2007) documentary based on the book Vampyres: When Reality Goes Beyond Fiction by Laurent Courau 
Michelle Belanger has performed with Nox Arcana. She was a guest vocalist on Nox Arcana's album Winter's Knight (2005) which ranked #8 on the Billboard chart for Top Holiday Albums. Belanger also wrote the songs for the Nox Arcana's album, Blood of Angels (2006). She has also performed with the band, URN, and was on their albums, Desecrated Ashes (2003) and Dancing with the Demigods (2006).
- Conspiracy of Angels: A Novel of the Shadowside. Titan Books. 2015. ISBN 9781783297337.
- The Dictionary of Demons: Names of the Damned. Llewellyn Publications. 2010. ISBN 9780738723068.
- The Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide: Protection Techniques for Encounters with the Paranormal. Llewellyn Publications. 2009. ISBN 9780738718705.
- Haunting Experiences: Encounters With the Otherworldly. Llewellyn Publications. 2009. ISBN 9780738714370.
- Walking the Twilight Path: A Gothic Book of the Dead. Llewellyn Publications. 2008. ISBN 9780738713236.
- The Psychic Energy Codex: A Manual for Developing Your Subtle Senses. Weiser Books. 2007. ISBN 9781578633852.
- Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices. Llewellyn. 2007. ISBN 9780738712208.
- Psychic Dreamwalking: Explorations at the Edge of Self. Red Wheel/Weiser. 2006. ISBN 9781578633869.
- Sacred Hunger: The Vampire in Myth and Reality. Dark Moon Press. 2005. ISBN 9781411654211.
- The Psychic Vampire Codex: A Manual of Magick and Energy Work. Weiser Books. 2004. ISBN 9781578633210.
- Hesse, Monica (24 November 2008). "Self-Described Vampires Come Out of the Dark to See 'Twilight'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 2 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Archived from the original on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 3 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Sebastiaan, Father (2010). "New York's Historical Vampire Club - Long Black Veil". Huffington Post. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- Valur, Octarine (22 August 2012). "Who Are They Really? - Michelle Belanger". South African Vampyre News. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Pelletier, Joe (2008-11-04). "An interview with a Vampire". Quinnipiac Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- O'brien, Erin (July 11, 2007). "Freestyle Lead Sympathetic Vampire". Cleveland Free Times. Archived from the original on May 17, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Skrip, Frank (2005-03-18). "Metaphysicist discusses energy". The Online Rocket. Archived from the original on 29 June 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Michelle Belanger guest speaker at Dragoncon". Archived from the original on 29 March 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Michelle Belanger". Coast to Coast AM. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "The Secret Life of Vampires (dvd)". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Review of Vampire Secrets on DVD". DVDTOWN.com. Archived from the original on 29 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Llewellyn Worldwide press release, St. Paul, MN, December 5, 2008
- "Night Neighbors". FOX News. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Michelle Belanger". WizardWorld. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- The Vampyre Almanac 2006 Edition. Google Book Search. 2006-03-29. ISBN 978-1-4116-6084-7. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres: When reality goes beyond fiction". Vampyres-themovie.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres movie review". RottenTomatoes.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Biography". Nox Arcana. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Meyers, David (5 May 2010). "Vampire Advocate to Speak at Cal Poly". Mustang News. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Billboard ranking for Winter's Knight". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- "Blood of Angels". WorldCat. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Michelle Belanger". Llewellyn. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- McEvoy, Seth (1 January 2007). "The MBS Mind-Set: Moving Beyond Monikers". ForeWord. Retrieved 27 April 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))