January 11, 1973 |
Ravenna, Ohio, United States
|Genre||Dark fantasy, Supernatural fiction, Gothic fiction, Spirituality, Sexuality|
|Subject||Occult, Paranormal, Vampires|
Michelle Belanger is an American author, singer and prominent advocate for the vampire community. She is a self-described psychic vampire, and author of several foundational texts used by the vampire community, including the Psychic Vampire Codex and The Black Veil, an ethical guide for vampires. Belanger is not in the closet about any aspect of her identity, from her spirituality to BDSM and polyamory. She is an advocate for safety, responsibility, and communication in the alternative communities she is part of, and is sought after as a presenter on topics including psychic development, consent, writing and publishing, magical systems, the erotic applications of energy work, and demonology.
She has authored over two dozen nonfiction books on paranormal and occult topics, has appeared in television documentaries about magic and modern occultism, and was instrumental in forming an energy working group for psychic vampires, called House Kheperu. She has performed as a vocalist with several Gothic music bands, including as URN and Nox Arcana.
Michelle Belanger is best known for her appearances on five seasons of A&E's Paranormal State. She also serves as a spokesperson for the modern vampire subculture, giving talks on the student campus network, and has appeared in a number of television shows and films about vampires in myth, history, and the modern day.
- The Secret Life of Vampires (A&E, 2005) 
- Vampire Secrets (History Channel, 2006) 
- Hannity's America: "Night Neighbors" (Fox News, 2008) 
- Paranormal State (A&E) 
- Twilight Weekly:Spotlight (Reelz Channel, 2009) One episode 
- Vampyres (Avalanche Productions, 2007) documentary based on the book Vampyres: When Reality Goes Beyond Fiction by Laurent Courau 
Michelle Belanger has performed with several bands, including URN and Nox Arcana. She performed on URN's albums Desecrated Ashes (2003) and Dancing with the Demigods (2006) and also wrote the lyrics to several songs, including Esoterica's "The God Within."
Belanger also performed as a guest vocalist on Nox Arcana's album Winter's Knight (2005) which ranked #8 on the Billboard chart for Top Holiday Albums. She later worked again with Nox Arcana on their musical collaboration Blood of Angels (2006).
- The Dictionary of Demons: Names of the Damned (Llewellyn, 2010)
- The Psychic Vampire Codex (Weiser, 2004)
- Vampire Codex: 20th Anniversary Edition (Lulu.com, 2014)
- The Psychic Energy Codex: A Manual For Developing Your Subtle Senses (Weiser, 2007)
- Psychic Dreamwalking: Explorations at the Edge of Self (Weiser, 2007)
- The Watcher Angel Tarot Guidebook: myth, meaning, and creation illustrated by Jackie Williams (Emerald Tablet Press, 2011)
- The Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide: Protection Techniques for Encounters with the Paranormal (Llewellyn, 2009)
- The Ghost Hunter's Guide to the Occult (CreateSpace, 2013)
- Sumerian Exorcism: Magick, Demons, and the Lost Art of Marduk (Ancient Magick) (CreateSpace, 2013)
- Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices (Llewellyn, 2007)
- Walking the Twilight Path: A Gothic Book of the Dead (Llewellyn, 2008)
- Haunting Experiences: Encounters with the Otherworldly (Llewellyn, 2009)
- The Vampire Ritual Book (CreateSpace, 2007)
- Sacred Hunger (Dark Moon Press, 2005)
- Chasing Infinity: Essays on the Nature of God, the Universe, and Religious Experience (CreateSpace, 2010)
- House Kheperu Archives: The Outer Teachings of House Kheperu (CreateSpace, 2011)
- The Vampyre Almanac (Sanguinarium Press, 2000) with Katherine Ramsland.
- V: The Book of the Strigoi VII (Aangel Publishing, 2003) with Father Sebastiaan, Layil Umbralux, Madame X.
- Conspiracy of Angels (Titan Books, 2015)
- Harsh Gods (not yet released; coming from Titan Books in 2016)
- The Resurrection Game (not yet released; coming from Titan Books in 2017)
- When Millie Comes Back illustrated by Cat Mason (CreateSpace, 2014)
- D is For Demon illustrated by Jackie Williams (CreateSpace, 2010)
- The Enchanted Wood illustrated by Kimberlee Traub (Shadowfox, 1996)
- These Haunted Dreams (Dark Moon Press, 2006)
- Wicked Kisses (Dark Moon Press 2007)
- This Heart of Flame (Stonegarden, 2009)
- Soul Songs from Distant Shores (Emerald Tablet Press, 2006)
- This Ritual of Me (Emerald Tablet Press, 2008)
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 2 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 3 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- The re-enchantment of the West. Google Book Search. 2006-06-19. ISBN 978-0-567-04133-3. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Pelletier, Joe (2008-11-04). "An interview with a Vampire". Quinnipiac Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- O'brien, Erin (July 11, 2007). "Freestyle Lead Sympathetic Vampire". Cleveland Free Times. Retrieved 2008-11-12.[dead link]
- Skrip, Frank (2005-03-18). "Metaphysicist discusses energy". The Online Rocket. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Young, Katie (2009-04-29). "Vampire expert to speak at Kiva before 'Twilight' viewing". KentNewsNet.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "The Secret Life of Vampires (dvd)". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Review of Vampire Secrets on DVD". DVDTOWN.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Llewellyn Worldwide press release, St. Paul, MN, December 5, 2008
- "Night Neighbors". FOX News. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Michelle Belanger guest speaker at Dragoncon". Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Paranormal State episode guide". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Twilight Weekly: Spotlight on Tv". LocateTV. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- The Vampyre Almanac 2006 Edition. Google Book Search. 2006-03-29. ISBN 978-1-4116-6084-7. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres: When reality goes beyond fiction". Vampyres-themovie.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres movie review". RottenTomatoes.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Billboard ranking for Winter's Knight". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- Google list of books by Michelle Belanger. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- Magickal Self Defense: A Quantum Approach to Warding. Google Book Search. February 2008. ISBN 978-0-7387-1219-2. Retrieved 2009-05-08.