While he was working as a car salesman, Raven met Sydnee Steele to whom he sold a new Miata. They married, finding a common interest in pornography and swinging, and moved to Los Angeles, California to turn their hobbies into careers. Their marriage lasted for ten years. He was married to pornographic actress Julia Ann, later they divorced.
Michel Raven has received the following awards but none since his cross over into the main stream include-
- 2001 AVN Award for Best Editing (Film) for Watchers (with Sammy Slater)
- 2001 AVN Award for Best Screenplay (Film) for Watchers (with George Kaplan)
- 2003 AVN Award for Best Director (Video) for Breathless
- 2003 AVN Award for Best Screenplay (Film) for Breathless (with Devan Sapphire)
- 2004 AVN Award for Best Director (Video) for Beautiful
- 2004 AVN Award for Best Screenplay (Video) for Beautiful
- 2008 AVN Hall of Fame
- Jared Rutter (2008-01-12). "2008 AVN Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "Naked Capitalists", Frank Rich, The New York Times, May 20, 2001. Excerpt on lukeisback.com. Retrieved 2007-07-12.
- "Sydnee Steele: Still Shy, But Definitely Wicked", Mike Ramone, AVN Insider, 2001-10-05. Retrieved 2007-07-12.
- "It's Sin City Night at The Tera Show" Tod Hunter, AVN Insider, 2002-03-13. Retrieved 2007-07-12.
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN Awards. pp. (see 2001, 2003). Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "AVN Award Winners". Adult Video News. 2004-01-10. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Biography at LukeIsBack.com
- Michael Raven at the Internet Movie Database
- Michael Raven at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Michael Raven at the Adult Film Database
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|