|Distance from Central Station||23.47 km|
|Altitude (above sea level)||? m|
|Types of stopping trains||Suburban all stops|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Platform arrangement||2 Side|
|Type of station||Ground|
Merrylands railway station is the station of the western suburb of Merrylands on the South line, Sydney of the CityRail network. It serves an area which is residential and commercial. The station has two side platforms.
Merrylands station opened in 1878, on what was then the 'Main South Line'. With the opening of the new 'Main South' between Lidcombe and Cabramatta via Regents Park in 1924, this section of track became known as the 'Old Main South'. In 1996, the Harris Park to Merrylands 'Y-link' was opened, allowing direct services to operate between Merrylands and Harris Park on the Western Line and the formation of what is know known as the Cumberland Line. The station since underwent substantial renovations which were concluded by early 2007.
Platforms and services 
This station is serviced by two to four trains per hour each way, with additional trains during weekday peak hours. Cumberland Line trains operate only on weekday peak hours. During off-peak hours two of these four train services towards Campbelltown terminate in Glenfield.
|South Line||all stations and limited stops services to Central and the City Circle via Granville|
|Cumberland Line||all stations services to Blacktown via Parramatta||one weekday morning peak services continues west to Quakers Hill|
|South Line||all stations and limited stops services to Glenfield and Campbelltown via Liverpool|
|Cumberland Line||all stations services to Campbelltown||one weekday afternoon peak services starts from Quakers Hill|
Bus services 
Merrylands Bus Interchange
Stand A: Westbus
Stand B: Westbus
- 811 - to Merrylands, Greystanes, Pemulwuy, Parramatta and return
- 813 - to Merrylands, Greystanes, Pemulwuy, Parramatta and return
- 815 - to Merrylands, Greystanes, Pemulwuy, Parramatta and return
Stand C: Veolia Transport
Stand D: Hopkinsons
- 802 - to Guildford West via Guildford station
- 803 - to Guildford station via Fowler Road
- 804 - to Fairfield station via Guildford West
- 807 - to Guildford station via Railway Terrace
- 808 - to Woodpark and Wetherill Park Industrial
- 809 - to Guildford station via Bristol Street
Bus stop Railway Tce NightRide
Bus stop near Pitt Street Hopkinsons
- 802 - to Parramatta via Pitt Street
- 803 - to Parramatta via Pitt Street
- 804 - to Parramatta via Pitt Street
- 809 - to Parramatta via Pitt Street
Neighbouring stations 
|Preceding station||CityRail||Following station|
See also 
- "Main South Line". NSWrail.net. Retrieved 31 January 2007.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.