|Directed by||Rajendra Singh Babu|
B. C. Patil
Mahakshatriya (Kannada: ಮಹಾಕ್ಷತ್ರಿಯ, Great Warrior) is a 1994 Indian Kannada film directed by Rajendra Singh Babu, starring Vishnuvardhan, Sonu Walia, Ramkumar, Sudha Rani, Shankar Ashwath and B. C. Patil. It got censored on 27 May 1994 and got a "U" certificate. Rajendra Singh Babu won Best Director Filmfare award.
The story revolves around a young man who is short tempered but good at heart. He's in prison for committing a murder. The prison officer helps him in becoming a good man by doing good deeds.
This film is well known for the hugely popular philosophical song "Ee Bhoomi Bannada Buguri", sung by SP Balasubrahmanyam. Hamsalekha composed the lyrics and music for this song. This song has also been picturised very well in the film.
- "Ee Bhoomi Bannada Buguri" - S. P. Balasubramanyam
- "Tavare Kendavare" - K. S. Chitra, S. P. Balasubramanyam
- "Yenaithi Olage Yenaithi" - Malgudi Subha, C. Ashwath
- "Chumbana Chumbana" - K. S. Chitra
- "O Prema O Prema" - K. S. Chitra, S. P. Balasubramanyam
- "Central Board of Film Certification". Retrieved 1 July 2012.
|This article about a Kannada film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|