Map of Compostela Valley with Maco highlighted
|Region||Davao (Region XI)|
|District||2nd district of Compostela Valley|
|Established||June 17, 1967|
|• Mayor||Alvera Veronica Rimando- Arancon M.D (Aksyon Demokratiko)|
|• Vice Mayor||Arthur Carlos Voltaire R. Rimando (Aksyon Demokratiko)|
|• Total||342.23 km2 (132.14 sq mi)|
|• Density||210/km2 (550/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Maco is a first class municipality in the province of Compostela Valley, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 72,235 people. It was formerly part of the Municipality of Mabini before becoming an independent municipality in June 17, 1967.
- Elizalde (Somil)
- Pangi (Gaudencio Antonio)
- New Asturias
- San Juan
- San Roque
- New Barili
- New Leyte
- New Visayas
|Population census of Maco|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Festivals and events
- Fiesta ng Maco
- is celebrated every last Saturday of the month of June honoring "Inahan sa Kanunay'ng Panabang" (Mother of Perpetual Help).
- Kaimonan Festival
- is an annual festival that starts on June 17 to the last Saturday of the same month. Kaimonan is a mansaka term for "thanksgiving".
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: COMPOSTELA VALLEY". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Executive Order No. 128: Creating the Municipality of Maco in the Province of Davao" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Events and Festivals: June". Philippine Department of Tourism. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
||Mawab / Nabunturan||New Bataan|
|Tagum, Davao del Norte||Maragusan|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.