|Universiteti i Shkodrës "Luigj Gurakuqi"|
It has 6 faculties, 15 branches, 14 departments and more than 140 professors.
It has been the major institution of higher education in the region, especially in the technical and scientific disciplines.
In 1992, the university received permission from the government to initiate the development of the Faculty of Economics, with responsibilities for emphasizing market economics, management, and business administration. Menduh Derguti, rector of the University of Shkodra in 1992, asked the University of Nebraska–Lincoln to help develop its curriculum in market economics and business management. Derguti attended training seminars provided by the UNL team in September 1992. As a result, the rector, Dr. Gjovalin Kolombi, established the Faculty of Economics.
In 2002, the university received permission from the government to initiate computer science courses. The courses are being helped by HAN University, Netherlands.
The university has the Luigj Gurakuqi University Library.
There were more than 10,000 students studying in 2007, in six faculties:
- Faculty of Social Sciences (Fakulteti i Shkencave Shoqërore)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (Fakulteti i Shkencave Natyrore)
- Faculty of Education Sciences (Fakulteti i Shkencave të Edukimit)
- Faculty of Economy (Fakulteti Ekonomik)
- Faculty of Law (Fakulteti i Drejtësisë)
- Faculty of Foreign Languages (Fakulteti i Gjuhëve të Huaja)
- Balkan Universities Network
- List of universities in Albania
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015)|
|This Albanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.