This is a list of museums that include submarines that can either be toured or viewed on display.
- 1 Australia
- 2 Belgium
- 3 Brazil
- 4 Canada
- 5 Croatia
- 6 Estonia
- 7 Finland
- 8 France
- 9 Germany
- 10 Guam
- 11 India
- 12 Indonesia
- 13 Israel
- 14 Italy
- 15 Japan
- 16 Malaysia
- 17 Netherlands
- 18 Pakistan
- 19 Peru
- 20 Russia
- 21 South Korea
- 22 Sweden
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Turkey
- 25 United Kingdom
- 26 United States
- 27 See also
- 28 References
- 29 External links
- HMAS Onslow — Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1968.
- HMAS Otway — Holbrook, New South Wales, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1966.
- HMAS Ovens — Western Australian Maritime Museum, Fremantle, Australia - Oberon-class sub. Launched 1967.
- M-14/M-21 — Australian War Memorial, Canberra, Australia – a Japanese Ko-hyoteki class midget submarine made out of two sunk during a raid on Sydney Harbour in 1942
- M-21 conning tower — on display at the Royal Australian Navy Heritage Centre on Garden Island.
- B-821 (sometimes called B-143) — Seafront Zeebrugge, Zeebrugge, Belgium - Foxtrot-class sub. Launched 1960.
Riachuelo (Oberon class submarine) - Navy Cultural Centre in Rio de Janeiro - Brazilian submarine Riachuelo (S22), Launched in 1975, decommissioned 1997.
- RV Ben Franklin — Vancouver Maritime Museum, Vancouver, BC, Canada - Deep ocean explorer
- HMCS Onondaga (S73) - Oberon class — Site Historique Maritime de la Pointe-au-Père, Pointe-au-Père (near Rimouski) Quebec, Canada
- HMCS Ojibwa (S72) - Oberon class - sold to Elgin Military Museum in Port Burwell, Ontario; currently being restored and opened for tours officially as Museum of Naval History on July 6, 2013
- Le Redoutable (S 611) — Cité de la Mer, Cherbourg — Missile-launching nuclear submarine.
- Alose — exhibited at Comex's headquarters, Marseille — Naïade-class submarine of 1904.
- Argonaute (S636) — Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, Paris — 1959 Aréthuse class submarine.
- Espadon S637 — Saint-Nazaire — French Narval-class submarine, launched 1958.
- Flore S645 — Keroman Submarine Base, Lorient — French Daphnee-class submarine, launched 1961.
- U-1 — Deutsches Museum, Munich, Germany — first German military submarine, commissioned 1906.
- U-995 — Laboe, Germany — only surviving Type VII U-boat
- U-2540 — Bremerhaven, Germany - Deutsches Schiffahrtsmuseum (German Maritime Museum German submarine Wilhelm Bauer) — only surviving Type XXI U-boat
- HMS OTUS (S-18) — British Oberon-Class Submarine, launched 1963 - Sassnitz, Germany 
- U-461 — Russian Juliett-Class (Projekt 651) Cold War Submarine - Peenemünde, Germany 
- U-434 — Russian Tango-Class (Projekt 641b) Cold War Submarine - Hamburg Harbour, Germany 
- U-9 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine and German WWII Midget-Submarine "Seehund" - Speyer Technik-Museum, Germany 
- U-10 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine - Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- U-11 — German 1960s Cold War Submarine - Fehmarn, Germany 
- HA-51 — Japanese Type 'C' Midget Submarine, discovered in shallow waters off Togcha beach near Talofofo, Guam. The two crew members surrendered three days later. Now at National Park Service T. Stell Newman Visitor Center, Guam.
- KRI Pasopati (410) — Indonesian Navy Submarine Monument, Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia — Early Cold War Soviet Whiskey class submarine. Launched 1952. 
- INS Gal — Clandestine Immigration and Navy Museum, Haifa, Israel - Gal-class sub. Launched 1975.
- Enrico Toti (S-506) — Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia "Leonardo da Vinci", Milan, Italy - Toti-class sub. Launched 1967.
- Nazario Sauro (S-518) — Galata - Museo del mare, Genoa, Italy - Sauro-class sub. Launched 1976.
- Andrea Provana (PR) conning tower — Associazione nazionale marinai d'Italia, Turin, Italy - Barbarigo-class sub. Launched 1918
- JDS Akishio — JMSDF Kure Museum, Kure, Japan - Yushio-class sub. Launched 1985.
- HA-18 — Japanese Type 'A' Midget Submarine, used at Pearl Harbor, TH, 7 December 1941. Now at The Naval History Museum, Etajima, Japan.
- HNLMS Tonijn (S-805) — Dutch Naval Museum, Den Helder, The Netherlands - Potvis-class sub. Launched 1965.
- PNS Hangor (S131) - Pakistan Maritime Museum, Karachi, Pakistan - Daphné class submarine (French built) that served in the Pakistan Navy from 1970 to 2006. She was the first (and one of only two) submarine after World War II which sank enemy warship - Indian Navy's anti-submarine frigate INS Khukri, in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War.
- BAP Abtao — Peruvian Naval Museum, Callao, Peru — BAP Abtao (SS-42) Abtao-class submarine of the Peruvian Navy. Launched in 1954.
- Museum of Russian Submarine Forces at 83, Kondratiyeskiy prospekt, St. Petersburg.
- D-2 Narodovolets Submarine — Located at 10 Shkipersky Protok, Vasilyevsky Island, St. Petersburg. Launched 1994.
- S-56 — WWII submarine in Vladivostok.
- S-189 — Located at Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment in St. Petersburg.
- M-261 — Quebec-class submarine in Krasnodar.
- B-307 — Tango-class submarine in Togliatti.
- B-396 — Tango-class submarine, Museum of Submarine Navy, Moscow. Launched 1980.
- B-413 — Foxtrot-class submarine in Museum of the World Ocean, Kaliningrad. Launched 1969.
- B-440 — Foxtrot-class submarine in Vytegra.
- Museum of Submarine Armaments at Gidropribor production facility in Saint Petersburg (Russian homepage - http://www.gidropribor.ru/index.php?id=16, info in Rus. also at http://www.missiles.ru/foto_Gidropribor.htm)
- Sang-O class submarine - 1996 Gangneung submarine infiltration incident - located at Gangneung Unification Park.
- HMS Hajen — The Naval Museum, Karlskrona, Sweden - Holland type submarine. Launched 1904.
- HMS Neptun — The Naval Museum, Karlskrona, Sweden - Näcken type submarine. Launched 1980. (Open to the public starting summer of 2014).
- HMS Nordkaparen — Maritiman, Göteborg, Sweden - Draken II class submarine. Launched 1962.
- HMS U3 — House of Science and Maritime History, Malmö, Sweden - Kustubåt (littoral submarine) class submarine. Launched 1942.
- Mesoscaphe Auguste Piccard — Swiss Transport Museum, Lucerne — First tourist submarine
- F.-A. Forel — La Maison de la Rivière — Tolochenaz — Submersible
- SM UB-46 — the Dardanelles Naval Museum at Çanakkale — a Type UB II U-boat for the Imperial German Navy
- TCG Uluçalireis — Istanbul, Rahmi M. Koc Museum – BALAO/TENCH-class former US Navy Submarine USS Thornback (SS-418) Launched 1944
- Royal Navy Submarine Museum, Gosport, Hampshire
- HMS Alliance — Amphion-class submarine. Launched 1947
- Biber 105 — German midget submarine
- Holland 1 — first Royal Navy submarine. Launched 1901
- HMS X24 — X class submarine of WWII. Launched 1943
- LR3 (submersible) — Ocean survey and repair submersible 1982
- HMS E17 conning tower is preserved as a monument.
- HMS Ocelot — Chatham Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent — Oberon-class submarine. Launched 1962
- Biber 90 — Imperial War Museum, London — German midget submarine
- U-534 — German Type IXC/40, Birkenhead, Merseyside.
- Bayou St. John submarine — Louisiana State Museum–Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge, Louisiana — Early Confederate States of America sub of uncertain origin.
- CSS Hunley, Confederate submarine — Warren Lasch Conservation Center, North Charleston, South Carolina. Launched 1863
- Paterson Museum, Paterson, New Jersey
- Holland sub #1 — J. P. Holland's first experimental sub. Launched 1878.
- Fenian Ram — J. P. Holland's second experimental sub. Launched 1881.
- U.S. Navy Submarine Force Museum, Groton, Connecticut
- Siluro San Bartolomeo — Italian submersible. WWII Early 1940s.
- HA-8 — Japanese Type "A" Ko-Hyoteki-class sub. WWII Early 1940s.
- USS Nautilus — Nautilus-class sub - first US nuclear sub. Launched 1954.
- USS George Washington - First US nuclear-powered ballistic missile sub - sail showing hull number 598 on outdoor display near entrance. Launched 1959
- USS X-1 — research midget submarine. Launched 1955.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego, San Diego, California
- New Jersey Naval Museum — Hackensack, New Jersey
- Naval Undersea Museum, Keyport, Washington
- B-427 — Long Beach, California — Soviet Foxtrot (641)-class sub (renamed Scorpion).
- National Museum of the Pacific War, Fredericksburg, Texas
- HA-19 — Japanese Type 'A' Midget Submarine. WWII Early 1940s, beached at Pearl Harbor, TH, 7 December 1941.
- USS Pintado — Conning tower on display in the Memorial Courtyard
- Intelligent Whale — National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey, Sea Girt, New Jersey — experimental hand-cranked submarine. Launched 1863.
- Juliett 484 (K-77/B-77) — Collier Point Park, Providence, Rhode Island — Soviet guided missile sub. Launched 1965. The sub was scrapped in 2009 after no one bought the sub after it sank and was recovered.
- U-505 — Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois — German type IXC U-boat - captured in WWII. Launched 1941.
- Seawolf Park, Galveston, Texas
- Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park, Buffalo, New York.
- Conventional Submarines
- USS Albacore — Albacore Park and Museum, Portsmouth, New Hampshire — Research Sub - First US teardrop hull. Launched 1953.
- USS Batfish — War Memorial Park, Muskogee, Oklahoma — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Balao — Conning tower at the Navy Memorial Museum, Washington, DC.
- USS Baya — Periscope at the Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum, Vallejo, California.
- USS Becuna — Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1944.
- USS Blueback — OMSI Museum, Portland, Oregon — last US Navy non-nuclear sub. Launched 1959.
- USS Bowfin — USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, Honolulu, Hawaii — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1942.
- USS Clamagore — Patriots Point Maritime Museum, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1945.
- USS Cobia — Wisconsin Maritime Museum, Manitowoc, Wisconsin — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Cod — National Historic Landmark, Cleveland Ohio — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Drum — Battleship Memorial Park, Mobile, Alabama — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1941.
- USS Flasher — Conning tower at the WWII National Submarine Memorial - East, Groton, CT.
- USS Growler — Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, New York — Grayback/Regulus II-class sub. Launched 1958.
- USS Lionfish — Battleship Cove Museum, Fall River, Massachusetts — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Marlin — Freedom Park, Omaha, Nebraska — T-1-class training submarine. Launched 1953.
- USS Pampanito — S. F. Maritime National Park, San Francisco, California — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1943.
- USS Parche — conning tower barrel, bridge structure, shears, and upper gun at the Naval Submarine Base, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- USS Razorback — Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum, North Little Rock, Arkansas — WWII Balao-class sub. Launched 1944.
- USS Requin — Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — WWII Tench-class sub. Launched 1945.
- USS Sailfish — bridge and conning tower at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, Maine
- USS Silversides — Naval & Maritime Museum, Muskegon, Michigan — WWII Gato-class sub. Launched 1941.
- USS Tambor — Periscope on display the Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit, Michigan
- USS Torsk — Baltimore Maritime Museum, Baltimore, Maryland — Tench-class sub. Launched 1944. Sank Last Combatant Japanese ships in WWII.
- Nuclear Submarines
- USS George Bancroft — sail is on display at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia.
- USS George Washington — Sail at the Submarine Force Library and Museum, Groton, Connecticut
- USS Grayling
- USS Hawkbill — Sail at Arco, Idaho
- USS Lewis and Clark — Sail and upper rudder at Patriots Point, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- USS Mariano G. Vallejo — Sail at Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, California
- USS Nathanael Greene — Sail on display in Port Canaveral, Florida
- USS Omaha — Sail, rudder, and hull mockup at Levi Carter Park, Omaha, Nebraska (proposed)
- USS Woodrow Wilson — Sail at Naval Base Kitsap, Bangor, Washington
- Музей подводного флота России (Подводная лодка) (Museum of Submarine Navy of Russia)
- Submarine museum of the world, map
- Historical Naval Ships Association
- The Rahmi M Koç Museum
- U. S. Navy Submarine Force Museum
- Patterson Museum
- WWII U.S. Submarine Memorials and Museums
- Museum submarines in the United States
- Indonesian Navy Submarine Monument
- CB-20 midget submarine page
- 1996 North Korean Gangneung submarine infiltration incident museum pictures and information
- Picture and location of HA-51
- Melaka Bandaraya Warisan Dunia Museum Submarine Melaka
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.