This is a list of all countries and dependent territories by total fertility rate (TFR): the expected number of children born per woman in her child-bearing years.
The UN ranking is sourced from the United Nations World Population Prospects. Figures are from the 2006 revision of the United Nations World Population Prospects report, for the period 2000-2005 and 2005–2010, using the medium assumption. Only countries/territories with a population of 100,000 or more in 2007 are included. Rank is based on 2005-2010 figure.
The CIA ranking is sourced from the CIA World Factbook unless otherwise specified. Sovereign states and countries are ranked. Some countries might not be listed because they are not fully recognized as countries at the time of this census.
|2009 List by the United Nations||2014 List by the CIA World Factbook||2013 List by the World Bank|
- Note: the only recognized and independent country that is missing from this list is Vatican City.
- Total fertility rate
- List of people with the most children
- List of population concern organizations
- Population growth
- Sub-replacement fertility
- Fertility and intelligence
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2007). "United Nations World Population Prospects: 2006 revision, Table A.15". New York: UN. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- The World Factbook - Total Fertility Rate
- World Bank - Total Fertility Rate
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.