||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)
This is a list of Brazilian scientists, those born in Brazil or who have established citizenship or residency there.
- Adib Jatene, heart surgeon
- Adolfo Lutz, physician and pioneer of public health
- Adolpho Ducke, Croatian-Brazilian biologist; zoologist; entomologist; botanist
- Alberto Santos-Dumont, aviator and inventor.
- Alexander Kellner, Liechtensteinian/Brazilian paleontologist.
- André Rebouças (1838–1898), pioneer engineer, brother of Antônio Rebouças Filho.
- Ângelo Moreira da Costa Lima (1887–1964), Brazilian; doctor; entomologist.
- Aristides Leão, physician and physiologist, discovered Leão's depression, a phenomenon of nervous tissue
- Aziz Ab'Saber - geographer; geologist; ecologist recognized for the Theory of Refuges and Amazon studies. Former president of the SBPC.
- Bartolomeu de Gusmão, Brazilian Catholic priest, pioneer of aviation, the inventor of the balloon, he became known as the "flying priest"
- Carlos Augusto Bertulani, Brazilian physicist.
- Carlos Chagas Filho, physician and physiologist, former presidente of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, former president of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. Son of Carlos Chagas.
- Carlos Chagas, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; public health worker
- Carlos Paz de Araújo, Brazilian scientist and inventor, he holds nearly 600 patents in the area of nanotechnology
- Celso Furtado, noted economist and ideologue of economy of developing nations
- César Lattes, experimental physicist, co-discoverer of the pion, a type of subatomic particle, first president of the Brazilian National Research Council
- Daniel Martins-de-Souza, Brazilian biologist; biochemist
- Domingos Soares Ferreira Penna, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; naturalist
- Eduardo Krieger, physician and physiologist, former president of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences
- Emmanuel Dias-Neto, Brazilian biologist and geneticist; described the sequencing methodology ORESTES
- Émil Göldi, Swiss-Brazilian biologist; zoologist; naturalist
- Ennio Candotti, physicist and scientific leader
- Euryclides Zerbini, heart surgeon, pioneer of first heart transplant in Brazil
- Evandro Chagas, physician and biomedical scientist specialized in tropical medicine. Son of Carlos Chagas.
- Fernando Flávio Marques de Almeida, Brazilian geologist
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso, sociologist and former President
- Florestan Fernandes (1920–1995), father of Brazilian sociology
- Fritz Müller, German-Brazilian biologist; zoologist; botanist; naturalist; entomologist
- Gauss Moutinho Cordeiro, Brazilian mathematician and statistician
- Gilberto Freyre (1900–1987), historiographer and sociologist
- Gilberto Righi, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; specialist on earthworms
- Helmut Sick, German-Brazilian biologist; zoologist; ornithologist
- Henrique da Rocha Lima was a Brazilian physician, pathologist and infectologist, he discovered Rickettsia prowazekii, the pathogen of epidemic typhus
- Hércules Florence, pioneer of photography
- Ivan Izquierdo, physician and neuroscientist. Discovered neural mechanisms of memory
- Jacob Palis, mathematician of international fame, current president of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences
- Jacques Hüber, Swiss-Brazilian biologist; botanist
- Jayme Tiomno, experimental and theoretical nuclear physicist
- Jean Paul Jacob, Brazilian electronic engineer, researcher and professor, research manager at the Almaden IBM Research Center, California
- Jorge Stolfi, computer scientist, professor at UNICAMP
- José Aristodemo Pinotti, physician and gynecologist, former president of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- José Cândido de Melo Carvalho, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; entomologist
- José Goldemberg, physicist, former Minister of Science & Technology and Dean of the University of São Paulo
- José Leite Lopes, theoretical physicist
- José Lutzenberger (1926–2002), ecologist and zoologist
- José Márcio Ayres, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; primatologist
- José Reis, biologist, greatest Brazilian science writer
- Lotar Siewerdt, Brazilian agronomist; forage production
- Manuel de Abreu, physician, inventor of abreugraphy (mass radiography of the lungs for screening tuberculosis)
- Manuel Augusto Pirajá da Silva, he was responsible for the identification and complete description of the pathogenic agent and the pathophysiological cycle of Schistosomiasis disease
- Marcelo Gleiser, physicist, writer and professor of physics and astronomy at the Dartmouth College since 1991
- Marcia Barbosa, Brazilian physicist
- Marcos Pontes, first Brazilian astronaut, Expedition 13
- Mário Schenberg, theoretical physicist
- Maurício Rocha e Silva, physician and pharmacologist, discovered bradykinin, an active cardiovascular peptide
- Maurício Peixoto, he was a Brazilian engineer who pursued a bright career as a mathematician, he pioneered the studies on structural stability, and is the author of Peixoto's theorem.
- Mayana Zatz, biologist and geneticist
- Miguel Nicolelis, neuroscientist, one of Scientific American's best scientists of 2004
- Milton Santos (1926–2001), geographer, he won the Vautrin Lud International Geography Prize- the highest award that can be gained in the field of geography.
- Newton da Costa (1929), mathematician and logician, recognised for his works in paraconsistent logic
- Nise da Silveira (1905–1999), psychiatrist and mental health reformer
- Oswaldo Cruz, physician and public health champion, eliminated yellow fever, bubonic plague and smallpox in Rio de Janeiro at the turn of the 20th century
- Paulo Emílio Vanzolini, Brazilian biologist; zoologist; herpetologist
- Roberto Landell de Moura, pioneer of telephony
- Sérgio Henrique Ferreira, physician and pharmacologist, discovered the active principle of a drug for hypertension
- Thaisa Storchi Bergmann, astrophysicist at the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
- Vera Cordeiro, social entrepreneur and physician
- Vital Brazil, physician and scientist, discoverer of the antivenom for snakes and other venomous animals
- Wagner Farid Gattaz, physician and scientist, member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences.
- Warwick Estevam Kerr, geneticist, researcher on the biology and genetics of bees
- Wilson Teixeira Beraldo, co-discoverer of bradykinin
Foreign scientists and engineers who lived or live in Brazil
- Carl August Wilhelm Schwacke, German botanist
- Charles Frederick Hartt, Canadian-American geologist and paleontologist
- Claude Lévi-Strauss, French anthropologist
- Émil Goeldi, Swiss naturalist
- Emmanuel Liais, French astronomer and naturalist
- Friedrich Sellow, German botanist
- Fritz Müller, German naturalist
- Fritz Köberle, Austrian physician and pathologist
- Gregory Chaitin, Argentine-American mathematician
- Grigori Ivanovitch Langsdorff, German/Russian naturalist
- Giuseppe Occhialini, Italian physicist
- Gleb Wataghin, Ukrainian/Italian physicist
- Heinz Ebert, German geologist
- Helmut Sick, German zoologist
- Hermann von Ihering, German naturalist
- Louis Couty, French physiologist and pharmacologist
- Lucien Lison, Belgian anatomist
- Ludwig Riedel, German botanist
- Miguel Rolando Covian, Argentinian physiologist
- Orville Adalbert Derby, American geologist
- Oscar Sala, Italian nuclear physicist
- Richard Feynman, American physicist
- David Bohm American physicist
- Luigi Fantappiè Italian mathematician
- Peter Szatmari Hungarian geologist
Tick saliva could hold cancer cure: Brazilian scientists
It may be one of nature's repulsive little blood-sucking parasites, but the humble tick could yield a future cure for cancers of the skin, liver and pancreas...
Brazil dolphin is first new river species since 1918
Scientists in Brazil have discovered the first new river dolphin species since the end of World War One. TAGS: abc breaking news, bbc, bbc football, bbc ipla...
Inia Araguaiaensis, Nueva Especie de Delfín de río encuentrado en Brazil, Nuevos Delfines, Novos
http://megalegit.com/extraterrestrial/ Inia Araguaiaensis, Nueva Especie de Delfín de río encuentrado en Brazil, Nuevos Delfines. Enero 22, 2014 Nova espécie...
Giant Squid Discovered on Spanish Beach
Beach goers found a 30-foot Giant Squid washed ashore on the Spanish Beach of Cantabria, Spain. This 400 pound giant squid footage is a rare find as these de...
Ilha de Queimada Grande (Snake Island), Brazil
A fisherman found dead with blood on his ship because snakes attack, and a family killed by a snake attack in the night. Wait, this is not a description of t...
25 Most Endangered Species On Earth
Tweet this video! - http://clicktotweet.com/_hP1S Although scientists estimate that there could be upwards of 30 million animal species on the planet, a numb...
Penis Snake Discovered In Brazil
FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT JOIN OurMillennnium http://www.facebook.com/OurMillennium No, we're not attempting to sensationalize our posts (although it does garne...
100 Chillout Classics The World's Best Chillout Album Part 1 - OFFICIAL VIDEO (HD)
Full Official Album now available at i-Tunes http://www.smarturl.it/z95ht7 Also available on Spotify http://open.spotify.com/album/13vANg5vnlZn98kGtLXUBM Tra...
TOP 10 FREE HORROR GAMES!
Fridays With PewDiepie... on a Thursday! All download links and videos down below vv Kraven Manor ▻http://bit.ly/KravenManorDL Haunt ▻ http://bit.ly/HauntDL ...
Dolphins CAN learn to call each other by unique names
Scientists have found further evidence that dolphins call each other by "name". Research has revealed that the marine mammals use a unique whistle to identif...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "List of Brazilian scientists" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about List of Brazilian scientists with people all over the world in our discussions.