||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Lisa Miskovsky live at Stadsfesten Skellefteå 2007.
|Birth name||Lisa Miskovsky|
|Born||9 March 1975|
|Instruments||piano, acoustic and electric guitar|
Lisa Miskovsky quickly placed herself on the Swedish rock music charts with her debut album Lisa Miskovsky and single "Driving One of Your Cars", with Swedish releases in 2001. Following this release, she received two Swedish Rock Bear awards; one for Best Swedish Newcomer, and the other for Best Swedish Female Artist of the Year. She followed up her musical success with the album Fallingwater, released in 2003, which quickly climbed to number one in the Swedish pop charts, even reaching platinum sales. The album's success came greatly from two of its songs "Lady Stardust" and "Sing To Me" which both became hits. "Lady Stardust" was also a radio hit in countries like Germany and the United Kingdom.
Lisa contributed vocals to the track "Dead End" on Come Clarity, the 2006 release from Swedish melodic death metal outfit In Flames. However, she does not actually appear in the band's special edition DVD included in Come Clarity. Instead, her part is lipsync'd by one of In Flames' roadies.
Lisa performed the theme song "Still Alive" for Mirror's Edge (Not to be confused with a song from Portal - of the same name, which was sung by Ellen McLain), a first person action-adventure video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE). A remix album titled Still Alive - the Remixes was released on 11 November 2008 to coincide with the North American release date of Mirror's Edge. The album featured Miskovsky's original version, along with remixes by Benny Benassi, Junkie XL, Paul van Dyk, Armand Van Helden, and Teddybears.
Lisa entered Melodifestivalen 2012, the Swedish preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 with the song "Why Start A Fire." Lisa competed in the fourth semi final and placed in the top 2 songs of the heat. As a result, Lisa has competed at the grand final in Stockholm on 10th March 2012 where she finished 9th.
Personal Life 
Studio albums 
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or not released to that country|
Compilation albums 
|2008||Last Year's Songs: Greatest Hits
|Sweden Top 60|
|2001||"Driving One of Your Cars"||Lisa Miskovsky||14|
|2004||"Sing to Me"||26|
|"Brand New Day"||59|
|2008||"Another Shape of My Heart"||Last Year's Songs: Greatest Hits||45|
|"Still Alive"||Mirror's Edge||29|
|2011||"Got A Friend"||-|
|2012||"Why Start A Fire"||15|
- 2005 - kent - Max 500 (vocals for 'Välgärningar & Illdåd')
- 2006 - In Flames - Come Clarity (vocals for 'Dead End')
- 2008 - Still Alive (Theme for the video game Mirror's Edge) #8 UK Indie chart #96 UK chart #23 Billboard Hot Dance Club Play
- "Original Idea to "Shape of My Heart"". Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "DICE Announces Mirror’s Edge Remix Album Hitting Airwaves This November". Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Lisa Miskovsky 30 år". Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "swedishcharts.com - Discography Lisa Miskovsky". Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Lisa Miskovsky" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013. "Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information"
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Fallingwater" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013. "Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky - Fallingwater" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information"
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Changes" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013. "Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky - Changes" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information"
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
swedishcharts(see the help page).
Cite error: Invalid
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Lisa Miskovsky|