Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester
|Number of locations||10|
Legoland Discovery Centre is an indoor family attraction chain operated by Merlin Entertainments, a subsidiary of the Blackstone Group. Featuring models and attractions inspired by the Lego building toys, the Discovery Centres are smaller versions of the Legoland theme parks located around the world.
A typical Legoland Discovery Centre occupies approximately 30,000–35,000 square feet (2,790–3,250 m2) of floor area. Like the larger Legoland parks, Discovery Centres include "Miniland" attractions, which feature models of local landmarks rendered in Lego bricks. Visitors can also learn how the Lego bricks are manufactured or take part in classes taught by model builders. Locations may also include localized attractions and 4-D movie theatres. All attractions are included in the admission cost to the Centre.
A number of children's attractions, such as small roller coasters and play fortresses, are also available. The Centres can host birthday parties as well as scholastic and group functions and also include restaurants and gift shops selling Lego merchandise.
The target audience for the Legoland Discovery Centre is families with young children, normally ages 3 through 12; though a typical location's average guest is about seven years of age. Discovery Centres are located near other family-friendly attractions and dining establishments. In a given year, a single facility can host approximately 400,000 to 600,000 visitors.
- Legoland Discovery Centre Berlin at Potsdamer Straße, Berlin, Germany
- Legoland Discovery Centre Oberhausen, Germany (opened 14th March 2013)
- Legoland Discovery Center Chicago at Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
- Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Legoland Discovery Center Kansas City at Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- Legoland Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth at Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, Texas, United States
- Legoland Discovery Centre Westchester at Yonkers, New York, United States
- Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester at Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- Legoland Discovery Center Tokyo (レゴランド·ディスカバリー·センター Regorando· disukabarī· sentā ) at Minato, Tokyo, Japan.
- Legoland Discovery Centre Toronto at Vaughan Mills, Toronto, Canada
Former Legoland Discovery Centres:
- Legoland Discovery Centre Duisburg at Duisburg, Germany
Future locations 
- Rachel Tobin Ramos (2009-10-23). "Legoland scouting Atlanta sites. Is a wax museum next?". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Andrew Herrmann (2008-06-15). "A little local Legoland headed our way". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Paul R. Taylor (2009-07-01). "Legoland to open at Trafford Centre". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Terry Pristin (2009-05-19). "At $2.3 Billion, This Mall Could Be Too Big to Fail". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Legoland Discovery Centre|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.