|L. Whitney Clayton|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|March 31, 2001|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|Presidency of the Seventy|
|April 5, 2008|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Lyndon Whitney Clayton III
February 24, 1950
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
|Spouse(s)||Kathy Ann Kipp|
Lyndon Whitney Clayton III (born February 24, 1950) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2001 and a member of the church's Presidency of the Seventy since 2008.
Clayton was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and attended the University of Utah. He served as a full-time missionary of the LDS Church in Peru. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in finance and earned a law degree at the University of the Pacific. Clayton was a partner in the Newport Beach, California–based law firm of Call, Clayton and Jensen.
Clayton married Kathy Ann Kipp in the Salt Lake Temple on August 3, 1973, and they are the parents of seven children.
Clayton served previously in the LDS Church as a bishop, stake high councilor, counselor in a mission presidency, regional representative, and area seventy. At the time of his call as an area seventy, Clayton was living in Irvine, California.
Clayton was called a general authority and member of the First Quorum of the Seventy in 2001. Previous assignments as a general authority have included serving as both a counselor and as president of the church's South America South Area and as an Assistant Executive Director of the Family and Church History Department. When Clayton was called to the Presidency of the Seventy on April 5, 2008, he was assigned supervisory responsibility for the church's North America West and North America Northwest areas. Since January 2012, he has supervised the church's work in the three geographical areas within Utah.
- "L. Whitney Clayton". Grampa Bill.
- New General Authorities: He learned priceless lessons of family, hard work and prayer, Church News, 14 April 2001
- Church names Area Authorities, Church News, 5 August 1995.
- Ensign, August 2008, pp. 78-79.
- First Presidency Announces Changes, Church News archives, 11 February 2012.
- "Elder L. Whitney Clayton Of the Seventy," Ensign, May 2001, p. 104
- "Elder L. Whitney Clayton," Liahona, May 2008, p. 133
- "General Authorities: Elder L. Whitney Clayton", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: L. Whitney Clayton