|Kuchh Is Tara|
Intertitle of Kuchh Is Tara
|Format||Indian Soap Opera
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Written by||Story & Screenplay
|Directed by||Ravindra Gautam, Kavel Sethi, Fahad Kashmiri & Vicky Chauhan|
|Creative director(s)||Prashant Bhatt & Sanchita Mishra|
|Opening theme||"Kuchh Is Tara" by Pamela Jain|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||160|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma & Santosh Badal|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original channel||Sony TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||November 26, 2007 – August 28, 2008|
Kuchh Is Tara is an Indian television series that aired on Sony TV and quickly gained popularity until it was axed by SET Asia (Sony TV) for no reason. The series aired every Monday-Thursday at 6:00pm from November 2007 to August 2008.
Kanya Godbole, who hails from a middle-class family, tries to help her hotel employer by pretending to be her daughter and sign a contract on their behalf for a merger. But she falls in love with a wealthy young man named Ayan Nanda. She doesn't disclose her status to him out of fear that he wouldn't want to pursue a relationship with her. She later decides to tell him the truth in a letter, but it never reaches him. The truth comes out shortly before their engagement, and Ayan's mother forces him to end things with Kanya. During her brief relationship with Ayan, Kanya meets his young cynical uncle Ranbir. The two of them get off to a bad start and bicker back and forth every time they come face to face.
Ranbir is still single because he has detested the concept of love all his life. Tired of his constant refusal to marry, his mother gives him an ultimatum — unless he finds a wife within the next three days, she will disinherit him. He is advised to marry Kanya; though he and Kanya are outraged at this, they agree nevertheless: He wants to save his wealth, and she wants to uphold her family's reputation (as people were accusing her of seducing Aayan for money). A lot of amusing moments follow Ranbir and Kanya's wedding. When they are alone, they spend all their time mocking each other; in front of family, they pretend to be madly in love. Kanya's high-spirited maid Shanta Tai is amongst the few who know about the farce marriage between Ranbir/Kanya. Shanta Tai(/Bai) always has antics up her sleeve to irritate Ranbir and have a good laugh after it.
Soon, it is revealed that Kanya suffers from multiple personality disorder. Her alter ego is called Natasha, a die-hard feminist who would go to any lengths to ensure that justice is served to oppressed and abused women — even if it means murder. Whenever Kanya sees flames or fire anywhere, she turns into Natasha. Ranbir is determined to find out who she really is, so he writes Natasha a letter claiming that a man named Ranbir Nanda is mistreating his wife. This way, he believes she would pursue him and he'd be able to see her face. Sure enough, Natasha makes him her next target.
Meanwhile, Ranbir and Kanya slowly begin to fall in love. They finally proclaim their love for each other after everybody comes to know about their marriage of convenience. One night, Ranbir finally comes to know that Kanya is Natasha. However, he assures Kanya's worried parents that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her no matter what. Ranbir and Kanya have a lavish wedding and take their vows again. Ranbir invites a London-based psychiatrist named Akshay to treat Kanya. However, Akshay has other plans — he wants Ranbir and Kanya to split up. Akshay hints that Natasha isn't Kanya's alter ego--but the other way around. Kanya was adopted by her parents; before that, she supposedly lived in London as Natasha and was in a relationship with him. To win her back, he begins to create situations where Kanya would see fire.
Akshay elopes with Natasha, leaving Ranbir devastated. Just as everyone is lamenting losing Kanya, she shows up in front of them. Shanta Tai smugly explains that she went to London and met one of Akshay's colleagues, who told her everything about Akshay's past with Natasha. Shanta Bai managed to stop Akshay and Natasha on their way to the airport by attacking Akshay and bringing Kanya back. A psychiatrist states that Kanya's condition is treatable but will take time. The show ends with Ranbir and Kanya's reunion.
- Dimple Jhangiani as Kanya Godbole-Nanda/Natasha
- Akashdeep Saigal as Ranbir Nanda (Kanya's husband)
- Vishal Singh as Aayan Nanda (Ranbir's nephew)
- Jatin Shah as Akshay (Natasha's lover)
- Pragti Mehra as Avantika Nanda (Mallika's Older sister-in-law, Mother of Aditya and Siddharth, she appears in only the 1st few episodes)
- Sudha Chandran/Anju Mahendru as Mallika Nanda (Ranbir's mother, Kanya's mother-in-law)
- Rajendra Gupta as Anand Godbole (Kanya's dad)
- Jayati Bhatia as Pammi Godbole (Kanya's mom)
- Tarana Raja as Pooja Godbole (Kanya's older sister)
- Usha Nadkarni as Shanta Taai (maid of the Godbole house, like a family member)
- Sooraj Thapar as Aditya Nanda (Ranbir's older cousin brother, who always helps Ranbir)
- Shivangi Tomar as Reva Nanda (Ranbir's sister-in-law, Siddharth's, she is only interested in money)
- Parag Tyagi as Siddharth Nanda (Ranbir's other older cousin brother, he thinks like his wife Reva)
- Praneeta Sahu as Shanaya Nanda (Aayan's wife)
- Madhuri Bhatia as Devika Kher (Shanaya's mother)
- Amit Jain as Chinmay Godbade (Kanya's childhood friend)
- Anmol Singh as Archita Nanda (Ranbir's sister)
- Aamir Ali as Guru (he considers Kanya his sister, he is one of the reasons why Kanya and Ranbir get married)
- "Ranvir identifies Natasha in Kuch Is Tara". Tellychakkar.com.