|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Location||Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
Khyber Medical University, in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, is first public sector medical university. It was established in January 2007 with jurisdiction on the entire province including the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
The motto of KMU is “Service to Humanity by striving for excellence in medical education and research as well as for providing medical students with state-of-the-art knowledge, skills and technology to deliver the highest standards of health care for the region." Degrees awarded are MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
- KMU Institute Of Medical Sciences,Kohat (KIMS, Kohat)
- Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IPM&R)
- Institute of Basic Medical Sciences (IBMS)
- Institute of Public Health and Social Sciences (IPH&SS)
Institute of Health Professions Education and Research Institute of paramedical Sciences Institute of Nursing
- Post Graduate College of Nursing
The Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IPM&R) is the only institute in the public sector in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which offers a four-year (eight-semester) graduate course in Physiotherapy.
Its existence can be correlated with the earthquake which occurred in October 2005 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and some districts of Azad Jammu and Kashmir in Pakistan and lead to mass destruction of human lives. More than 700 of the victims became either paraplegic or quadriplegic. This increased demand of qualified physiotherapists in the province as well as in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
Khyber Medical University took a bold step and established IPM&R to produce qualified physiotherapist in the province. The course was started on 12 January 2009 headed by pioneer physiotherapist of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences is in the pipeline. It will offer M. Phil and PhD programmes in Basic Medical Sciences.
- Khyber Medical College, Peshawar
- Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital (LRH)
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Khyber Teaching Hospital (KTH)
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC)
- Institute of Public Health and social sciences
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.