|Founder||Government of Kerala|
Number of locations
|P.T. Jose (Chairman)
P Rajendran (Managing Director)
|Products||Chitty, Loans, Savings, investment vehicles, etc.|
|Revenue||Rs 105 crore|
|Rs 16,451 crore|
|Total equity||Rs 20 crore|
|Owner||Government of Kerala|
Number of employees
It started functioning on November 6, 1969, with Thrissur city as its headquarters. It started with a capital of Rs 2,00,000, 45 employees and 10 branches. It has now 500 branches and seven Regional Offices at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur. KSFE is a Miscellaneous Non-Banking Financial Company (MNBFC) and is fully owned by the Government of Kerala. KSFE is the only chitty Company owned by the Government in the whole of India.
- KSFE was created by the Government of Kerala on 6 November 1969.
- The Paid up capital then was Rs. 2 Lakhs.
- Total number of employees at the start was 45.
- The number of branches KSFE began with was 10.
- The Head Office of KSFE is placed in Thrissur, the hub of Chitty business in Kerala.
Scenario (March 2014)
- Paid up Capital is Rs. 20 Crores.
- Total number of employees is 5112.
- The number of branches is 504.
- The number of customers is more than 31 Lakhs.
- Annual Business is Rs. 21,566 Crores.
Chitty is the main product of KSFE.
It is a unique financial product, which blends the advantages of both investment and advance. It is a risk free safe haven for the public as KSFE conducts only chitties fully governed by the provisions of Central Chit Fund Act 1982. The instalment per month for chitties range from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 and the usual duration of chitties are 30 months, 40 months, 50 months, 60 months and 100 months.
Other Schemes Offered are given below:
1. Loans & Advances:
Although Chitty is in essence a loan/advance scheme, for subscribers whose chitties are not getting prized and, at the same time they are in need of money, relief has been provided by two loan schemes built within the chitty scheme, viz. Chitty Pass Book Loan and New Chitty Loan.
KSFE offers other loan/advance schemes, comparable to those given by banks and other financial institutions, and the same includes:
Gold Loan Scheme, Reliable Customer Loan, Consumer/Vehicle Loan, Special Car Loan, New Housing Finance Scheme, Flexy Trade Loan, Tax Planning Loan Scheme, Fixed Deposit Loan Scheme ,Sugama (Akshaya) Overdraft Scheme, Vidyadhanam Education Loan Scheme and KSFE Haritham Loan Scheme.
Fixed Deposit, Short Term Deposit, Sugama Deposit (which is similar to the savings deposit in Banks), Chitty Security Deposit-in-Trust and Sugama Security Account.
3. Fee Based Activities of KSFE:
1.Western Union Money Transfer - as sub agent of Paul Merchants Ltd. 2.Xpress Money Transfer
From chitty subscribers and customers who avail loans/advances of KSFE, KSFE accepts various types of securities which include:
Fixed Deposits with KSFE or approved Banks, Bank Guarantee, NRI Deposits, LIC Policies, National Savings Certificate (NSC), Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP), Chitty Pass Book of Non-prized Chitties, Gold Security, Post-dated Cheques, Personal surety and Property Security.
Future plans KSFE contemplates:
1. Centralised Chitty Registration.
2. Online Chitty Auction.
3. Chitty payments at the Door step of subscribers.
4. Opening Branches outside Kerala.
5. Spreading weekly chitties to all the KSFE branches.
6. e-remittance facilities for all customers.
7. Foray into the field of M-commerce.
8. Introducing ATM facilities and any time anywhere transaction facilities.
9. Implementation of core solutions software in the company.
10. Going for CRISIL rating to obtain FAAA.
11. Working as a Nodal Agency for distribution of pension of State/Central Government and other PSUs.
12. Undertaking trading of Gold.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.