||Look up Kaufmann in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Kaufmann is a surname with many variants such as Kauffmann, Kaufman, and Kauffman. In German, the name means merchant. It is the cognate of the English Chapman (which had a similar meaning in the Middle Ages, though it disappeared from modern English). "Kaufmann" may refer to:
- Aloys P. Kaufmann (1902–1984), Mayor of St. Louis, Missouri
- Christine Kaufmann (born 1945), Austrian actor
- David Kaufmann, Jewish-Austrian scholar
- Edgar J. Kaufmann (1885–1955), prominent US businessman and philanthropist
- Eduard Kaufmann, German physician
- Eugen Kaufmann (born 1892), German architect
- Evan Kaufmann (born 1984), ice hockey player
- Felix Kaufmann (1895–1949), Austrian-American law philosopher
- Frank Kaufmann (born 1952), Peace Activist
- Georg Friedrich Kaufmann (1679–1735), Baroque composer from Thuringia (now in southern Germany)
- George Adams Kaufmann (1894-1963), British mathematician, translator and anthroposophist
- Gordon Kaufmann (1888–1949), English-born American architect
- Hans Kaufmann (born 1948), Swiss politician and business consultant
- Jonas Kaufmann, tenor
- Konstantin Kaufmann (1818–1882) Russian general
- Maurice Kaufmann, British actor
- Klaus Kaufmann, Austrian pianist who founded the Austrian-Chinese-Music-University
- Michael Kaufmann, character from the Silent Hill series
- Oskar Kaufmann, Hungarian-German Jewish architect
- Patricia A. (Trish) Kaufmann of Lincoln, Delaware
- Peter Kaufmann, politician and businessman in Winnipeg
- Stefan Kaufmann (musician) (born 1960), German drummer
- Stefan Kaufmann (politician), (born 1969), German Bundestag member
- Stefan H.E. Kaufmann, German microbiologist
- Sylvia-Yvonne Kaufmann
- Walter Arnold Kaufmann (1921–1980), German philosopher
- Walter Kaufmann (composer) (1907–1984), Czech-born American ethnomusicologist
- Walter Kaufmann (physicist) (1871–1947), German physicist
- Prof. Rabbi Yehezkel Kaufmann (1889–1963), Bible scholar
- Isaac Kaufmann-Funk, American editor, lexicographer
- Kaufmann Kohler, reform rabbi
- Kaufmann's (Kaufmann's Furniture Galleries), regional department store chain
- Abderhalden-Kaufmann-Lignac syndrome
- Mount Kaufmann
- Peak Kaufmann
- Morgan Kaufmann Publishers
- Kaufmann is also a font family designed by Max R. Kaufmann.
- Kaufman, Illinois
- Kaufman, Texas
- Kaufman County, Texas
- Abraham Kaufman (1885–1971), a Russian-born medical doctor, community organizer and Zionist
- Alan S. Kaufman (born 1944), psychologist/IQ test developer
- Andrew Kaufman, Canadian writer
- Andy Kaufman (1949–1984), American entertainer
- Ariel Durant (born Chaya Kaufman), historian and writer, wife of Will Durant
- Bel Kaufman (1911-2014), author of Up the Down Staircase and granddaughter of Sholom Aleichem
- Benjamin Kaufman (Medal of Honor) (March 10, 1894 – February 5, 1981) World War I Medal of Honor recipient
- Boris Kaufman, younger brother of Dziga Vertov
- Brandon Kaufman (born 1990), American football player
- Bruria Kaufman (1918-2010), Israeli theoretical physicist
- Charlie Kaufman (born 1958), American screenwriter, producer, director, and lyricist
- Dan Kaufman, special effects artist
- David S. Kaufman, American politician
- David Kaufman, American voice actor
- David Kaufman, theater critic
- Denis Abramovich Kaufman
- Denis Arkadievich Kaufman
- Donald Kaufman (1930–2009), American toy collector
- Edward E. "Ted" Kaufman, American politician
- George S. Kaufman, American playwright
- Gerald Kaufman, British Member of Parliament
- Harold R. Kaufman (born 1926), American physicist, developed Kaufman ion source
- Henry Kaufman (born 1927), German-American economist
- Herbert Kaufman
- Irving Kaufman (1910–1992), American federal judge
- Irving Kaufman (1890–1976) American entertainer
- Isidor Kaufman (Isidore Kaufmann), Hungarian Jewish painter
- James C. Kaufman
- Les Kaufman, Professor of Biology at Boston University
- Lloyd Kaufman
- Louis Kaufman, violinist
- Mel Kaufman, football player for the Washington Redskins.
- Millard Kaufman, American screenwriter and novelist
- Morris Kaufman, a Manitoba judge
- Moisés Kaufman, playwright and director
- Murray the K (Murray Kaufman)
- Nadeen L. Kaufman psychologist/IQ test developer
- Nikolay Kaufman, Bulgarian musicologist
- Philip Kaufman, film director
- Philip A. Kaufman (Phil Kaufman), an American engineer, the namesake of the Phil Kaufman Award
- Robert Kaufman, American screenwriter and film producer
- Stephen R. Kaufman
- Terrence Kaufman, linguist and professor at the University of Pittsburgh
- Wendy Kaufman
- William E. Kaufman, rabbi, philosopher
- Dr. Kaufman, a villain in Tomorrow Never Dies
- Kauffman, California
- Craig Kauffman, Artist
- Draper Kauffman (1911–1979) Rear Admiral, US Navy
- Elizabeth Bush, born Kauffman
- Ewing Marion Kauffman
- George B. Kauffman, (born 1930) American chemist
- Louis Kauffman, American mathematician
- Marta Kauffman, TV producer and writer
- Matthew Kauffman, journalist
- Scott Kauffman, businessman
- Stuart (Alan) Kauffman, US theoretical biologist and complex systems researcher
- USS Kauffman (FFG-59)
- Kauffman's Distillery Covered Bridge
- Kauffman Stadium, named after Ewing Kauffman
Carmen – The Flower Song (Jonas Kaufmann, The Royal Opera)
Jonas Kaufmann as Don José sings the Flower Song 'La fleur que tu m'avais jetée' with Anna Caterina Antonacci as Carmen in Act II of Francesca Zambello's production of Georges Bizet's opera...
Jonas Kaufmann - Sydney - 17/08/2014
Jonas Kaufmann in Concert Sydney Opera House 17th August 2014 Conductor - Jochen Rieder Concertmaster - Laura Hamilton With Australian Opera & Ballet Orchestra PROGRAM PART 1 0:00 ...
Jonas Kaufmann: "Che gelida manina"
Jonas Kaufmann sings "Che gelida manina" from Puccini's opera 'La Bohème'. Shop Jonas' Decca catalogue:http://po.st/kaufmanncata.
Jonas Kaufmann: "La fleur que tu m'avais jetée"
Act 2 Don José: Jonas Kaufmann Carmen: Magdalena Kožená conductor: Sir Simon Rattle Berlin Philharmonie 12-04-2012.
Jonas Kaufmann - Core 'ngrato - Peralada
Jonas Kaufmann sings Core 'ngrato by Cardillo, 5th encore, Festival Peralada 22 Aug 2012 Conductor: Jochen Rieder.
Sehnsucht Desire - German Arias by Jonas Kaufmann (Münchner Rundfunkorchester)
Subscribe to CMajor Global YouTube channel here: http://goo.gl/H5vvGg Sehnsucht - German Arias by Jonas Kaufmann (Münchner Rundfunkorchester) A beautiful piece sung by Jonas Kaufmann ...
Jonas Kaufmann: "E lucevan le stelle" - Tosca, Munich 10/7/10
Tosca from the Munich Opera Festival, 2010 with Karita Mattila, Jonas Kaufmann and Juha Uusitalo. Fabio Luisi conducts.
Jonas Kaufmann - Dein ist mein ganzes Herz 2011
Jonas Kaufmann - Dein ist mein ganzes Herz 2011 aus der Operette 'Land des Lächelns' von Franz Lehar from the operetta 'The Land of Smile' by Franz Lehár (zusammen mit Stéphanie Berger)
concert Netrebko, Kaufmann, Schrott, Armiliato
Anna Netrebko, Jonas Kaufmann, Erwin Schrott, 2011, conductor marco armiliato.
Jonas Kaufmann - È la solita storia (Echo Klassik 2010)
Francesco Cilea: L'arlesiana È la solita storia del pastore ("Lamento di Federico") Jonas Kaufmann, tenor Essener Philharmoniker, Andrey Boreyko Essen, 17.10. 2010.
Robert Feder (blog)
Robert Feder (blog)
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:45:49 -0700
The man who made everyone sound better at Chicago's public radio station is about to get a starring role of his own. After more than 20 years as an award-winning producer at Chicago Public Media WBEZ FM 91.5, Justin Kaufmann has been hired to host ...
New York Times (blog)
New York Times (blog)
Mon, 02 Mar 2015 08:44:27 -0800
The Met announced Monday morning that Mr. Kaufmann had canceled his first scheduled performance as Don José on Wednesday because he was suffering from the flu and had been unable to travel to New York as scheduled on Sunday. He will be ...
New York Times (blog)
Thu, 05 Mar 2015 13:44:31 -0800
The star tenor Jonas Kaufmann has withdrawn from Saturday's sold-out matinee performance of “Carmen” at the Metropolitan Opera, citing illness — meaning that Mr. Kaufmann, who was scheduled to sing only two performances there this season, will miss ...
Casper Star-Tribune Online
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:22:06 -0700
WINDSOR, Colo. -- A celebration of life for Donald D. Kaufmann, 81, will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, March 30, 2015, at the Cornerstone Baptist Church. He died Saturday, March 14, 2015. Contributions may be made to The Larimer County 4-H Foundation, ...
Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:37:30 -0700
North Tama senior Paul Kaufmann recently earned statewide honors, attaining Class 1A third-team recognition. Kaufmann, making his second straight third-team appearance, paced the Redhawks' attack in scoring (17.7), rebounding (10) and assists (4).
Sun, 08 Mar 2015 09:33:00 -0700
Our intrepid Met-goers, Elizabeth Frayer and Shawn E Milnes, were there the day Jonas wasn't. They found much to engage the attention – outside. CarmenScalpSign1. There are always scalpers in front of the Met before a show but I have never seen so ...
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:53:48 -0700
One of the most amazing implications of Einstein's relativity is the fact that the inertial mass of an object depends on its velocity. That sounds like a difficult thing to test, but that's exactly what happened through a series of experiments ...
Sun, 08 Mar 2015 00:05:47 -0800
He never got on the plane. These things happen. But the buzz around Kaufmann, with touts selling tickets at several times their face value, left the Met looking over-dependent once more on a diminishing handful of box-office warhorses. No Kaufmann ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.