||Look up Kaufmann in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Kaufmann is a surname with many variants such as Kauffmann, Kaufman, and Kauffman. In German, the name means merchant. It is the cognate of the English Chapman (which had a similar meaning in the Middle Ages, though it disappeared from modern English). "Kaufmann" may refer to:
- Aloys P. Kaufmann (1902–1984), Mayor of St. Louis, Missouri
- Christine Kaufmann (born 1945), Austrian actor
- David Kaufmann, Jewish-Austrian scholar
- Edgar J. Kaufmann (1885–1955), prominent US businessman and philanthropist
- Eduard Kaufmann, German physician
- Eugen Kaufmann (born 1892), German architect
- Evan Kaufmann (born 1984), ice hockey player
- Felix Kaufmann (1895–1949), Austrian-American law philosopher
- Frank Kaufmann (born 1952), Peace Activist
- Georg Friedrich Kaufmann (1679–1735), Baroque composer from Thuringia (now in southern Germany)
- George Adams Kaufmann (1894-1963), British mathematician, translator and anthroposophist
- Gordon Kaufmann (1888–1949), English-born American architect
- Hans Kaufmann (born 1948), Swiss politician and business consultant
- Jonas Kaufmann, tenor
- Konstantin Kaufmann (1818–1882) Russian general
- Maurice Kaufmann, British actor
- Klaus Kaufmann, Austrian pianist who founded the Austrian-Chinese-Music-University
- Michael Kaufmann, character from the Silent Hill series
- Oskar Kaufmann, Hungarian-German Jewish architect
- Patricia A. (Trish) Kaufmann of Lincoln, Delaware
- Peter Kaufmann, politician and businessman in Winnipeg
- Stefan Kaufmann (musician) (born 1960), German drummer
- Stefan Kaufmann (politician), (born 1969), German Bundestag member
- Stefan H.E. Kaufmann, German microbiologist
- Sylvia-Yvonne Kaufmann
- Walter Arnold Kaufmann (1921–1980), German philosopher
- Walter Kaufmann (composer) (1907–1984), Czech-born American ethnomusicologist
- Walter Kaufmann (physicist) (1871–1947), German physicist
- Prof. Rabbi Yehezkel Kaufmann (1889–1963), Bible scholar
- Isaac Kaufmann-Funk, American editor, lexicographer
- Kaufmann Kohler, reform rabbi
- Kaufmann's (Kaufmann's Furniture Galleries), regional department store chain
- Abderhalden-Kaufmann-Lignac syndrome
- Mount Kaufmann
- Peak Kaufmann
- Morgan Kaufmann Publishers
- Kaufmann is also a font family designed by Max R. Kaufmann.
- Kaufman, Illinois
- Kaufman, Texas
- Kaufman County, Texas
- Abraham Kaufman (1885–1971), a Russian-born medical doctor, community organizer and Zionist
- Alan S. Kaufman (born 1944), psychologist/IQ test developer
- Andrew Kaufman, Canadian writer
- Andy Kaufman (1949–1984), American entertainer
- Ariel Durant (born Chaya Kaufman), historian and writer, wife of Will Durant
- Bel Kaufman (1911-2014), author of Up the Down Staircase and granddaughter of Sholom Aleichem
- Benjamin Kaufman (Medal of Honor) (March 10, 1894 – February 5, 1981) World War I Medal of Honor recipient
- Boris Kaufman, younger brother of Dziga Vertov
- Brandon Kaufman (born 1990), American football player
- Bruria Kaufman (1918-2010), Israeli theoretical physicist
- Charlie Kaufman, American screenwriter
- Dan Kaufman, special effects artist
- David S. Kaufman, American politician
- David Kaufman, American voice actor
- David Kaufman, theater critic
- Denis Abramovich Kaufman
- Denis Arkadievich Kaufman
- Donald Kaufman (1930–2009), American toy collector
- Edward E. "Ted" Kaufman, American politician
- George S. Kaufman, American playwright
- Gerald Kaufman, British Member of Parliament
- Harold R. Kaufman (born 1926), American physicist, developed Kaufman ion source
- Henry Kaufman (born 1927), German-American economist
- Herbert Kaufman
- Irving Kaufman (1910–1992), American federal judge
- Irving Kaufman (1890–1976) American entertainer
- Isidor Kaufman (Isidore Kaufmann), Hungarian Jewish painter
- James C. Kaufman
- Les Kaufman, Professor of Biology at Boston University
- Lloyd Kaufman
- Louis Kaufman, violinist
- Mel Kaufman, football player for the Washington Redskins.
- Millard Kaufman, American screenwriter and novelist
- Morris Kaufman, a Manitoba judge
- Moisés Kaufman, playwright and director
- Murray the K (Murray Kaufman)
- Nadeen L. Kaufman psychologist/IQ test developer
- Nikolay Kaufman, Bulgarian musicologist
- Philip Kaufman, film director
- Philip A. Kaufman (Phil Kaufman), an American engineer, the namesake of the Phil Kaufman Award
- Robert Kaufman, American screenwriter and film producer
- Stephen R. Kaufman
- Terrence Kaufman, linguist and professor at the University of Pittsburgh
- Wendy Kaufman
- William E. Kaufman, rabbi, philosopher
- Dr. Kaufman, a villain in Tomorrow Never Dies
- Kauffman, California
- Craig Kauffman, Artist
- Draper Kauffman (1911–1979) Rear Admiral, US Navy
- Elizabeth Bush, born Kauffman
- Ewing Marion Kauffman
- George B. Kauffman, (born 1930) American chemist
- Louis Kauffman, American mathematician
- Marta Kauffman, TV producer and writer
- Matthew Kauffman, journalist
- Scott Kauffman, businessman
- Stuart (Alan) Kauffman, US theoretical biologist and complex systems researcher
- USS Kauffman (FFG-59)
- Kauffman's Distillery Covered Bridge
- Kauffman Stadium, named after Ewing Kauffman
Jonas Kaufmann and Kristīne Opolais rehearse Manon Lescaut (The Royal Opera)
Conductor Antonio Pappano rehearses with Kristīne Opolais (Manon) and Jonas Kaufmann (Des Grieux), who are both making role debuts in Jonathan Kent's new pro...
Jonas Kaufmann - Sydney - 17/08/2014
Jonas Kaufmann in Concert Sydney Opera House 17th August 2014 Conductor - Jochen Rieder Concertmaster - Laura Hamilton With Australian Opera & Ballet Orchest...
Jonas Kaufmann: "E lucevan le stelle" - Tosca, Munich 10/7/10
Tosca from the Munich Opera Festival, 2010 with Karita Mattila, Jonas Kaufmann and Juha Uusitalo. Fabio Luisi conducts.
Jonas Kaufmann: "Che gelida manina"
Jonas Kaufmann sings "Che gelida manina" from Puccini's opera 'La Bohème'. Shop Jonas' Decca catalogue:http://po.st/kaufmanncata.
Jonas Kaufmann - The Making of "The Verdi Album"
Music video by Jonas Kaufmann performing Jonas Kaufmann - The Making of "The Verdi Album". (C) 2013 Sony Music Entertainment.
Lohengrin, Scala 2012 (Barenboim, Kaufmann, Pape)
Kaufmann, Dasch, Pape, Tomason Barenboim no sub.
Jonas Kaufmann: "La fleur que tu m'avais jetée"
Act 2 Don José: Jonas Kaufmann Carmen: Magdalena Kožená conductor: Sir Simon Rattle Berlin Philharmonie 12-04-2012.
concert Netrebko, Kaufmann, Schrott, Armiliato
Anna Netrebko, Jonas Kaufmann, Erwin Schrott, 2011, conductor marco armiliato.
Jonas Kaufmann - E lucevan le stelle
Jonas Kaufmann - The Making of: "You Mean the World to Me"
Music video by Jonas Kaufmann performing The Making of: "You Mean the World to Me". (C) 2014 Sony Music Entertainment.
Iowa City Press Citizen
Iowa City Press Citizen
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:07:30 -0700
After working to pass a new Iowa law allowing the inclusion of pets in protective orders, Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, R-Wilton, received a “Friends of Animals” award Tuesday. The law, enacted in June, is aimed at preventing perpetrators of domestic abuse from ...
Quad City Times
Quad City Times
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:00:04 -0700
Paul, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, was the headliner at an event for Republican Senate nominee Joni Ernst and state Rep. Bobby Kaufmann. Winding up a day of campaigning in Iowa, Paul predicted victory on Nov. 4. "In two weeks we're going to ...
West Branch Times
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:07:30 -0700
The West Branch Times invited the House District 73 candidates, Republican Bobby Kaufmann of Wilton and Democrat David Johnson of West Branch, to answer four questions about why voters should pick them in the Nov. 4 election. Each was limited to 400 ...
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 23:46:42 -0700
The tenor has cancelled concert in Barcelona and Lucerne over the next week. His doctor has strictly ordered him not to sing, says the sick note. The withdrawals punch a hole in the promotion schedule for Kaufmann's Sony schmaltz album. The German ...
The Korea Herald
The Korea Herald
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:41:15 -0700
Opera's Kaufmann turns to lighter fare. Jonas Kaufmann “You Mean the World to Me” (Sony) Is there anything Jonas Kaufmann can't do? The great German tenor has long since conquered the worlds of grand opera and classical recital. Now he turns his ...
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:33:45 -0700
Editor's note: This is one in a series of Q&A's sent to local candidates for elected office by the Muscatine Journal. Responses will be printed in the days leading up to the Nov. 4 election from those candidates who returned questionnaires.
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:07:30 -0700
Kaufmann, accompanied by Jochen Rieder conducting the Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra, lightens his voice wonderfully well when the numbers call for seductive crooning. But he is equally good at summoning heroic stamina for such numbers as Eduard ...
Jacksonville Journal Courier
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:40:24 -0700
Kaufmann was nervous going into the game. She scored the 19 points she needed in the first half, almost as if she was trying to hurry up and get it over with. But she still played basketball, racking up seven assists in the first two quarters, along ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter