Katipunan (formerly Lubungan) is a second class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 43,339 people.
In 1955, six barrios were created:
- sitios of Malobog, Malupis, Linasan Manok, Gakol, Gimakan, Lipakan and Capasi as barrio Denoman;
- sitios of Boalboal, Malonglong, Lobongpre, Nanginan Upper, Larang, Lowang, Lawag, Sibog, Lindangan, Gumatob and Lumbayao as barrio Pinialan;
- sitios of Baoy, Tamara, Tamilokan, Labokan, Sinilog, Grap, Tobod, Larang, Senuelan, Sibutak, Kunalog, Sapanaga and Upper Lipoga as barrio Nanginan;
- sitios of Depog, Mate, Saloyong, Lanasan, Notap, Balangasan, Masoy, Upper Seraboc, Dapitan, Linay, Baoran, Bulaw, Siran, Kalayaw, Salay, Kalangag, Conon, Pinopoan, Dauwan, Takwas, Labob, Dabiac, Labaw, Diway, Toboy, Domala, Tolawan, Gotayan, Sirowan, Sigosoy, Dicayas, Kasaw, Denoman, Gimitan, Liliran, Sigamoc, Mosoman, Sikitan, Pierangan, Kitonoc, Parol, Karopay, Tokosawan, Nopiac, Ginokot, Lotowan, Logoc, Napangon, Gomanggay, Boyawan, Malonob, Dicayok, Silisi, Talisay, Tiyala, and Setog Proper as barrio Setog;
- sitios of Mamara, Tabenas, Kimay, Setubo, Diwakat, Sebalug, Liang, Balobohan, Libo, Sapa, Langob, Moliton, Lanapan, Calumbog and Bentunong as barrio Kanibongan; and
- sitios of Basangan, Tongilawan, Sikawang, Lagag, Singatong, Linabo, Luyoran and Palinan as barrio Basangan.
Katipunan is politically subdivided into 30 barangays.
- Barangay Dos (Pob.)
- Barangay Uno (Pob.)
- Dr. Jose Rizal (Lower Mias)
- New Tambo
- San Antonio (Laoy)
- San Vicente
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Katipunan
|Source: National Statistics Office
Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:39:31 -0700
Gapnod craft by Artist Lordan Reganion of Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte are among the products that were featured in the recently-held Zamboanga Peninsula Exposition 2015. (Bong Garcia). A TOP official of the Department of Trade and Industry ...
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:39:14 -0800
Late Thursday morning, it was tracked 625 kilometers east of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur. Pagasa said Onyok is expected to be 273 kilometers east of Hinatuan Friday morning and over Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte Saturday morning, when it could ...
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 06:01:53 -0800
Officials from the municipality of Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte, including two councilors, were also dismissed from the service for unliquidated cash advances. The OMB-MIN reported that in terms of offenses committed, there were 126 charges of grave ...
Philippine Information Agency
Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:00:32 -0800
Also dismissed from service include 10 local executive officers from the town of Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte which included 2 municipal councilors. The offense stems from cash advances which were not supported by proper documents and remain ...
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:41:15 -0800
MANILA, Philippines – Nagbabanta sa Caraga region ang bagyong “Onyok” na napanatili ang lakas, ayon sa state weather bureau ngayong Huwebes. Huling namataan ng PAGASA ang bagyo sa 625 kilometro silangan ng Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur ...
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 21:42:34 -0700
Azcuna was born in Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte on February 16, 1939. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts and juris doctor degrees from Ateneo De Manila University. Azcuna placed fourth in the 1962 Bar examinations. The ICJ has also chosen four other ...
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 23:46:23 -0700
... Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) reported that Police Officer 1 Rustom Llanes Redoble, 36 years old and a member of the city police, was shot by his wife, who is a high school teacher at Katipunan National High School in Katipunan, Zamboanga Del Norte.
Asia Times Online
Thu, 07 Feb 2013 00:06:34 -0800
The South China Sea has become the epicenter of a whirlwind of escalating territorial disputes among six countries in the region - Brunei, China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam. Now, with pressure on new Association of Southeast Asian ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.