Katipunan (formerly Lubungan) is a second class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 43,339 people.
In 1955, six barrios were created:
- sitios of Malobog, Malupis, Linasan Manok, Gakol, Gimakan, Lipakan and Capasi as barrio Denoman;
- sitios of Boalboal, Malonglong, Lobongpre, Nanginan Upper, Larang, Lowang, Lawag, Sibog, Lindangan, Gumatob and Lumbayao as barrio Pinialan;
- sitios of Baoy, Tamara, Tamilokan, Labokan, Sinilog, Grap, Tobod, Larang, Senuelan, Sibutak, Kunalog, Sapanaga and Upper Lipoga as barrio Nanginan;
- sitios of Depog, Mate, Saloyong, Lanasan, Notap, Balangasan, Masoy, Upper Seraboc, Dapitan, Linay, Baoran, Bulaw, Siran, Kalayaw, Salay, Kalangag, Conon, Pinopoan, Dauwan, Takwas, Labob, Dabiac, Labaw, Diway, Toboy, Domala, Tolawan, Gotayan, Sirowan, Sigosoy, Dicayas, Kasaw, Denoman, Gimitan, Liliran, Sigamoc, Mosoman, Sikitan, Pierangan, Kitonoc, Parol, Karopay, Tokosawan, Nopiac, Ginokot, Lotowan, Logoc, Napangon, Gomanggay, Boyawan, Malonob, Dicayok, Silisi, Talisay, Tiyala, and Setog Proper as barrio Setog;
- sitios of Mamara, Tabenas, Kimay, Setubo, Diwakat, Sebalug, Liang, Balobohan, Libo, Sapa, Langob, Moliton, Lanapan, Calumbog and Bentunong as barrio Kanibongan; and
- sitios of Basangan, Tongilawan, Sikawang, Lagag, Singatong, Linabo, Luyoran and Palinan as barrio Basangan.
Katipunan is politically subdivided into 30 barangays.
- Barangay Dos (Pob.)
- Barangay Uno (Pob.)
- Dr. Jose Rizal (Lower Mias)
- New Tambo
- San Antonio (Laoy)
- San Vicente
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Katipunan
|Source: National Statistics Office
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 03:41:15 -0700
GOVERNMENT troops have captured three New People's Army (NPA) rebels following a clash in a remote village in Zamboanga del Norte, the police reported Friday. Zamboanga del Norte police director James Mejia did not identify the identities of the ...
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 05:21:40 -0700
Another SME, this time, from Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte has nothing but praise and thanks for the conduct of the ZAMPEX 2014. Gapnod Creatives Designer Lordan Reganion said ZAMPEX has given him a greater appreciation of his self-worth and of ...
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 23:45:19 -0700
... Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) reported that Police Officer 1 Rustom Llanes Redoble, 36 years old and a member of the city police, was shot by his wife, who is a high school teacher at Katipunan National High School in Katipunan, Zamboanga Del Norte.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 21:42:34 -0700
Azcuna was born in Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte on February 16, 1939. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts and juris doctor degrees from Ateneo De Manila University. Azcuna placed fourth in the 1962 Bar examinations. The ICJ has also chosen four other ...
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:27:56 -0800
The early solar system was tough on molecules. There were few places then to hide from the harsh ultraviolet radiation from the young Sun. However, new theoretical models show that water vapor provided a kind of shield ? like the ozone layer in Earth's ...
Sun, 30 Dec 2012 02:37:52 -0800
Jose Dalman became mayor of Lubongan (now Municipality of Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte), and was succeeded by another student of Rizal, Fernando Eguia." Hamoy recalls there was even a time when Rizal's influence has made Dapitan a model of ...
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:07:30 -0800
... Misamis Occidental; Mayor Batara Laoat of Pudtol, Apaya; Mayor Simon Lacsawa of Bauko, Mt. Province; Mayor Doroteo Palconit of Calubian, Leyte; Mayor Jose Santos of Orion, Bataan and Mayor Cris Equia Jr. of Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte.
ABS CBN News
Sun, 29 May 2011 23:18:41 -0700
MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Tourism (DOT) is issuing Jose Rizal passports to those who are interested to explore sites connected to the national hero's life. The brochure passports are part of the agency's "Lakbay Jose Rizal @ 150" project ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.