Map of Davao del Norte showing the location of Kapalong
|Region||Davao Region (Region XI)|
|Province||Davao del Norte|
|• Mayor||Edgardo Timbol|
|• Total||830.01 km2 (320.47 sq mi)|
|• Density||82/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Kapalong, Davao del Norte|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The town was founded in July 8, 1948 from the Municipal District of Tagum, which was formed in 1918. It was one of the oldest towns in Davao del Norte Province, others being Tagum, in 1941; and Panabo, in 1949, both of which are converted into cities almost 50 years later. Though the towns of Santo Tomas, Talaingod and portion of San Isidro emerged from the town in 1959, 1991, and 2004 respectively, it is still the largest town by land area in the province of Davao del Norte.
Kapalong is politically subdivided into 14 barangays.
- Maniki (Poblacion)
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.