Kaohsiung Railway station
|Other names||Kaohsiung Main Station (MRT)|
|Location||Jianguo 2nd Road, No. 318
|Distance||399.8 km from Keelung|
|Structure type||Temporary Station: At-Grade/Underground
(Underground station under construction)
|Classification||特等站 (Taiwan Railways Administration level)|
|Opened||June 22, 1941|
Kaohsiung Station (Chinese: 高雄車站; pinyin: Gāoxióng Chēzhàn) is a railway station located in Sanmin District of Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China, which serves the Taiwan Railway Administration Western Line, Pingtung Line and the Kaohsiung MRT Red Line. There is a plan to extend Taiwan High Speed Rail from Zuoying to this station.
The temporary TRA station is a three-level aboveground station connected by elevated walkways between train platforms. It is divided into front and back stations. At ground level, there are four island platforms and twelve tracks (previously thirteen tracks). Eight of the tracks are aligned with platforms.
Numbering starts on the left (south side).
Kaohsiung MRT Station
The Kaohsiung MRT station is a two-level, underground station with one exit. It is located at Jianguo 2nd Road.
The entire station is currently undergoing construction as part of a project to move all rail lines through Kaohsiung underground. Though the station is functional, many areas are not operating at full capacity. Kaohsiung Main Station's platform only allows for three-car configurations while all other stations on the Red Line have platforms that can accommodate six-car configurations. Construction is expected to be completed after 2012.
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket machines, one-way faregates
Restrooms (Near Exits 3)
|B2||Platform 1||← KMRT Red Line toward Siaogang (Formosa Boulevard)|
|Platform 2||→ KMRT Red Line toward Gangshan South (Houyi) →|
- 1900 Takau (打狗) station opened with the opening of Tainan-Takau line where there is Kaohsiung Harbor Station today.
- 1907 Fongshan branch (extended to today's Pingtung Line) opened.
- 1920 Takau Station was renamed to Kaohsiung (Takao in Japanese) Station.
- 1933 Construction of new station on Fongshan branch started.
- Jun 22, 1941 Kaohsiung Station (new) opened and old Kaohsiung Station was renamed to Kaohsiung Harbor Station.
- Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA)
- Western Line
- Pingtung Line
- Kaohsiung Mass Rapid Transit
- Red Line
Around the station
- Kaohsiung Old Station
- Sanfeng Temple
- Sanfong Central Street
- Jianguo Rd. Computer Market
- Chang-Gu World Trade Center
- Changming Rd. Clothing, Electronics, and Spare Parts Market
- Kaohsiung Municipal Kaohsiung Senior High School
- Kaohsiung Bus Station
- Kuo-Kaung Motor Transportation Co., Aloha Bus Co., United Bus Co., Ho-Hsin Bus Traffic Co. Stations
- Kaohsiung Station (Chinese)
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
Taiwan Trunk Line
|Preceding station||Kaohsiung MRT||Following station|
toward Gangshan South
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaohsiung Station.|