|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Kanadukathan is a panchayat town in the Sivaganga district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
As of 2001, Kanadukathan had a population of 4,795 people, 10% of whom were under 6 years of age. The gender makeup of the town is split evenly between males and females. Kanadukathan has a literacy rate of 74%, which is higher than the national average of 63.4%. Also, according to the Indian census, the male literacy rate is 80% and the female literacy rate is 67%.
Kanadukathan is most famous for its Chettinad cuisine and for its houses, whose main entrances are shaped to resemble those of temples.
- Chettiah Oorni Vinayagar Temple
- Ponnazhagi Amman Temple
- Maata Oorni Vinayagar Temple [Chidambara vinayagar]
- Chettinad Siva Temple
- Ayyanar Temple
- Vairava Vinayagar Temple
- Paramanur Kali Temple
- Anjaneyar Temple
- Sundaramoorthy Vinayagar Temple
- Nagamuthu Marriamman Temple
- Varadaraja Perumal Temple
- Sri Padhmavathi Thayar & Vengatesha Perumal Temple
- Festival of the Goddess of Beauty (Tamil: பொன்னழகி அம்மன் திருவிழா) is a 10 day festival held in May every year.
- Hari Poojai is held in May every year.
- Sivarathiri is held in March. During Sivarathiri, people take kavadi from Pazhaiyur (old Kanadukathan) to Solai Andavar Temple (approximately 4 km).
Schools / Colleges
- M.ct.M.Chidambaram Chettiyar Higher Secondary School [ISO 9001 Certified]
- M.ct.M.Chidambaram Chettiyar Elementary School
- CV.CT.V.Meenakshi Achi Matriculation School
- Annamalai Polytechnic College
Places of Interest
Connection with Major Cities
- By Train: The station is called Chettinaad and is located on the Trichy – Rameswhwaram line. The following stations halt at the station.
- The Chennai – Rameshwaram express (16701)
- Rameshwaram – Chennai express (16702)
- Trichy- Rameshwaram, Trichy-Karaikudi, Trichy-Manamadurai and Manamadurioai-Mannargudi Passenger Trains
- Requests have been raised to operate a daily overnight train between Coimbatore and Rameswaram via Kanadukathan(CTND).