||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2013)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
In 2001, Kanadukathan had a population of 4,795 people. Of these, 10% were under 6 years of age. The town is evenly split between males and females. Kanadukathan has a literacy rate of 74%, higher than the national average of 63.4%. According to the Indian census, the male literacy rate is 80% and the female literacy rate is 67%.
Kanadukathan is most famous for its Chettinad cuisine and for the architecture of its houses, whose main entrances are shaped to resemble those of temples.
- Chettiar Oorni Vinayagar Temple
- Ponnazhagi Amman Temple
- Maatta Oorni Vinayagar Temple [Chidambara vinayagar]
- Chettinad Siva Temple
- Ayyanar Temple
- Vairava Vinayagar Temple
- Paramanur Kali Temple
- Anjaneyar Temple
- Sundaramoorthy Vinayagar Temple
- Nagamuthu Mariamman Temple
- Varadaraja Perumal Temple
- Sri Padhmavathi Thayar & Vengatesha Perumal Temple
- Festival of the Goddess of Beauty (Tamil: பொன்னழகி அம்மன் திருவிழா) is a 10-day festival held in May every year.
- Hari Poojai is held in May every year.
- Sivarathiri is held in March. During Shivaratri, people take kavadi from Pazhaiyur (old Kanadukathan) to the Solai Andavar Temple (approximately 4 km).
Schools / Colleges
- M.ct.M.Chidambaram Chettiyar Higher Secondary School [ISO 9001 Certified]
- M.ct.M.Chidambaram Chettiyar Elementary School
- CV.CT.V.Meenakshi Achi Matriculation School
- Annamalai Polytechnic College
Places of interest
- Pillayarpatti Kovil—religious site 1,600 years old Hindu Temple (16 km)
- Kundrakudi Murugan Kovil—religious site (Hill Temple), Hindu Temple (14 km)
- Thirumayan Fort — historical site (10 km)
- Chettinad Palace — It was designed by Dr Annamali Chettiyar with European influence in its architecture.
- Island Bungalow — heritage site (2 KM)
Connection with major cities
- By train: Chettinad station is located on the Trichy – Rameswhwaram line. The following expresses stop at this station.
- Requests have been made to operate a daily overnight train between Coimbatore and Rameswaram via Kanadukathan(CTND).