|Des Moines, Iowa
|Channels||Digital: 19 (UHF)
Virtual: 19 (PSIP)
|Subchannels||19.1 This TV
19.2 The CW
|Affiliations||This TV (2009-present)|
|Owner||Pappas Telecasting Companies
(sale to Tri-State Christian Television pending)
(KDMI License, LLC)
|First air date||August 28, 2006|
|Call letters' meaning||Des Moines, Iowa|
|Former channel number(s)||Digital:
56 (UHF, 2006-2009)
America One (2006-2009)
|Transmitter power||839 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
KDMI is a digital-only television station that broadcasts out of Des Moines, Iowa on channel 19. KDMI is an affiliate of This TV. It is one of the few television stations in the country to carry the network as a main channel affiliation. It is owned by Pappas Telecasting, along with sister station CW affiliate KCWI-TV 23-HD. Mediacom carries KDMI on Channel 20 in Des Moines.
KDMI signed on August 28, 2006 as an America One affiliate. MyNetworkTV programming was added upon its launch on September 5. As MyNetworkTV's primetime lineup only aired six days a week for two hours, America One programming was retained in all other timeslots. By the fall of 2007 KDMI began carrying some first-run syndicated programs, including Family Feud and TMZ on TV.
In 2009, America One was dropped in favor of This TV; the station initially discontinued the MyNetworkTV affiliation following its conversion to a programming service (one program from the service, WWE SmackDown, then aired on KCWI until September 11, 2010 when the program moved to cable channel Syfy later that October). Outside of some syndicated programming, KDMI's schedule was then filled solely by This TV; however, as of October 3, 2011, KDMI re-affiliated with MyNetworkTV, although the station aired the service's programming 11 p.m.-1 a.m. (some nights 11:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., depending on the length of one of This TV's second primetime movie broadcasts). KDMI dropped MyNetworkTV once again after September 27, 2014; the MNTV affiliation in Des Moines moved to KCCI digital channel 8.3 on December 1st, 2014.
The KDMI call letters were previously used for two different radio stations in Des Moines. From 1960 to 1994 they were used at 97.3 FM, a Christian radio station owned by Buddy Tucker. After 97.3 became KHKI, the KDMI call letters were moved to 1460 AM before that station became KXNO at the beginning of 2001.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
- Johnson, Patt (2006-08-30). "Cable station to carry classic television shows". Des Moines Register.
- DesMoinesBroadcasting.com. "Des Moines Station Timeline". Retrieved 2006-10-29.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. January 6, 2016. Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KDMI
- KCWI23.com - KCWI/KDMI-TV official website
- DesMoines.ThisTV.com - This TV Des Moines official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KDMI
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KDMI-TV
- Coverage map from TVFool.com