|Created by||DJ's A Creative Unit|
|Directed by||Tony Singh & Deeya Singh|
|Starring||Harsh Lunia, Jacqueline Julianna, Salim Shah, Kavita Kapoor, Manoj Pahwa, Tanvee Sharma, Vatsal Sheth, Jennifer Kotwal|
|Opening theme||"Just Mohabbat" by Raju Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||186|
|Producer(s)||DJ's A Creative Unit|
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes|
|Original channel||Sony TV, Pogo (TV channel) (reruns) (2005-2007)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original run||1996 – 2000|
Just Mohabbat was a Hindi television drama-series that first aired on Sony TV channel in 1996. The series was directed by Tony and Deeya Singh. The story revolved around the life of Jai (played by Harsh Lunia and later Vatsal Sheth), a kid who stays in a hostel in Dehradun away from his parents Raj (played by Salim Shah) and Maya (played by Kavita Kapoor). The series chronicles his growing up years and focuses on his relationships with his family and friends, specially his friends Madhur, Roma and Sanjay and his imaginary friend Gautam (played by Aditya Kapadia). This is loosely based on The Wonder Years.
- Karanvir Bohra as Kabir
- Harsh Lunia as Jai
- Jacqueline Julianna as Priya
- Aditya Kapadia as Gautam (Jai's imaginary friend)
- Tanvee Sharma as Madhur Lamba
- Ravi Baswani as J.D. uncle
- Salim Shah as Raj
- Kavita Kapoor as Maya
- Manoj Pahwa as Ishwar
- Ashok Lokhande as Desmond
- Surekha Sikri as Mrs.Pandit
- Anita Kanwal as Sumitra
- Sadia Siddiqui as Laila (Jai and Madhurs theatre class teacher)
- Kunaal Roy Kapur as Sanjay
- Vatsal Sheth as Jai in his teens
- Jennifer Kotwal as Saloni
- Chandana Sharma as Aditi
- Yash Tonk as Harveer Singh Sodhi
Irfan Khan -Episode 3
The title track of the series became a fave of many like the series itself. The song, performed by the popular Indian playback singer and composer Kay Kay became impressive for the watchers due to its catchy tune with 90s' sway and an analogous sensational background score. The series aired in 1996, the time when the Indian television and more significantly Bollywood were under the effect of the 90s' stage whose impact was seen on the series as well as on the title track. The jaunty lyrics of the song express that although there are hurdles and sorrows in life, one should always be jovial and try to live life to the fullest - an idea specially aimed at the younger generation. The track went on to become one of the memorable and notable Indian TV series title tracks of the 90s. During that period, by and large the Doordarshan and cable TV were prevalent in India and as such, the series was televised in a cognate picture and sound format that varied from the modern high definition versions of the same. It is another attribute of the track.
- "Interview with producer director Deeya Singh". IndianTelevision.com. 2003-12-04.
- "Just Mohabbat title track". hindilyrics.net. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Artist KK". connect.hungama.com. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "User reviews". imdb.com. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|