New South Wales
Entering Jugiong at the old Hume Highway
|Population||232 (2006 Census)|
|Elevation||303 m (994 ft)|
Jugiong is a village community on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River, in the central east part of the Riverina. It is situated just off the Hume Highway, by road, about 30 kilometres southwest from Bookham and 40 kilometres northeast from Gundagai. At the 2006 census, Jugiong had a population of 232 people.
It was first settled in the 1820s when Henry O'Brien started grazing sheep on the Jugiong Run.
Jugiong Post Office opened on 1 October 1856. 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jugiong, New South Wales|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.